S09E07 The Zygon Invasion
Add Reply
Agamemnon
2015-10-31 22:53:04 UTC
New title sequence... can I wait any longer?

Spoilers

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0

The Zygon Invasion

The first question I want to ask is why was this episode called The
Zygon Invasion? Where exactly were the Zygons invading when they were
already here on Earth? Wouldn't it have been better to call it The Zygon
Rebellion?

Where I live if an old man decided to sit on a swing in a children's
playground and started talking to other peoples kids he'd be arrested.

Why are the Zygon commanders taking the from of primary school kids
instead of adults? The first thought that comes to mind is perverts.

Once again as is the custom with the new series the military are written
as poorly trained, incompetent and undisciplined morons that are totally
incapable of following orders or defending themselves let alone the
people they are assigned to protect.

The acting in this episode was entirely unconvincing especially from the
people doing American accents and was very annoying.

If you saw someone that looked like your mother coming out of a church
in Turmenistan (OMG it must be a real place, my spell checker in Firefox
hasn't underlined it) in the middle of a war zone you are fighting in,
your first question would be what the hell are you doing here, and how
the hell did you get here, and given the fact that you should have been
briefed that you are up against shape shifting aliens why would you be
so gullible as to believe she's real and follow her into a trap
especially when she can't even answer any of your personal questions.
You could at least try to phone your real mother first. The same goes
for a Zygon taking the form of your child.

There was nothing either in what was shown or said that would justify
these soldiers disobeying orders and worse than that taking orders from
a bunch of aliens. Also if a decent writer had written this story they
would have introduced the protagonists' mother and children to the
audience first and built up a relationship between them at home before
confronting them with Zygons in their form in the middle of a war zone,
in order for the viewer to empathise with them first. It doesn't work
when relationships like these are brought out of thin air.

Why doesn't the Doctor go to Turmenistan in the TARDIS? Oh, yes of
course, it's so that Zygon Clara can fire a missile at it in the
cliffhanger.

Why was there a church with a spire in the village? If Turmenistan is
supposed to be in central Asia it would have had a domed minaret. Why
was the place covered in puddles? Did they just have a monsoon?

Obviously the writer is trying to draw some sort of parallel in this
story with Islamists being hidden away in the community all over the
world especially Britain and waiting to be radicalised from a young age
into terrorists. Hence their use of a Junior School as their base in
London and a church as their base in Turmenistan in obvious comparison
with the Taliban using schools in Afghanistan, hence the name Taliban
meaning "students" and ISIS using Mosques as their hold outs, bases and
weapons dumps in Syria and Iraq and not giving a damn about their sanctity.

Capaldi's acting and characterisation is getting worse rather than
improving, especially with the comparison with Tennant and Smith in the
pre-title sequence and what the hell is the deal with the comic
sunglasses and guitar? Moffat might as well add a false moustache and a
cigar so Capaldi can do Groucho Marx properly. It's totally ridiculous.

Clara is also becoming very unlikeable, Zygon or not. The Doctor calls
her 128 times and she ignores him? If she did that to her boyfriend he'd
have gotten the message and found someone new.

Is Osgood the Zygon or human? Well, since we saw her use her inhaler and
Zygons don't need inhalers then she's obviously human. The question is
did she use the inhaler before Missy zapped her on the plane? Also who
knitted her Sylvester McCoy cardigan and Tom Baker scarf and embroidered
the question marks (Tom Baker or Peter Davison?) on he shirt?

8/10 for entertainment. The story was let down by bad acting all round
and the fact that Capaldi can't carry it.

80/100 for script writing. The character motivation and relationships
were unconvincing and dramatic tension was non-existent. Instead of
trying to hide the fact that Clara had been impersonated by a Zygon
until after the scene where she orders UNIT to destroy the Zygon
pouches, when it's then shown in Moffat's obsession with flashback, her
Zygon takeover should have been shown at the time it occurred and then
the viewer would have felt the tension of her being a threat to UNIT all
the time she was with them. The same issue existed with the scenes
involving Kate Stewart. The portrayal once again of the military as
stupid morons also let down the story.

If a writer for an American TV show had written this story it would have
been far more convincingly done otherwise it would have been rejected.

The story also was lacking any sensation of romance or adventure.
The Doctor
2015-10-31 23:18:57 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Finally some change from the normal.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
If you believe everything you read, better not read. -Japanese proverb
TB
2015-11-01 02:26:48 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Why would Zygons be sexually interested in HUMAN children?
Post by Agamemnon
If you saw someone that looked like your mother coming out of a church
in Turmenistan (OMG it must be a real place, my spell checker in Firefox
hasn't underlined it) in the middle of a war zone you are fighting in,
your first question would be what the hell are you doing here, and how
the hell did you get here, and given the fact that you should have been
briefed that you are up against shape shifting aliens why would you be
so gullible as to believe she's real and follow her into a trap
especially when she can't even answer any of your personal questions.
You could at least try to phone your real mother first. The same goes
for a Zygon taking the form of your child.
I'm assuming that the Zygons had hypnotized the UNIT troops! The commander looked to me like he had been hypnotized!

Would it be allowed for Special Forces troops to phone their loved ones in the middle of an operation?

My spell checker DID underline "Turmenistan"! I think you dropped a k from the real former Soviet Republic in Central Asia.
Post by Agamemnon
Why doesn't the Doctor go to Turmenistan in the TARDIS? Oh, yes of
course, it's so that Zygon Clara can fire a missile at it in the
cliffhanger.
Fire a missile at the TARDIS? The target looked like a plane to me.
Post by Agamemnon
Why was there a church with a spire in the village? If Turmenistan is
supposed to be in central Asia it would have had a domed minaret. Why
was the place covered in puddles? Did they just have a monsoon?
Obviously the writer is trying to draw some sort of parallel in this
story with Islamists being hidden away in the community all over the
world especially Britain and waiting to be radicalised from a young age
into terrorists. Hence their use of a Junior School as their base in
London and a church as their base in Turmenistan in obvious comparison
with the Taliban using schools in Afghanistan, hence the name Taliban
meaning "students" and ISIS using Mosques as their hold outs, bases and
weapons dumps in Syria and Iraq and not giving a damn about their sanctity.
I wonder if any of the Zygons have joined ISIS.
Post by Agamemnon
Is Osgood the Zygon or human? Well, since we saw her use her inhaler and
Zygons don't need inhalers then she's obviously human.
Osgood claimed to be half and half.

If a Zygon has assumed the precise form of a human who needs an inhaler, wouldn't it's new form also need an inhaler?
Post by Agamemnon
80/100 for script writing. The character motivation and relationships
were unconvincing and dramatic tension was non-existent. Instead of
trying to hide the fact that Clara had been impersonated by a Zygon
until after the scene where she orders UNIT to destroy the Zygon
pouches, when it's then shown in Moffat's obsession with flashback, her
Zygon takeover should have been shown at the time it occurred and then
the viewer would have felt the tension of her being a threat to UNIT all
the time she was with them.
Why would the ZYGON Clara order an airstrike against Zygons?

Where is the Zygon version of Kate?
TB
2015-11-01 02:38:37 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

111

Why weren't those Zygons injected with RFID chips so that they could be tracked?
Agamemnon
2015-11-01 04:37:57 UTC
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
111
Why weren't those Zygons injected with RFID chips so that they could be tracked?
It wasn't part of the deal. Their identity had to be kept secret. But
then the biggest problem with this story is that the authorities are all
written as incompetent, clueless morons.
TB
2015-11-01 02:43:04 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

I predict that after Part 2, the Zygons will all be sent to another planet!
Timothy Bruening
2015-11-01 03:08:04 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

UNIT forces have surrounded a church in Turkmenistan. A woman who looks like the mother of one of the lead UNIT soldiers comes out. He can't bring himself to shoot her. Why weren't those UNIT troops equipped with non-lethal weapons so that they could incapacitate everyone in the church (whatever they looked like) and sort them out later? After all, UNIT forces used non-lethal weapons to knock out both the Doctor AND Missy last year!
Your Name
2015-11-01 03:39:44 UTC
[...]
Government budget cuts. They won't have money to buy more non-lethal
ammunition until next quarter. ;-)
Agamemnon
2015-11-01 04:42:49 UTC
[...]
And like that audience knows this how when they've not seen her before.
My first thought was why is this woman leaving a church in a former
Soviet republic speaking with an American accent and why should I care
about her.
Post by Timothy Bruening
He can't bring himself to shoot her.
It also seems that the other people were probably relatives of the other
soldiers otherwise why would they all follow him into the trap.

The entire scene was really badly written.
Post by Timothy Bruening
Why weren't those UNIT troops equipped with non-lethal weapons so that they could incapacitate everyone in the church (whatever they looked like) and sort them out later? After all, UNIT forces used non-lethal weapons to knock out both the Doctor AND Missy last year!
Because they've been written as incompetent, clueless, gullible morons
rather than a competent elite military group.
TB
2015-11-01 17:12:26 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Timothy Bruening
[...]
She could have been kidnapped by the Zygons and taken to the church. (But how did the Zygons know which UNIT people would be on the raid?).
Why didn't that gung ho female commander (who was the only UNIT person not affected by the Zygon hypnotism) shoot the "mother" herself (in hopes of breaking the UNIT troops out of the Zygon spell)?
Agamemnon
When did the Zygons first have the power of hypnosis?
TB
2015-11-01 21:50:38 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Timothy Bruening
He can't bring himself to shoot her.
It also seems that the other people were probably relatives of the other
soldiers otherwise why would they all follow him into the trap.
Why didn't that gung ho female commander (who was the only UNIT person not affected by the Zygon hypnotism) shoot the "mother" herself (in hopes of breaking the UNIT troops out of the Zygon spell)?
When did the Zygons first have the power of hypnosis?
I don't know. I may not have seen all the Zygon episodes.

It sure looked to me like those soldiers were hypnotized!
The Doctor
2015-11-01 13:15:51 UTC
[...]
But then how would a church look in a Muslim country like Turkmenistan?
TB
2015-11-01 17:06:25 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

The Zygon commanders are in the form of two human girls. Then the rebel Zygons convert the two back into adult Zygons much larger than the kids. I assume that the adult Zygons would be much more massive than human girls. Where did the extra mass come from? Same type of question for Zygons who convert into animals and back again.
TB
2015-11-01 21:47:38 UTC
[...]
The Commander orders the soldier to ask Mom some questions only she would know the answer to. What good would that do? Wouldn't Zygon Mom have extracted everything from Real Mom via that pod thing?

Might the Zygon pods be the ancestor of the Ganger tech of a few seasons ago?
Agamemnon
2015-11-01 04:36:08 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Ask the BBC that. Why would Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris
be sexually interested in human children? Why was the BBC allowing them
to go near them on its time? You just have to ask if the BBC has learned
anything from it's previous 'mistakes'.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Special forces troops would not have been taken in by such a deception.
The would have either done their job as ordered without question or
followed orders to withdraw for checks to be made by their commanders.
The one who refused to press the button put in the brig and
court-martialed if they were serving in a real army.
Post by TB
My spell checker DID underline "Turmenistan"! I think you dropped a k from the real former Soviet Republic in Central Asia.
It was called Turmenistan in the episode. Obviously the producers on
Doctor Who must be using the same stupid spell checker as I am.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Why doesn't the Doctor go to Turmenistan in the TARDIS? Oh, yes of
course, it's so that Zygon Clara can fire a missile at it in the
cliffhanger.
Fire a missile at the TARDIS? The target looked like a plane to me.
The plane not the TARDIS. Wasn't that clear. Stupid language.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Why was there a church with a spire in the village? If Turmenistan is
supposed to be in central Asia it would have had a domed minaret. Why
was the place covered in puddles? Did they just have a monsoon?
Obviously the writer is trying to draw some sort of parallel in this
story with Islamists being hidden away in the community all over the
world especially Britain and waiting to be radicalised from a young age
into terrorists. Hence their use of a Junior School as their base in
London and a church as their base in Turmenistan in obvious comparison
with the Taliban using schools in Afghanistan, hence the name Taliban
meaning "students" and ISIS using Mosques as their hold outs, bases and
weapons dumps in Syria and Iraq and not giving a damn about their sanctity.
I wonder if any of the Zygons have joined ISIS.
Most probably they have. Look at they way they treated their own
commanders and the soldiers by dusting them.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Is Osgood the Zygon or human? Well, since we saw her use her inhaler and
Zygons don't need inhalers then she's obviously human.
Osgood claimed to be half and half.
If a Zygon has assumed the precise form of a human who needs an inhaler, wouldn't it's new form also need an inhaler?
The inhaler was the device by which the Doctor identified the real human
Osgood in The Day of the Doctor.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
80/100 for script writing. The character motivation and relationships
were unconvincing and dramatic tension was non-existent. Instead of
trying to hide the fact that Clara had been impersonated by a Zygon
until after the scene where she orders UNIT to destroy the Zygon
pouches, when it's then shown in Moffat's obsession with flashback, her
Zygon takeover should have been shown at the time it occurred and then
the viewer would have felt the tension of her being a threat to UNIT all
the time she was with them.
Why would the ZYGON Clara order an airstrike against Zygons?
When did Zygon Clara order an airstrike against the Zygons?
Post by Agamemnon
involving Kate Stewart. The portrayal once again of the military as
stupid morons also let down the story.
Where is the Zygon version of Kate?
Have you actually watched this episode? Standing behind her in the next
to last scene.
solar penguin
2015-11-01 09:34:41 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
At least they were humans interested in human children. Why would a Zygon
be interested in a non-Zygon child?

Like I said in the other post, the fact that your first thought was about
interspecies sex tells a lot about you.
Agamemnon
2015-11-01 10:26:35 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Why would a cat be interested in having children with a human woman?
Post by solar penguin
Like I said in the other post, the fact that your first thought was about
interspecies sex tells a lot about you.
My first thought was about two adults disguising themselves as children
in a junior school. My second thought is why? My third thought is are
these Zygons male or female? Were they allowed to share the same
changing room as the other children of the same sex they were
impersonating?

On top of being akin to radicalised Islamists these Zygons are perverts.
solar penguin
2015-11-01 10:35:34 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by solar penguin
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
(*sigh*) Here we go again...

He wasn't a cat. He was a catlike hominid that evolved from Homo sapiens,
and was thus human (even if racists like Cassandra disagreed.)
Post by Agamemnon
Post by solar penguin
Like I said in the other post, the fact that your first thought was
about interspecies sex tells a lot about you.
My first thought was about two adults disguising themselves as children
in a junior school. My second thought is why? My third thought is are
these Zygons male or female? Were they allowed to share the same
changing room as the other children of the same sex they were
impersonating?
Why would sharing the changing room matter? Zygons don't wear clothes in
their natural form, so their minds obviously don't associate nudity with
anything sexual in any way.

And besides, even if they did find nudity sexual, they wouldn't be
sexually excited by naked human bodies any more than we're excited by
naked animal bodies. (OK, so in your case that might be a bad example,
but it's true for the rest of us!)
Project much?
Agamemnon
2015-11-01 10:45:26 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by solar penguin
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
You what? How did a feline evolve from Homo sapiens, ie. primates?
Post by solar penguin
and was thus human (even if racists like Cassandra disagreed.)
No he wasn't. He was a humanoid that evolved from a domestic moggie just
like Cat in Red Dwarf did.
Post by solar penguin
Post by Agamemnon
Post by solar penguin
Like I said in the other post, the fact that your first thought was
about interspecies sex tells a lot about you.
My first thought was about two adults disguising themselves as children
in a junior school. My second thought is why? My third thought is are
these Zygons male or female? Were they allowed to share the same
changing room as the other children of the same sex they were
impersonating?
Why would sharing the changing room matter? Zygons don't wear clothes in
Transexuals are not even allowed to do that in prison and you think
adults disguised as children should be allowed to do it in school. Is
there something wrong with your mind?
Post by solar penguin
their natural form, so their minds obviously don't associate nudity with
anything sexual in any way.
Excuses, excuses. It was not Zygons they would get to see naked but
humans who do wear clothes.
Post by solar penguin
And besides, even if they did find nudity sexual, they wouldn't be
sexually excited by naked human bodies any more than we're excited by
naked animal bodies.
You mean any more than that cat in Gridlock was attracted to a human
woman, enough to have it's babies by her?
Post by solar penguin
(OK, so in your case that might be a bad example,
but it's true for the rest of us!)
More excuses.
Post by solar penguin
Post by Agamemnon
On top of being akin to radicalised Islamists these Zygons are perverts.
Project much?
Even the Radio Times says they were akin to radicalised Islamist
terrorists and foreign migrants.
TB
Is the BBC expressing its opinion that Europe must not allow all those Muslim refugees into their territory?
The Doctor
Tim Bruening
And which bathrooms would the Zygons be allowed to use?
TB
2015-11-01 17:14:12 UTC
About to bushwhack her?
The Doctor
TB
What is that?
solar penguin
2015-11-01 09:30:43 UTC
On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:53:04 +0000, Agamemnon wrote:

(with some snippage)
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Good point, but rebellions in DW tend to be A Good Thing, where the
Doctor sides with the downtrodden-but-plucky rebels against their evil
oppressors.

Perhaps this could've finally been a chance to use that long-rejected
working title "The Enemy Within" on an actual episode.
Post by Agamemnon
Where I live if an old man decided to sit on a swing in a children's
playground and started talking to other peoples kids he'd be arrested.
True, but the Doctor has shown himself able to hang around children's
playgrounds without trouble before (when Eleventh was stalking young
Clara.)

It's probably a speshul Time Lord ability, or something...
Post by Agamemnon
Why are the Zygon commanders taking the from of primary school kids
instead of adults? The first thought that comes to mind is perverts.
The fact it was your _first_ thought says more about you than I want to
know!

My first thought was, "This is going to encourage the children in the
audience to tease all the awkward, outsider kids at their school by
calling them Zygons." (And that probably reveals more about _my_
childhood than you want to know!)

My very much later thought was, "If the Doctor thinks Zygons have to keep
the original alive to maintain the copy, why isn't he upset at the
thought of them holding the real children captive in pods?"
Post by Agamemnon
Once again as is the custom with the new series the military are written
as poorly trained, incompetent and undisciplined morons that are totally
incapable of following orders or defending themselves let alone the
people they are assigned to protect.
Yes, the new series is following firmly in the traditions of Dicks/Letts
by portraying UNIT as useless. ("I'm pretty sure that's Cromer out
there.")
Post by Agamemnon
If you saw someone that looked like your mother coming out of a church
in Turmenistan (OMG it must be a real place, my spell checker in Firefox
hasn't underlined it) in the middle of a war zone you are fighting in,
your first question would be what the hell are you doing here, and how
the hell did you get here, and given the fact that you should have been
briefed that you are up against shape shifting aliens why would you be
so gullible as to believe she's real and follow her into a trap
especially when she can't even answer any of your personal questions.
Or at the very least, one of the other soldiers should've shot her. She
wasn't everyone's mother!
Post by Agamemnon
There was nothing either in what was shown or said that would justify
these soldiers disobeying orders and worse than that taking orders from
a bunch of aliens.
I'm hoping the warmongering female Colonel is actually a Zygon agent, and
her hawklike attitude is all bluff, while she's actually been secretly
demoralising her UNIT troops, making them ineffective. (That would also
explain why she didn't give the Doctor the ten minutes she promised to
rescue Osgood.) But it's a bit too logical for Doctor Who.
Post by Agamemnon
Why doesn't the Doctor go to Turmenistan in the TARDIS? Oh, yes of
course, it's so that Zygon Clara can fire a missile at it in the
cliffhanger.
Yes. It wouldn't be that hard to write in a simple throwaway line
suggesting the TARDIS could miss by a billion years. But again, that
would be too logical.
Post by Agamemnon
Obviously the writer is trying to draw some sort of parallel in this
story with Islamists being hidden away in the community all over the
world especially Britain and waiting to be radicalised from a young age
into terrorists. Hence their use of a Junior School as their base in
London and a church as their base in Turmenistan in obvious comparison
with the Taliban using schools in Afghanistan, hence the name Taliban
meaning "students" and ISIS using Mosques as their hold outs, bases and
weapons dumps in Syria and Iraq and not giving a damn about their sanctity.
It's kind of worrying that we've had two episodes in a row where
apparently peaceful aliens on Earth are actually evil and plotting
against the humans. Does Moffat vote UKIP?
Post by Agamemnon
Capaldi's acting and characterisation is getting worse rather than
improving, especially with the comparison with Tennant and Smith in the
pre-title sequence
Capaldi is doing his best with the material he's given. The trouble is,
the writers aren't consistent about his character, so there's not much he
can do.
Post by Agamemnon
and what the hell is the deal with the comic
sunglasses and guitar? Moffat might as well add a false moustache and a
cigar so Capaldi can do Groucho Marx properly. It's totally ridiculous.
In which film Groucho Marx play an electric guitar?

OK, joking aside, if we're going to do Marx Brothers comparisons, Capaldi
reminds me more of Chico, but with a Scottish accent instead of an
Italian one.
Post by Agamemnon
Clara is also becoming very unlikeable, Zygon or not. The Doctor calls
her 128 times and she ignores him? If she did that to her boyfriend he'd
have gotten the message and found someone new.
Yes, it could've been better if Clara had already been replaced before
the episode started.
Siri Cruz
2015-11-01 11:03:08 UTC
(with some snippage)
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
It was made clear enough they don't have zPod humans to keep a body print.
Post by solar penguin
Or at the very least, one of the other soldiers should've shot her. She
wasn't everyone's mother!
Doctor Who must be contesting the SciFi Channel for incidental stupidity death
toll.
Post by solar penguin
Yes. It wouldn't be that hard to write in a simple throwaway line
suggesting the TARDIS could miss by a billion years. But again, that
would be too logical.
Where's the Tardis? He could fit it in an SST, even though that was smaller on
the inside than the outside, so why not a president plane.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists since we
cannot prove the consistency. ~~ Morris Kline
Tim Bruening
What would happen in such an episode? Would it be similar to the Star Trek episode?
Tim Bruening
Featuring a human/Zygon crossbreed who gets split in two by a teleporter accident?
¡Gölök Z.L.F Buday AKA The Black Jester #theblackjester
2015-11-02 01:24:03 UTC
On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:53:04 +0000, in rec.arts.drwho Agamemnon <***@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

¡New title sequence... can I wait any longer?
¡
¡Spoilers
¡
¡1
¡2
¡3
¡4
¡5
¡6
¡7
¡8
¡9
¡0
¡1
¡2
¡3
¡4
¡5
¡6
¡7
¡8
¡9
¡0
¡
¡The Zygon Invasion
¡
¡The first question I want to ask is why was this episode called The
¡Zygon Invasion? Where exactly were the Zygons invading when they were
¡already here on Earth? Wouldn't it have been better to call it The Zygon
¡Rebellion?
¡
¡Where I live if an old man decided to sit on a swing in a children's
¡playground and started talking to other peoples kids he'd be arrested.
¡

No shit. He's be arrest...no this is Canada, he'd be asked to pay fine. Or spend
time in White Collar jail.

¡Why are the Zygon commanders taking the from of primary school kids
¡instead of adults? The first thought that comes to mind is perverts.

That is the only clever thing, aside from the fact that, in the Terror of the Zygons one
referred to it as uncomfortable to shape change to the 'abomination of a human body'
suggesting that a comperable sized biped would be hard enough but bunnies and children
are nothing more than nonsense one would expect from Disney Executives, they might be pervs.

¡Once again as is the custom with the new series the military are written
¡as poorly trained, incompetent and undisciplined morons that are totally
¡incapable of following orders or defending themselves let alone the
¡people they are assigned to protect.

Yes, in fact she is insolent to the Doctor who is supposed to be his boss who knows
enough to check for a subterainian base first himself.

¡The acting in this episode was entirely unconvincing especially from the
¡people doing American accents and was very annoying.

Cute how they try.

¡If you saw someone that looked like your mother coming out of a church
¡in Turmenistan (OMG it must be a real place, my spell checker in Firefox
¡hasn't underlined it) in the middle of a war zone you are fighting in,
¡your first question would be what the hell are you doing here, and how
¡the hell did you get here, and given the fact that you should have been
¡briefed that you are up against shape shifting aliens why would you be
¡so gullible as to believe she's real and follow her into a trap
¡especially when she can't even answer any of your personal questions.
¡You could at least try to phone your real mother first. The same goes
¡for a Zygon taking the form of your child.

Notice how fucked the background is compared to the foreground?

¡There was nothing either in what was shown or said that would justify
¡these soldiers disobeying orders and worse than that taking orders from
¡a bunch of aliens. Also if a decent writer had written this story they
¡would have introduced the protagonists' mother and children to the
¡audience first and built up a relationship between them at home before
¡confronting them with Zygons in their form in the middle of a war zone,
¡in order for the viewer to empathise with them first. It doesn't work
¡when relationships like these are brought out of thin air.

There is a lack of build up in most post-millenial shows, it may be the lack of
the 22 min. segmenting. The 45min thing is a foolish methood, they are too quick
to jump to things, they over do things. It's real sloppy. With Zygons it should
be the last thing you expect or notice before the show up. Terror of the Zygons
was a brilliant thing for now and then. Largely it can be blamed on the 50th
Anniversary abortion.

¡Why doesn't the Doctor go to Turmenistan in the TARDIS? Oh, yes of
¡course, it's so that Zygon Clara can fire a missile at it in the
¡cliffhanger.

Doctor Fury may be waiting for Iron Lethbridge Stewart.

¡Why was there a church with a spire in the village? If Turmenistan is
¡supposed to be in central Asia it would have had a domed minaret. Why
¡was the place covered in puddles? Did they just have a monsoon?

Remember when Iron Horse said....oh no sorry wrong thing....

¡Obviously the writer is trying to draw some sort of parallel in this
¡story with Islamists being hidden away in the community all over the
¡world especially Britain and waiting to be radicalised from a young age
¡into terrorists. Hence their use of a Junior School as their base in
¡London and a church as their base in Turmenistan in obvious comparison
¡with the Taliban using schools in Afghanistan, hence the name Taliban
¡meaning "students" and ISIS using Mosques as their hold outs, bases and
¡weapons dumps in Syria and Iraq and not giving a damn about their sanctity.

40 years and they too learn lightning hands.

¡Capaldi's acting and characterisation is getting worse rather than
¡improving, especially with the comparison with Tennant and Smith in the
¡pre-title sequence and what the hell is the deal with the comic
¡sunglasses and guitar? Moffat might as well add a false moustache and a
¡cigar so Capaldi can do Groucho Marx properly. It's totally ridiculous.

They retooled him already, fuck, the show being retooled was bad enough this
milennium but the life's character. Shit.

¡Clara is also becoming very unlikeable, Zygon or not. The Doctor calls
¡her 128 times and she ignores him? If she did that to her boyfriend he'd
¡have gotten the message and found someone new.

Massive idiot. The characters like her and Rose it wraps around them and they
are useless. It happened with Ace but she had skills and it was also what killed it
in the first place.

¡Is Osgood the Zygon or human? Well, since we saw her use her inhaler and
¡Zygons don't need inhalers then she's obviously human. The question is
¡did she use the inhaler before Missy zapped her on the plane? Also who
¡knitted her Sylvester McCoy cardigan and Tom Baker scarf and embroidered
¡the question marks (Tom Baker or Peter Davison?) on he shirt?

Davidson. Osgood, hybrid both, Os, must have time traveled her where she is in a
spiral with a time travel duplicate with the same Zygon. The 1 hr body print seems to
last a bit. But here is a hint, Os, Oswald (who is printed, Osgood who i hybrid...)
I am trying to think down to Moffat's level.

[...]

Even the bad ones rank high, so how much do the BBC pay you all.
They realize that anyone old enough to be using usenet, is old enough
to have seen the real pre-milennial Doctor Who.
Bill Jillians
2015-11-02 19:04:52 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
This seasons doubles all seem to have titles that play upon each other
... even if they don't make a lot of sense. Next weeks is called the
Zygon Inversion ... the script writers probably didn't come up with
anything funky enough to go with The Zygon Rebellion.
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Yeah ... I suppose kids might swallow this but no adult will. I guess
showing someone shooting there own mother would have traumatized the
kids.
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
I have to admit there was a lot wrong with it. But then Dr. Who is
dealing with some difficult issues in a way kids are going to be able to
relate to. So I suppose compromises have to be made.
--
Bill Jillians

Idlehands admits how dumb he is.
"Thank god we are as fucking stupid as the British, that is if the chicken
fucker and binky are any representation."
Mike M
2015-11-02 20:04:40 UTC
Post by Bill Jillians
New title sequence... I'm obsessed.
The first question I want to ask is why was this episode called The
Zygon Invasion? Where exactly were the Zygons invading when they were
already here on Earth? Wouldn't it have been better to call it The
Zygon Rebellion?
This seasons doubles all seem to have titles that play upon each other
... even if they don't make a lot of sense. Next weeks is called the
Zygon Inversion ... the script writers probably didn't come up with
anything funky enough to go with The Zygon Rebellion.
As I was writing up my thoughts I toyed with the notion of _The Zygon
Revolution/ The Zygon Revelation_.

But I decided I didn't care enough to worry about the titles.
--
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't
important."
¡Gölök Z.L.F Buday AKA The Black Jester #theblackjester
2015-11-09 03:50:22 UTC
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:04:52 +0000, in rec.arts.drwho Bill Jillians <***@btinternet.com> wrote:

¡In message <***@eclipse.net.uk>, Agamemnon
¡<***@hello.to.NO_SPAM> writes
¡>New title sequence... can I wait any longer?
¡>
¡>Spoilers
¡>
¡>1
¡>2
¡>3
¡>4
¡>5
¡>6
¡>7
¡>8
¡>9
¡>0
¡>1
¡>2
¡>3
¡>4
¡>5
¡>6
¡>7
¡>8
¡>9
¡>0
¡>
¡>The Zygon Invasion
¡>
[...]
¡--
¡Bill Jillians
¡
¡Idlehands admits how dumb he is.
¡"Thank god we are as fucking stupid as the British, that is if the chicken
¡fucker and binky are any representation."
¡
¡

Terror of the Zygons showed up while American Oil Men were intruded upon by them and their milk providing monster.
Now, this was during the fuel crissis. Preceding Planet of Evil related to the issue to. This wasn't for kids. Well maybe
kids like me, but those were rare. But the relating to kids part was a parental responsibility and this may have hit the
"me generation" that raised little Eric Cartmans that did moe Damage than Dr Who villains. Some to the show now.
I'd say Mii Generation is now, but the brats get their love bought by Sony Systems now.
Most what is done lately is too say "BBC would miss Scotland and Wales if they seperate." Playing incompatible tropes
and forgetting not just our age's continuity but their own, hell they forgot "I Davros." Not a bad psych assesment,
for the post millenial.
Tim Bruening
2017-02-24 05:24:14 UTC
To hide better? (Who would suspect little girls of being commanders of an alien force?).
The Doctor
2017-02-24 05:43:29 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... can I wait any longer?
Why are the Zygon commanders taking the from of primary school kids
instead of adults? The first thought that comes to mind is perverts.
To hide better? (Who would suspect little girls of being commanders of an alien force?).
Ag has a point.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
God is dead! Yahweh lives! Jesus his only begotten Son is the Risen Saviour!!
Tim Bruening
Why the moderate Zygons didn't mobilize to put down the radical Zygons: The Zygon commanders got killed off early in the episode, so they could not order the moderates to fight the radicals.
Tim Bruening
But could the Doctor have issued the necessary orders?
The Doctor
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
2017-03-03 11:20:57 UTC
To make humans truly equal to Zygons, I propose a research project to teach humans how to shapeshift.
The Doctor
2017-03-03 14:47:13 UTC
To make humans truly equal to Zygons, I propose a research project to
teach humans how to shapeshift.
No!
Tim Bruening
2017-03-04 02:51:08 UTC
Wouldn't shapeshifting be a useful talent?
The Doctor
2017-03-04 13:06:02 UTC
To make humans truly equal to Zygons, I propose a research project to
teach humans how to shapeshift.
No!
Wouldn't shapeshifting be a useful talent?
We are not chameleons.
Tim Bruening
How does that answer my question?
The Doctor
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
I have in mind combining Zygon DNA with human DNA to create shapeshifting humans.
The Doctor
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
solar penguin
2017-07-11 21:34:41 UTC
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:22:27 -0700, Tim Bruening wrote...
In article
Post by Tim Bruening
To make humans truly equal to Zygons, I propose a research
project to teach humans how to shapeshift.
No!
Wouldn't shapeshifting be a useful talent?
We are not chameleons.
How does that answer my question?
DNA!
I have in mind combining Zygon DNA with human DNA to create
shapeshifting humans.
That would only work if Zygon shapeshifting is genetic in the first place.

Back in the seventies (or was it the eighties?) they needed to use
technology in order to shapeshift. It wasn't a natural ability.

BROTON: You admire our technology, human?

DOCTOR: Well, I'm not human, and I've seen better.

BROTON: Better than this?

(Broton transforms into the Duke, wearing a mohair overcoat.)

DOCTOR: Very good, very good. Almost impressive.

If their shapeshifting technology has improved since then at the same
rate as our computer technology, they probably use miniature shapeshifting
devices implanted in their bodies (and which might even prove fatal to
humans if they tried to transform us because our biochemistry is
different!)

Instead of wasting time with DNA, you should concentrate on developing
shapeshifting technology for humans.
Tim Bruening
Great idea! 10/10, SP!
The Doctor
Birthday 29 Jan 1969 BOrn Redhill,Surrey,England , UK!
Timothy Bruening
If that succeeds, humans & Zygons will be equal, & the Osgoods will be able to reveal what they are!
The Doctor
Genius without education is like silver in the mine. -Benjamin Franklin
Timothy Bruening
Were there actual shape shifting Homo Sapiens in Terror?
The Doctor
Genius without education is like silver in the mine. -Benjamin Franklin
Timothy Bruening
How then does Terror Of The Zygons prove that shape shifting humans would not be legally & socially equal to Zygons?
The Doctor
2018-04-18 22:29:52 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Humans cannot shape shit for the most part.
All things may corrupt when minds are prone to evil. -Ovid
Timothy Bruening
Why would we want to shape shit?
Daniel60
2018-04-19 09:38:45 UTC
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 2:38:35 PM UTC-7, solar penguin wro
<Snip>
Instead of wasting time with DNA, you should concentrate on developing
shapeshifting technology for humans.
If that succeeds, humans & Zygons will be equal, & the Osgoods will be
able to reveal what they are!
Not in Terror!
Were there actual shape shifting Homo Sapiens in Terror?
Just Zygons.
How then does Terror Of The Zygons prove that shape shifting humans
would not be legally & socially equal to Zygons?
Humans cannot shape shit for the most part.
Why would we want to shape shit?
Well picked, Tim!! I was going to comment on the idiot suggesting
"Humans cannot shape shit for the most part." then I saw your valid
question!!

However, I still wonder what humans *CAN* shape shift *in any part*!!

Let alone "for the most part"!!
I am confident that Zygons & UNIT can figure out how to enable humans to shape shift!
The Doctor
All things may corrupt when minds are prone to evil. -Ovid
The Other Doctor
That's nice.
Timothy Bruening
I envision combining human & Zygon DNA!
The Doctor
2018-08-31 15:19:32 UTC
[...]
I agree if the Zygons are to survive.
NB 24 Sept vote Liberal! Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
Timothy Bruening
2018-08-31 13:59:13 UTC
Can adult Zygons in human form vote?
The Doctor
2018-08-31 15:19:47 UTC
Can adult Zygons in human form vote?
Yes.
NB 24 Sept vote Liberal! Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
Timothy Bruening
2018-12-06 21:23:15 UTC
Cue nasty tweets from Trump.
The Doctor
2018-12-06 22:25:53 UTC
Can adult Zygons in human form vote?
Yes.
Cue nasty tweets from Trump.
Cue stupidity from Tim Bruening.
Merry Christmas 2018 and Happy New Year 2019!!
Timothy Bruening
2018-08-31 17:30:37 UTC
Clara is once again shown has having authority with UNIT up to and including being able to command UNIT soldiers to use deadly force. (TV: The Magician's Apprentice)

Does this mean that a Doctor's Companion (Bill in Pyramid) would actually have the authority to make deals with enemy forces?
The Doctor
NB 24 Sept vote Liberal! Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
The Doctor
All things may corrupt when minds are prone to evil. -Ovid
The Other Doctor
2018-04-19 16:28:14 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
What shape shifting humans? In what way are Zygons legally different to
humans? Why would a shape shifter of any other race be "socially" equal to a
Zygon?
Timothy Bruening
Biggest current difference is that Zygons can shape shift whereas humans can't. I want to eliminate that difference so that it won't matter which is which, which is the Osgood condition for revealing what they are.
The Doctor
2018-04-19 21:22:49 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Was the Zygon OSgood killed or the real one?
All things may corrupt when minds are prone to evil. -Ovid
Daniel60
2018-04-20 07:32:32 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
In article
<Snip>
Post by The Other Doctor
Were there actual shape shifting Homo Sapiens in Terror?
Just Zygons.
How then does Terror Of The Zygons prove that shape shifting
humans would not be legally & socially equal to Zygons?
What shape shifting humans? In what way are Zygons legally
different to humans? Why would a shape shifter of any other race
be "socially" equal to a Zygon?
Biggest current difference is that Zygons can shape shift whereas
humans can't. I want to eliminate that difference so that it won't
matter which is which, which is the Osgood condition for revealing
what they are.
Was the Zygon OSgood killed or the real one?
Yes!!
2018-04-20 12:51:06 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
In article
<Snip>
Post by The Other Doctor
Were there actual shape shifting Homo Sapiens in Terror?
Just Zygons.
How then does Terror Of The Zygons prove that shape shifting
humans would not be legally & socially equal to Zygons?
What shape shifting humans? In what way are Zygons legally
different to humans? Why would a shape shifter of any other race
be "socially" equal to a Zygon?
Biggest current difference is that Zygons can shape shift whereas
humans can't. I want to eliminate that difference so that it won't
matter which is which, which is the Osgood condition for revealing
what they are.
Was the Zygon OSgood killed or the real one?
Yes!!
Which one. Exclusive or!
All things may corrupt when minds are prone to evil. -Ovid
Daniel60
2018-04-21 12:37:23 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
In article
<Snip>
Post by The Other Doctor
Were there actual shape shifting Homo Sapiens in Terror?
Just Zygons.
How then does Terror Of The Zygons prove that shape shifting
humans would not be legally & socially equal to Zygons?
What shape shifting humans? In what way are Zygons legally
different to humans? Why would a shape shifter of any other race
be "socially" equal to a Zygon?
Biggest current difference is that Zygons can shape shift whereas
humans can't. I want to eliminate that difference so that it won't
matter which is which, which is the Osgood condition for revealing
what they are.
Was the Zygon OSgood killed or the real one?
Yes!!
Which one. Exclusive or!
*Not* "Exclusive Or, idiot!! It was just one single question that was
asked, so I gave one single answer!!

If Tim had asked "Was the Zygon Osgood killed?? Or was the real one
killed?" ... that would have been two questions, requiring two answers.

But Tim asked one question, so I gave one answer!!
Okay, WHICH Osgood did Missy kill at end of Season 8 (Human or Zygon)?
Daniel60
2018-07-18 13:38:28 UTC
In article
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 3:07:32 PM UTC-7, The Doctor
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
In article
<Snip>
Post by The Other Doctor
[...]
I cannot recall, Tim, .... maybe next time I see the ep I could make a
decision!
2018-07-18 16:01:57 UTC
In article
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 3:07:32 PM UTC-7, The Doctor
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
In article
<Snip>
Post by The Other Doctor
[...]
Good luck.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Timothy Bruening
2018-08-31 13:56:05 UTC
The Doctor resumes his title of President of Earth, and requests use of his presidential plane just so he can "ponce around".

I predict a government waste scandal!
The Doctor
2018-08-31 15:15:41 UTC
The Doctor resumes his title of President of Earth, and requests use of
his presidential plane just so he can "ponce around".
I predict a government waste scandal!
At the UN level.
NB 24 Sept vote Liberal! Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
The Doctor
2018-07-18 15:57:56 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
In article
<Snip>
Post by The Other Doctor
[...]
Well if Zygon, 2 Zygons otherwise ...
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer