Where did all the regulars go?
Add Reply
Michael Forbes
2020-05-23 01:11:05 UTC
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who used
to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
Adam H. Kerman
2020-05-23 02:20:57 UTC
Post by Michael Forbes
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who used
to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
Could you post something interesting about Doctor Who, please? That would
make a nice change.
Timothy Bruening
2020-05-23 02:46:12 UTC
Most interesting aspect of recent DW: The Doctor becoming a WOMAN!
The Doctor
2020-05-23 04:05:50 UTC
Most interesting aspect of recent DW: The Doctor becoming a WOMAN!
FAUX!
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
Timothy Bruening
2020-05-23 04:11:39 UTC
But still interesting.
The Doctor
2020-05-23 04:15:59 UTC
Most interesting aspect of recent DW: The Doctor becoming a WOMAN!
FAUX!
But still interesting.
No! Chibnall is wrecking DW!
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
Timothy Bruening
Interesting events don't have to be positive! In fact, the media generally finds bad events more interesting than good events.
The Doctor
2020-05-23 13:49:15 UTC
Most interesting aspect of recent DW: The Doctor becoming a WOMAN!
FAUX!
But still interesting.
No! Chibnall is wrecking DW!
Interesting events don't have to be positive! In fact, the media
generally finds bad events more interesting than good events.
Like Trump over emocrats?
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
Tim Bruening
What are Emocrats?
The Doctor
2020-05-23 14:38:47 UTC
Most interesting aspect of recent DW: The Doctor becoming a WOMAN!
FAUX!
But still interesting.
No! Chibnall is wrecking DW!
Interesting events don't have to be positive! In fact, the media
generally finds bad events more interesting than good events.
Like Trump over emocrats?
What are Emocrats?
Democrats not Emocrats!
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The Doctor
2020-05-23 04:05:40 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Michael Forbes
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who used
to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
Could you post something interesting about Doctor Who, please? That would
make a nice change.
Full agreed. To dispose of Tim Bruening as well.
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
Timothy Bruening
2020-05-23 02:49:21 UTC
Most interesting thing to happen to the Doctor this year: Learning that she has a long forgotten past extending back to before the dawn of the Time Lords!
The Doctor
2020-05-23 04:06:05 UTC
Most interesting thing to happen to the Doctor this year: Learning that
she has a long forgotten past extending back to before the dawn of the
Time Lords!
False!!
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The Doctor
2020-05-23 04:04:32 UTC
Post by Michael Forbes
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who used
to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
Propably Facebook.
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
Mike M
2020-05-23 06:49:01 UTC
Post by Michael Forbes
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who used
to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
UseNet is a dying medium. I’m the case of this group, any possible
interesting dialogue gets so swamped by hundreds of incomprehensible and /
or insulting troll posts from Yads (“The Doctor”), irrelevant nonsense from
Tim Bruening and lunatic racist sexist creeds from Aggy (“The True Doctor”)
that meaningful discourse become impossible to follow.

Most of the fan websites such as Gallifreyan Base have also died.

Try one of the many Doctor Who groups on Facebook instead until you find
one you like - there’s a wide choice and quite active. The three I keep
track of are Doctor Who Infinity (because it’s accepting of a full range of
opinion and only closes debate down when it gets insulting or overly
aggressive); Big Finish Listeners because that’s where most of what I
consider the interesting Who action is these days; and the Doctor Who
Missing Episodes Discussion Group, because why not live in hope ?

If you prefer groups where Whittaker and Chibnall are considered swear
words, or even where the belief that Who ended in 1989 holds sway, those
are out there as well.

A handful of other posters do still exist here and if you killfile the
three idiots listed above you’ll find this newsgroup a far quieter but more
agreeable experience - although regrettably many of the remaining posts are
still responses to those three.
This space intentionally left blank
The Doctor
2020-05-23 14:02:39 UTC
Post by Michael Forbes
[...]
so what is your reason for defending the curse that is DW right now,
namely Chibanll and Whittaker?
Timothy Bruening
2020-05-23 14:57:20 UTC
The same places as flowers, young women, and their boyfriends?
The Doctor
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The Coca Cola Kid
2020-05-23 16:21:26 UTC
Post by Michael Forbes
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who
used to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
I am still here, although only occasionally. I do not spend as much time
posting online as I used to, since I have a life now. :-)

Also, there is not really much worth discussing about Doctor Who, these
days. At least during the Wilderness Years we had a series of ongoing
novels that we could discuss and pick apart.
The Doctor
2020-05-24 00:55:28 UTC
Post by The Coca Cola Kid
Post by Michael Forbes
Hello. It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group. I see
one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters who
used to hang out here are gone. Where are they now?
I am still here, although only occasionally. I do not spend as much time
posting online as I used to, since I have a life now. :-)
Also, there is not really much worth discussing about Doctor Who, these
days. At least during the Wilderness Years we had a series of ongoing
novels that we could discuss and pick apart.
Now we have Chibnall to tear apart.
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The True Doctor
2020-05-23 17:03:09 UTC
Hello.  It's been a number of years since I dropped by this group.  I
see one or two familiar names, but it looks most of the regular posters
who used to hang out here are gone.  Where are they now?
Tim Bruening keeps spamming the group with thousands totally
irreverential number and letter posts every month and Yads keeps
replying to everyone of them creating even more spam so most people have
left or killfiled them both. On top of that Chris Chibnall destroyed the
entire franchise with his sexist and racist woke propaganda which
culminated in The Timeless Children where the Time Lords were founded by
a woman who repeatedly murdered her own adopted child, who started off
as a baby black girl, went through every race and gender on this planet,
and turned out to be the Doctor before Hartnell and yet another
manifestation of Chibnall's own issues with being abused as a child and
an attempt to apologise for the Doctor being a man for over 50 years and
Doctor Who being too white in a country where the vast majority of the
population is of European decent. This sick sexist and racist cunt
should never have been considered for the position of Doctor Who
showrunner let alone given the job. Thanks to Chibnall the fandom has
been torn apart and the majority don't give a fuck about Doctor Who any
more and will no longer supported as illustrated by total collapse of
sales of Doctor Who merchandise, audio drams, DVDs/Blu-Rays, novels, and
the closure of Paradox Island the main Doctor Who themed sim on Second Life.
--
The True Doctor

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner
Adam H. Kerman
2020-05-23 17:37:56 UTC
Post by The True Doctor
Tim Bruening keeps spamming the group with thousands totally
irreverential number and letter posts every month and Yads keeps
replying to everyone of them creating even more spam so most people have
left or killfiled them both. . . .
Wrong again, Aggie. It's not the two of them who drove people away. You
just admitted above that they're easy enough to kill file.

The regulars who are not Tim Bruening nor Yads changed the main topic of
discussion to troll feeding the two of them, refusing to post anything
about Doctor Who. That's what killed the newsgroup: Utter lack of Doctor
Who discussion.

The O.P. who started this thread, similarly, had no interest in
discussing Doctor Who, like this group's regulars.

Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
Michael Forbes
2020-05-23 18:56:59 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The O.P. who started this thread, similarly, had no interest in
discussing Doctor Who, like this group's regulars.
I'm mostly a lurker, but I've participated in plenty of Doctor Who
discussions here in the past. It was probably before your time.
You sound like a regular poster here.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-05-23 19:49:21 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
You sound like a regular poster here.
And you sound like someone who truly has no interest in discussing
Doctor Who. My observation stands.

My subscription in this group is entirely due to Yads' crossposting, so
it's just easier to junk the discussion (of anything that's not Doctor
Who) here so I don't see it in the newsgroups I actually do read.
The Doctor
2020-05-24 01:08:06 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
You sound like a regular poster here.
And you sound like someone who truly has no interest in discussing
Doctor Who. My observation stands.
My subscription in this group is entirely due to Yads' crossposting, so
it's just easier to junk the discussion (of anything that's not Doctor
Who) here so I don't see it in the newsgroups I actually do read.
Egads! Someone is having a bad day.
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The Doctor
2020-05-24 01:05:26 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
You sound like a regular poster here.
LOL! Nice to meet you two.
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
Tim Bruening
I sometimes discuss Doctor Who.
The Doctor
2020-05-24 01:05:50 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by The True Doctor
Tim Bruening keeps spamming the group with thousands totally
irreverential number and letter posts every month and Yads keeps
replying to everyone of them creating even more spam so most people have
left or killfiled them both. . . .
Wrong again, Aggie. It's not the two of them who drove people away. You
just admitted above that they're easy enough to kill file.
The regulars who are not Tim Bruening nor Yads changed the main topic of
discussion to troll feeding the two of them, refusing to post anything
about Doctor Who. That's what killed the newsgroup: Utter lack of Doctor
Who discussion.
I sometimes discuss Doctor Who.
But you spamtroll most of the time, unwantedly!
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The Doctor
With experts such as these, who hath need of fools? -unknown
The True Doctor
2020-05-24 02:57:13 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by The True Doctor
Tim Bruening keeps spamming the group with thousands totally
irreverential number and letter posts every month and Yads keeps
I mean irrelevant.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by The True Doctor
replying to everyone of them creating even more spam so most people have
left or killfiled them both. . . .
Wrong again, Aggie. It's not the two of them who drove people away. You
just admitted above that they're easy enough to kill file.
New people wouldn't know how to killfile them and even people returning
would think there was no one posting in the group apart from them
spamming each other.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The regulars who are not Tim Bruening nor Yads changed the main topic of
discussion to troll feeding the two of them, refusing to post anything
about Doctor Who. That's what killed the newsgroup: Utter lack of Doctor
Who discussion.
You mean other trolls like Idlehands not the regulars apart from them.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The O.P. who started this thread, similarly, had no interest in
discussing Doctor Who, like this group's regulars.
Of course he didn't. There's no Doctor Who left to discuss. Chibnall
totally destroyed it.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.

stands for." -William Shatner
The Coca Cola Kid
2020-05-24 09:00:39 UTC
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Now, now, just because someone comes into a newsgroup and says 'you are all
terrible people', it does not mean that they are trolling.

It often does not end well for that person, however...
Mike M
2020-05-24 09:30:47 UTC
Post by The Coca Cola Kid
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Now, now, just because someone comes into a newsgroup and says 'you are all
terrible people', it does not mean that they are trolling.
It often does not end well for that person, however...
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.
This space intentionally left blank
s***@gmail.com
2020-05-24 09:50:05 UTC
Post by Mike M
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.

Aggy's just bizarre. He's virtually a stereotype. I don't know whether he's serious half the time or just taking the piss.

Tim's not a troll, but he's got no self control. He's also autistic so even when he thinks he's on topic his posts are a bit simplistic and rather obsessive.

Yads is a little boy in an adult's body. He's inbetween Aggy and Tim. He posts obsessively but tries to wind people up in a way Tim doesn't. And he has his own language, which generally means his posts are doubly meaningless.

The 3 of them really need a newsgroup just for them...
Mike M
2020-05-24 10:17:04 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by Mike M
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.
Aggy's just bizarre. He's virtually a stereotype. I don't know whether
he's serious half the time or just taking the piss.
Tim's not a troll, but he's got no self control. He's also autistic so
even when he thinks he's on topic his posts are a bit simplistic and rather obsessive.
Yads is a little boy in an adult's body. He's inbetween Aggy and Tim. He
posts obsessively but tries to wind people up in a way Tim doesn't. And
he has his own language, which generally means his posts are doubly meaningless.
The 3 of them really need a newsgroup just for them...
Unfortunately they’ve basically got one, and it’s this one.
This space intentionally left blank
The Doctor
2020-05-24 12:46:08 UTC
Post by Mike M
The 3 of them really need a newsgroup just for them...
Unfortunately they’ve basically got one, and it’s this one.
And Time for Tim to leave for good.
Post by s***@gmail.com
--
This space intentionally left blank
Would that they were as offended by lies as they are by truth. -unknown
The Doctor
2020-05-24 12:45:41 UTC
Post by Mike M
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.
Aggy's just bizarre. He's virtually a stereotype. I don't know whether
he's serious half the time or just taking the piss.
Tim's not a troll, but he's got no self control. He's also autistic so
even when he thinks he's on topic his posts are a bit simplistic and
rather obsessive.
Yads is a little boy in an adult's body. He's inbetween Aggy and Tim. He
posts obsessively but tries to wind people up in a way Tim doesn't. And
he has his own language, which generally means his posts are doubly
meaningless.
The 3 of them really need a newsgroup just for them...
Lies Conceited and Dishonest Stephen Cut and Lie Wilson who spews lie after
lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after
[...]
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. -Henry David Thoreau
Would that they were as offended by lies as they are by truth. -unknown
The True Doctor
2020-05-24 19:10:55 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by Mike M
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll,
hence his offended response.
Aggy's just bizarre. He's virtually a stereotype. I don't know
Given that most of YouTube agrees with me, you are the odd one out.
Check out Heelvsbabyface, Nerdrotic, Overlord DVD, The TARDIS Zone
Official YouTube Channel, MauLer, The Critical Drinker, bowlestrek,
MechaRandom42, and even Linus Sebastian of Linus Tech Times is Fandom
Menace and has spoken out about the destruction of Star Wars by clueless
and talentless soap opera writers that don't have any idea how to write
properly, can't do characterisation, especially of female characters who
they write as men, don't understand the Hero's Journey, don't give a
toss about canon, and are hell bent on repurposing everything to suit
their disgusting sexist, racist, and anti-heterosexual extreme left wing
political agenda.

Remember that Hitler and Stalin were both socialists and it is socialism
that results in gulags and concentration camps because socialists can't
stand anyone that thinks or acts differently. In opposition to this
right wing capitalists will let everyone think and speak freely and let
the market or environment decide who lives and who dies, they just won't
offer the weakest any extra support; extreme socialists always opt for
extermination of the strongest or their foes and opponents rather than
letting nature decide.

The raving lunatic SJWs like Chibnall haven't given up on Hitler's
philosophy and programme of eugenics either, except they've repurposed
it to bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator by
constricting the advancement of people based on their race, gender, and
sexuality especially if they are white, male, and heterosexual. Hitler
decided to exterminate the Jews because he could not stand their
privilege, and SJWs have exactly the same philosophy, the only
difference is that today it's white privilege and education that they
detest. Just look at how Chibnall exterminated the Time Lords and turned
the Doctor into a baby black girl that was repeatedly murdered by its
mother because he deemed them too educated and privileged, and the
Doctor Who too white and male for his warped socialist fantasy.

Chibnall wants to create George Orwell's Ingsoc from '1984'.
Post by Mike M
whether he's serious half the time or just taking the piss.
Tim's not a troll, but he's got no self control. He's also autistic
Tim is a spammer. You are a troll. The difference is that Tim doesn't
attack other individual posters.
Post by Mike M
so even when he thinks he's on topic his posts are a bit simplistic
and rather obsessive.
Yads is a little boy in an adult's body. He's inbetween Aggy and Tim.
Yads is a another spammer but at least before he decided to reply to all
of Tim's number and letter spam and therefore double it he tried to be
on topic. Both of them have OCD.
Post by Mike M
He posts obsessively but tries to wind people up in a way Tim
doesn't. And he has his own language, which generally means his posts
are doubly meaningless.
The 3 of them really need a newsgroup just for them...
You are totally deranged because you can't tolerate anyone with a
different political opinion from yourself, just like all SJWs and left
wing bigots.

stands for." -William Shatner
The Doctor
2020-05-25 00:56:39 UTC
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Mike M
[...]
Lying Wilson caught agin. He would refuse too quote any of this
because he was caught lying yet again.
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Mike M
whether he's serious half the time or just taking the piss.
Tim's not a troll, but he's got no self control. He's also autistic
Tim is a spammer. You are a troll. The difference is that Tim doesn't
attack other individual posters.
Wilson endorsers the abusive troll Bruening.
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Mike M
so even when he thinks he's on topic his posts are a bit simplistic
and rather obsessive.
Yads is a little boy in an adult's body. He's inbetween Aggy and Tim.
Yads is a another spammer but at least before he decided to reply to all
of Tim's number and letter spam and therefore double it he tried to be
on topic. Both of them have OCD.
I take on bullies like Wilson and Bruening.
% is correct about Bruening being mentally unstable.
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Mike M
He posts obsessively but tries to wind people up in a way Tim
doesn't. And he has his own language, which generally means his posts
are doubly meaningless.
The 3 of them really need a newsgroup just for them...
You are totally deranged because you can't tolerate anyone with a
different political opinion from yourself, just like all SJWs and left
wing bigots.
Wilson is a lying wing nut.
The Doctor
2020-05-24 12:44:44 UTC
Post by The Coca Cola Kid
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Now, now, just because someone comes into a newsgroup and says 'you are all
terrible people', it does not mean that they are trolling.
It often does not end well for that person, however...
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.
TRoll off Troll Mike!
The True Doctor
2020-05-24 18:28:29 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by The Coca Cola Kid
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Now, now, just because someone comes into a newsgroup and says 'you are all
terrible people', it does not mean that they are trolling.
It often does not end well for that person, however...
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.
You mean you're the troll. All you ever do is attack other people
because they don't agree with your sexist and racist woke propaganda and
hypocritical virtue signalling.

stands for." -William Shatner
The Doctor
2020-05-24 18:53:42 UTC
Post by The True Doctor
Post by The Coca Cola Kid
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Now, now, just because someone comes into a newsgroup and says 'you are all
terrible people', it does not mean that they are trolling.
It often does not end well for that person, however...
I like to think I’m not a terrible person, though Adam’s opinion on the
subject has no weight with me. Aggy is, though, and he is a troll, hence
his offended response.
You mean you're the troll. All you ever do is attack other people
because they don't agree with your sexist and racist woke propaganda and
hypocritical virtue signalling.
Mike is a bishop in the Church of Chris Chibnall.
The Doctor
2020-05-24 12:41:18 UTC
Post by The Coca Cola Kid
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Now, now, just because someone comes into a newsgroup and says 'you are all
terrible people', it does not mean that they are trolling.
It often does not end well for that person, however...
Welcome to the culture of usenet.
Would that they were as offended by lies as they are by truth. -unknown
The Doctor
2020-05-24 12:38:16 UTC
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by The True Doctor
Tim Bruening keeps spamming the group with thousands totally
irreverential number and letter posts every month and Yads keeps
I mean irrelevant.
Spellcheckers.
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by The True Doctor
replying to everyone of them creating even more spam so most people have
left or killfiled them both. . . .
Wrong again, Aggie. It's not the two of them who drove people away. You
just admitted above that they're easy enough to kill file.
New people wouldn't know how to killfile them and even people returning
would think there was no one posting in the group apart from them
spamming each other.
To rid ourselves of Tim Bruening first.
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The regulars who are not Tim Bruening nor Yads changed the main topic of
discussion to troll feeding the two of them, refusing to post anything
about Doctor Who. That's what killed the newsgroup: Utter lack of Doctor
Who discussion.
You mean other trolls like Idlehands not the regulars apart from them.
Exactly!
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The O.P. who started this thread, similarly, had no interest in
discussing Doctor Who, like this group's regulars.
Of course he didn't. There's no Doctor Who left to discuss. Chibnall
totally destroyed it.
And still is while in office! Chibnall must be stopped.
Post by The True Doctor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Really, you're all just truly terrible people.
And here you go trolling again.
Oh! Dear!!
The Doctor
2020-05-24 01:00:55 UTC
Post by The True Doctor
[...]
been torn apart and the majority don't give a f*k about Doctor Who any
more and will no longer supported as illustrated by total collapse of
sales of Doctor Who merchandise, audio drams, DVDs/Blu-Rays, novels, and
the closure of Paradox Island the main Doctor Who themed sim on Second Life.
Chibnall and Whittaker are destroying DW!