Ash Wednesday OT
2017-03-01 19:34:36 UTC
Today is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent! Lent was actually mentioned in a Doctor Who episode a few years ago!

Lent was a Christian tradition. When the Fat One was sent for his conversion tutorial for the Order of the Headless, he asked the headless monks if they had Lent, as he wasn't good at giving things up, just before they took his head. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
The Doctor
2017-03-01 22:24:14 UTC
Today is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent! Lent was actually mentioned in
a Doctor Who episode a few years ago!
Lent was a Christian tradition. When the Fat One was sent for his
conversion tutorial for the Order of the Headless, he asked the headless
monks if they had Lent, as he wasn't good at giving things up, just before
they took his head. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
Junking up the group again!!

Mind you The 2 Doctors was suppose to take place in New Orleans.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
God is dead! Yahweh lives! Jesus his only begotten Son is the Risen Saviour!!
Timothy Bruening
2019-03-06 17:49:26 UTC
Happy Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent! Lent was actually mentioned in a Doctor Who episode a few years ago!

roach
2019-03-06 17:57:33 UTC
i thought that said the start of lentil
roach
2019-03-06 17:57:54 UTC
jacobian holiday of beans
The Doctor
2019-03-06 20:18:45 UTC
Happy Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent! Lent was actually mentioned in
a Doctor Who episode a few years ago!
Lent was a Christian tradition. When the Fat One was sent for his
conversion tutorial for the Order of the Headless, he asked the headless
monks if they had Lent, as he wasn't good at giving things up, just
before they took his head. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
REally it is a pagan tradition that has no place in pure Christianity.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann
e***@hotmail.com
2019-03-07 03:28:59 UTC
(Quote)
REally it is a pagan tradition that has no place in pure Christianity.
--
(End Quote)

Most of Easter is actually Pagan Spring festivals. Most of Christmas is actually Pagan Winter Equinox Festivals. If the Church didn't want these things in its "pure Christianity," it shouldn't have incorporated them!
Timothy Bruening
So we have evidence of early Christianity being contaminated by pagans as Yads & Aggy have alleged?
Daniel60
2019-03-07 09:18:10 UTC
(Quote) REally it is a pagan tradition that has no place in pure
Christianity. -- (End Quote)
Most of Easter is actually Pagan Spring festivals. Most of
Christmas is actually Pagan Winter Equinox Festivals. If the Church
didn't want these things in its "pure Christianity," it shouldn't
have incorporated them!
So we have evidence of early Christianity being contaminated by
pagans as Yads & Aggy have alleged?
Tim, what are converts to *ANY* religion *BEFORE* they convert to that
new religion??

If a person becomes a Jew, before that conversion, I'm guessing
(current) Jews would have called them a pagan!

If a person becomes a Hindu, before that conversion, I'm guessing
(current) Hindu's would have called them a pagan (or equivalent)!

If a person becomes a Moslem, before that conversion, I'm guessing
(current) Moslem's would have called them a pagan/infideals (or equivalent)!

Etc!! Etc!!

Tim, don't fall into the idiots ways!!
2019-03-07 13:06:20 UTC
[...]
Explain why Cathlics call Mary the Mother of God?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann
s***@gmail.com
2019-03-07 13:29:51 UTC
Explain why Cathlics call Mary the Mother of God?
No. Not wasting my time. You're too thick to understand.
The Doctor
2019-03-07 13:41:49 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by The Doctor
Explain why Cathlics call Mary the Mother of God?
No. Not wasting my time. You're too thick to understand.
You cannot give an honest answer!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann
s***@gmail.com
2019-03-07 22:18:04 UTC
Here's an honest answer for you: you're a moron.
The Doctor
2019-03-07 22:28:10 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by The Doctor
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by The Doctor
Explain why Cathlics call Mary the Mother of God?
No. Not wasting my time. You're too thick to understand.
You cannot give an honest answer!
Here's an honest answer for you: you're a moron.
Idlehands taught you well to be aliar and a self-deluded one SW!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann
Idlehands
2019-03-07 13:40:23 UTC
[...]
I have no idea what or who "Cathlics" are but Catholics call her that
because of the Trinity. You know about the Trinity don't you binky,
being that "pure" Christian you claim to be?
--
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Idlehands
2019-03-07 13:38:51 UTC
[...]
Binky fails to include that "Easter" is mentioned in his most revered
Bible, the only "correct" Bible, his precious KJV version.

Not sure why he always skips over that part?
--
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
e***@hotmail.com
2019-03-07 09:35:21 UTC

Other way around. In order to keep their converts, early Christianity adopted pagan celebrations and reinterpreted them as "Christian!"
The Doctor
2019-03-07 13:07:18 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
(Quote)
So we have evidence of early Christianity being contaminated by pagans
as Yads & Aggy have alleged?
(End Quote)
Other way around. In order to keep their converts, early Christianity
adopted pagan celebrations and reinterpreted them as "Christian!"
Quote - end of quote!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann
The Doctor
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann
The Doctor
2019-03-07 12:48:50 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
(Quote)
REally it is a pagan tradition that has no place in pure Christianity.
--
(End Quote)
Most of Easter is actually Pagan Spring festivals. Most of Christmas is
actually Pagan Winter Equinox Festivals. If the Church didn't want these
things in its "pure Christianity," it shouldn't have incorporated them!
You got my point!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. -Walter Lippmann