The TARDIS' Key's
2018-06-02 14:22:02 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...

It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.

So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Clara tossing out the keys was just a dream.
The Doctor
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -Elbert Hubbard
Timothy Bruening
I have seen River Song & Doctor snap their fingers to open the doors!
Wouter Valentijn
2018-06-03 11:47:52 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Clara tossing out the keys was just a dream.
True.
I have seen River Song & Doctor snap their fingers to open the doors!
But I don't think just anybody can do that. Only those with a special
connection to her.
--
Wouter Valentijn www.j3v.net

http://www.zeppodunsel.nl/tijdlijnen-timelines.html

liam=mail
The Doctor
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -Elbert Hubbard
Daniel60
2018-06-03 12:13:36 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Clara tossing out the keys was just a dream.
That has nothing to do with the question I actually asked, Tim!!
The Other Doctor
2018-06-03 14:46:46 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Clara tossing out the keys was just a dream.
That has nothing to do with the question I actually asked, Tim!!
I think it does. Clara collected the TARDIS keys in a dream. She tossed them
into a lava stream in a dream. They opened the TARDIS by clicking their
fingers in a dream.

The generally accepted idea is that only a key will open the TARDIS.
However, the key will only work if operated by an authorised person.

Although this varies. So you could assume that when the key works for
someone not authorised, it's due to a fault in the TARDIS. Or else you could
assume the TARDIS decides for itself who can use the key and who can't.

And sometimes the TARDIS appears to lock its doors automatically, and at
other times it has to be locked manually.
Tim Bruening
2018-07-08 03:04:45 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
[...]
I seem to remember the Doctor waking Clara up from her dream, where she discovered that she had never left the TARDIS! Leaving the TARDIS was just a dream! But they didn't reenter the TARDIS in the dream.

Keys on console room floor.
Wouter Valentijn
2018-07-08 11:25:37 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
[...]
If something is just a dream, reentering the TARDIS isn't an issue.
--
Wouter Valentijn

"We are the gift from our ancestors to the world that we borrow from
future generations, so, however, whatever, whichever, whenever, wherever
or whoever we are, we better be at our best."

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

liam=mail
Timothy Bruening
I was rebutting the claim that Clara & Doctor reentered the TARDIS in the dream.
The Doctor
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
The Doctor
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
The Doctor
Timothy Bruening
End of The Ghost Monument: TARDIS lets Doctor in without key!
The Doctor
Alberta on 16 April 2019, do not vote UCP, FCP nor NDP!
s***@gmail.com
2019-04-15 15:49:03 UTC
End of The Ghost Monument: TARDIS lets Doctor in without key!
So?
Timothy Bruening
2019-04-15 20:52:55 UTC
An example of a TARDIS key oddity.
Daniel60
2019-04-16 09:42:00 UTC
End of The Ghost Monument: TARDIS lets Doctor in without key!
So?
An example of a TARDIS key oddity.
Key-less Car Entry is becoming more and more common, now-a-days, so why
not Key-less TARDIS Entry, Tim??
2018-06-02 20:57:39 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Good nit.. Let's keep that in mind.
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -Elbert Hubbard
Daniel60
2018-06-03 12:14:28 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Good nit.. Let's keep that in mind.
Not a nit, idiot!! I'm trying to find something out!!
2018-06-03 13:45:59 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Good nit.. Let's keep that in mind.
Not a nit, idiot!! I'm trying to find something out!!
IT is. Consistency is non-existant.
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -Elbert Hubbard
The Other Doctor
2018-06-03 14:28:49 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
So I ask the question ... Does one actually need a key to open The
TARDIS' door ... or is the handing over of the key merely a symbol of
that person having the authority to open The TARDIS, in much the same
way as a worthy person may, now-a-days, be given the "keys" to a City??
Good nit.. Let's keep that in mind.
Not a nit, idiot!! I'm trying to find something out!!
IT is. Consistency is non-existant.
So Information Technology is. That's a bit of a random statement, even for
you. What is existant? Is that your way of saying you're inconsistent?
Timothy Bruening
2018-06-03 13:06:40 UTC
Still reading old posts and, today, in a thread "Doctor Who S08E11 Dark
Water REview", the topic of The TARDIS' key has come up ... which has
got me thinking ...
It's also mentioned in that thread that that Clara has collected all the
know TARDIS' keys and thrown them into a lava stream .... but still both
she and The Doctor are able to get into The TARDIS ... indeed by simply
clicking their fingers.
Clara & the Doctor had never left the TARDIS on that occasion. The Doctor had drugged her into a dream state to find out how far she would push her threats to lock them both out of the TARDIS in her effort to get him to unhappen Danny Pink's death! The Doctor then woke Clara up, & she saw that they were both in the TARDIS, & the keys were on the floor!