Clarkson censured for 'bit gay' car gibe
Add Reply
Agamemnon
2007-05-22 04:03:48 UTC
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman inviting
Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse and bend over for some more
on the Jonathan Ross show, as if that is not offensive to Christians,
Muslims, Jews and the majority of the public who consider anal sex to be
perverted, but not this.

May 21, 2007

Clarkson censured for 'bit gay' car gibe
Sunday Times columnist Jeremy Clarkson is well known for his forthright
Nico Hines and agencies
Jeremy Clarkson, friend of the motorist and avowed enemy of political
correctness, was criticised this morning for labelling a car "a bit gay" on
television.

Clarkson was unimpressed by the Daihatsu Copen, last year. He asked a member
of the studio audience on the BBC's Top Gear programme whether he would
consider buying one. The man replied, "No, it's a bit gay" and Clarkson
added, "A bit gay, yes, very ginger beer."

Ofcom, the media watchdog, ruled this morning that there was "no
justification" for the comment.

The watchdog turned to the Oxford English Dictionary and agreed that "gay"
can be used to mean "foolish, stupid and socially inappropriate, or
disapproved of and lame". However, it ruled that in conjunction with "ginger
beer", Cockney rhyming slang for queer, Clarkson intended to criticise the
car by describing it as homosexual.

In Top Gear Magazine the review of the Daihatsu described it as a "cutie
with a folding metal roof, aimed at those with a collection of sunglasses
and co-ordinating handbags".

Ofcom said: "In this edition of Top Gear, the presenter's use of a Cockney
rhyming phrase made clear he intended to give a particular meaning to use of
the word 'gay'. This, in Ofcom's opinion, meant that the use of the word
became capable of giving offence. In the context, there was no justification
for using the word in this way."

Stonewall, the gay rights group, welcomed the decision. "We're glad to see
that Ofcom has censured Jeremy Clarkson for the use of the word gay, in what
was clearly meant in a derogatory way. Clarkson should remember in future
that he is a presenter on publicly-funded TV before making such comments and
therefore should uphold certain standards of behaviour," said Vicky Powell,
a spokeswoman.

The watchdog will take no further action as the BBC has already upheld
complaints made directly to the corporation and warned the programme's
production team not to repeat the offence.

"There was no doubt that it was being used in the sense of 'homosexual' and
was capable of giving offence," said Fraser Steel, the BBC head of editorial
complaints.

Clarkson is reported to have responded: "It wasn't a gay car - it was
actually a bit lesbian."

The BBC had stood by Clarkson in February 2006 when Stonewall released a
report accusing the Top Gear presenter of making derogatory or offensive
references to homosexuality.

In December 2005 Clarkson was accused of offending Germans by mocking the
Mini for its new owners, BMW, on Top Gear.

He suggested the car be redesigned to be quintessentially German. "Give it
trafficators that go like that," he said, flapping his arm up and down in
Nazi-style to mimic old-fashioned car indicators. He suggested the car
should also be fitted with an "A satellite navigation system that only goes
to Poland."

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/article1819207.ece
the dog from that film you saw
2007-05-22 06:36:27 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman inviting
Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse and bend over for some
more on the Jonathan Ross show, as if that is not offensive to Christians,
Muslims, Jews and the majority of the public who consider anal sex to be
perverted, but not this.
go kiss a vicar church boy.
--
Gareth.

That fly... is your magic wand.
http://www.last.fm/user/dsbmusic/
hulahoop
2007-05-22 09:16:31 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Just out of interest how would you prefer homosexuality to be
discussed on screen? Based on what I have seen you write I would
supect it is either:
a) Not at all (the Queen Victoria approach to lesbianism perhaps?)
or
b) Like Lukewarm in Porridge, non-threateningm knowing his place in
society

I imagine you sitting at your computer, puce in the face going into
incendiary overdrive at the breaking down of society by "these
homosexual deviants" (I am parphrasing how I think you might describe
them!).

I don't know whether to think of you as a troll or to feel sorry for
you, probably both

Regards

Agamemnon
2007-05-22 09:27:45 UTC
Post by hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman inviting
Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse and bend over for some more
on the Jonathan Ross show, as if that is not offensive to Christians,
Muslims, Jews and the majority of the public who consider anal sex to be
perverted, but not this.
May 21, 2007
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/article18...
Just out of interest how would you prefer homosexuality to be
discussed on screen? Based on what I have seen you write I would
a) Not at all (the Queen Victoria approach to lesbianism perhaps?)
or
Preferably not at all. If it has to be discussed it should be done on a
scientific basis.
Post by hulahoop
b) Like Lukewarm in Porridge, non-threateningm knowing his place in
society
I imagine you sitting at your computer, puce in the face going into
incendiary overdrive at the breaking down of society by "these
homosexual deviants" (I am parphrasing how I think you might describe
them!).
No. They are idiogenogamotics, people who fuck the same sex as themselves.
It is no different to fucking farm animals or your pets. It is a form of
deviant masturbation like self strangulation and should not be encouraged or
condoned. The people who engage in it should be exposed for what they are,
abnormal and in need of psychiatric treatment and therapy to overcome their
urges.
Dave Plowman (News)
2007-05-22 09:54:34 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
No. They are idiogenogamotics, people who fuck the same sex as
themselves. It is no different to fucking farm animals or your pets. It
is a form of deviant masturbation like self strangulation and should
not be encouraged or condoned. The people who engage in it should be
exposed for what they are, abnormal and in need of psychiatric
treatment and therapy to overcome their urges.
Crikey. Did that come from you or your therapist? If the latter get him to
increase your medication.
--
*Dance like nobody's watching.

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Halmyre
2007-05-22 10:12:39 UTC
In article <***@davenoise.co.uk>, ***@davenoise.co.uk
says...
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Agamemnon
No. They are idiogenogamotics, people who fuck the same sex as
themselves. It is no different to fucking farm animals or your pets. It
is a form of deviant masturbation like self strangulation and should
not be encouraged or condoned. The people who engage in it should be
exposed for what they are, abnormal and in need of psychiatric
treatment and therapy to overcome their urges.
Crikey. Did that come from you or your therapist? If the latter get him to
increase your medication.
No, no - applying some radius 0.7698795 Gaussian blur will fix the
problem.
Halmyre
jmac
2007-05-22 10:53:43 UTC
As a rusty old Classics student I am trying to work out
idiogenogamotics.Is it just a made word ?I can't be arsed working it
out by myself.Also diogenogamosis -is that the opposite? I can see
gamosis means
reproduction but does idio mean similar-like homo?
Marnok.com
2007-05-22 11:58:31 UTC
Post by jmac
As a rusty old Classics student I am trying to work out
idiogenogamotics.Is it just a made word ?I can't be arsed working it
out by myself.Also diogenogamosis -is that the opposite? I can see
gamosis means
reproduction but does idio mean similar-like homo?
It's basically a killfilter word, a made-up word which means you can ignore
the post.
Agamemnon
It means pertaining to self.
marc_CH
2007-05-22 16:35:05 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by jmac
As a rusty old Classics student I am trying to work out
idiogenogamotics.Is it just a made word ?I can't be arsed working it
out by myself.Also diogenogamosis -is that the opposite? I can see
gamosis means
reproduction but does idio mean similar-like homo?
It means pertaining to self.
Fascinating. Where did you learn this word from if you didn't just make
it up?
--
marc

"There are no such things as witches, and homosexuality is a choice of
how to masturbate. -- Aggy"
marc_CH
2007-05-22 16:34:24 UTC
Post by jmac
As a rusty old Classics student I am trying to work out
idiogenogamotics.Is it just a made word ?I can't be arsed working it
out by myself.Also diogenogamosis -is that the opposite? I can see
gamosis means
reproduction but does idio mean similar-like homo?
It's a made up word, just like all his made up nonsense. Google for the
word and all you'll find are posts from or in response to Aggy.

how to masturbate. -- Aggy"
Azaxyr
2007-05-22 15:34:37 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
No. They are idiogenogamotics,
That's not even a real word, you fucking retard.
Post by Agamemnon
people who fuck the same sex as
themselves. It is no different to fucking farm animals or your pets. It
is a form of deviant masturbation like self strangulation and should not
be encouraged or condoned. The people who engage in it should be exposed
for what they are, abnormal and in need of psychiatric treatment and
therapy to overcome their urges.
It's quite different from fucking animals, but still abnormal and
deviant. Our society is much too accepting of it.
Bill Wright
2007-05-22 16:27:51 UTC
Post by Azaxyr
It's quite different from fucking animals
Are you speaking from experience?

Bill
marc_CH
2007-05-22 16:32:15 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by hulahoop
Just out of interest how would you prefer homosexuality to be
discussed on screen?
Preferably not at all.
You'd prefer it that homosexuality were not discussed on TV at all, yet
it appears to be the only subject on which you can post to Usenet. See
the small discrepancy here?
Post by Agamemnon
No. They are idiogenogamotics, people who fuck the same sex as
themselves. It is no different to fucking farm animals or your pets.
Excuse me?
Post by Agamemnon
It is a form of deviant masturbation like self strangulation and should not
be encouraged or condoned. The people who engage in it should be exposed
for what they are, abnormal and in need of psychiatric treatment and
therapy to overcome their urges.
You're gay. *Really* gay.

how to masturbate. -- Aggy"
zarbiface
2007-05-22 11:04:05 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman inviting
Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse
This did not happen! Only in your mind, because you're a frustrated
repressed homosexual who sees anal sex everywhere. Just come out and
do yourself a favour. You know you want to really. No one will condemn
you (and no one will be the slightest bit surprised after all your
anal sex infatuated posts).

Just be a big man and be honest to yourself.
Geoff Winkless
2007-05-22 12:37:11 UTC
Post by zarbiface
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman inviting
Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse
This did not happen!
Err, yes it did. Did you _watch_ the show?

Yes, it was said in jest, but then, so was Clarkson's comment.

Geoff
Diane L.
2007-05-22 14:20:51 UTC
Post by Geoff Winkless
Post by zarbiface
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman
inviting Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse
This did not happen!
Err, yes it did. Did you _watch_ the show?
I watched the show, and I didn't see it! I saw Barrowman offer to let
that crazy American woman spank him after he'd said something
bitchy about her, but I must have blinked and missed it when he
'invited Andrew Lloyd Webber to shove his cock up his arse'. I just
assumed it was another of Aggie's homosexual fantatasies.
Post by Geoff Winkless
Yes, it was said in jest, but then, so was Clarkson's comment.
It's a lot of fuss about nothing (the Clarkson thing) if you ask me.
It's not like anyone takes anything Clarkson says seriously.
Expecting him to be politically correct is like expecting Ken Dodd
to be Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Diane L.
zarbiface
2007-05-22 16:24:52 UTC
Post by Diane L.
Post by Geoff Winkless
Post by zarbiface
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman
inviting Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse
This did not happen!
Err, yes it did. Did you _watch_ the show?
I watched the show, and I didn't see it! I saw Barrowman offer to let
that crazy American woman spank him after he'd said something
bitchy about her, but I must have blinked and missed it when he
'invited Andrew Lloyd Webber to shove his cock up his arse'. I just
assumed it was another of Aggie's homosexual fantatasies.
Exactly. Aggy, Geoff, you imagined you saw and heard Barrowman invite
Lloyd Webber to bugger him, ok? It didn't happen.
zarbiface

Ian Salsbury
2007-05-22 15:52:10 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Fucking loonies. So its perfectly alright to have John Barrowman inviting
Andrew Lloyd Weber to shove his cock up his arse and bend over for some
more on the Jonathan Ross show, as if that is not offensive to Christians,
Muslims, Jews and the majority of the public who consider anal sex to be
perverted, but not this.
*snipped*

The difference here is Clarkson was using the word "gay" in a derogatory
fashion whereas in Who and on the Ross show homosexuality has been used to
promote tolerance and in the interviewing of a gay man respectively.