What happened to ...... ?
2018-10-10 06:50:01 UTC
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9

In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.

We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!

Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??

The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances). That will answer all your questions...
Daniel60
2018-10-10 13:16:36 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" ....
"Well, you have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
O.K., thanks for that, Stephen, but the ABC is just playing random
episodes, e.g., tomorrow they are showing "The Eleventh Hour" followed
by "Dalek" and then "Rose"!!

Will have to keep my eye out for "The Doctor Dances"!
2018-10-10 14:22:47 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances). That
will answer all your questions...
I beleive you are responding to Daniel is Aus..
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Daniel60
2018-10-11 12:15:28 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances). That
will answer all your questions...
I beleive you are responding to Daniel is Aus..
And that's probably what Stephen thought as well, idiot!!

So what, idiot??
2018-10-12 10:28:03 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well,
you have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching it as I
type!!
Siri Cruise
2018-10-12 11:14:46 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well,
you have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching it as I
type!!
I liked the ending. For once everyone lives. Even Capn Jack.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
s***@gmail.com
2018-10-12 12:05:18 UTC
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching it as I
type!!
^I liked the ending. For once everyone lives. Even Capn Jack.

I think this was one of the most iconic stories of the Eccleston era.

I assume everyone picked up that "dance" is being used as a euphemism (other than Yads if course)...
Daniel60
2018-10-12 12:54:55 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor
Dances). That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching
it as I type!!
^I liked the ending. For once everyone lives. Even Capn Jack.
I think this was one of the most iconic stories of the Eccleston era.
I assume everyone picked up that "dance" is being used as a euphemism
(other than Yads if course)...
But The Doctor *DID* dance!!
Depending on how literal you want to be. Seeing him "dance" was a metaphor for a slightly different kind of activity.
The Doctor
2018-10-12 14:35:33 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
Post by s***@gmail.com
I think this was one of the most iconic stories of the Eccleston era.
I assume everyone picked up that "dance" is being used as a euphemism
(other than Yads if course)...
But The Doctor *DID* dance!!
Depending on how literal you want to be. Seeing him "dance" was a
metaphor for a slightly different kind of activity.
With Rose at the end.
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Daniel60
2018-10-13 12:30:52 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
Post by s***@gmail.com
I think this was one of the most iconic stories of the Eccleston era.
I assume everyone picked up that "dance" is being used as a euphemism
(other than Yads if course)...
But The Doctor *DID* dance!!
Depending on how literal you want to be. Seeing him "dance" was a metaphor for a slightly different kind of activity.
Not for me!! Jack was dancing with Rose, to Big Band music, and then
Rose tried to get The Doctor to dance with her, but he didn't like the
style of music. But then, later, in The TARDIS, The Doctor changes the
music style, to 50's Rock'n'Roll, and calls Rose to dance with him, as
Rose is calling Jack from his craft (before it blows up) into The TARDIS.

So The Doctor is no fan of Swing but likes Rock'n'Roll!!
The Other Doctor
2018-10-13 12:46:24 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
Post by s***@gmail.com
I think this was one of the most iconic stories of the Eccleston era.
I assume everyone picked up that "dance" is being used as a euphemism
(other than Yads if course)...
But The Doctor *DID* dance!!
Depending on how literal you want to be. Seeing him "dance" was a
metaphor for a slightly different kind of activity.
Not for me!! Jack was dancing with Rose, to Big Band music, and then
Rose tried to get The Doctor to dance with her, but he didn't like the
style of music. But then, later, in The TARDIS, The Doctor changes the
music style, to 50's Rock'n'Roll, and calls Rose to dance with him, as
Rose is calling Jack from his craft (before it blows up) into The TARDIS.
So The Doctor is no fan of Swing but likes Rock'n'Roll!!
Way too literal, Dan.

Every time they say the word "dance", replace with "sex". Every time you
see them dancing, they're having sex.

Once you understand that, you'll get the other jokes and references.
Harkness and the Doctor comparing their gadgets. The Doctor saying "I've
been around a bit. I think you can assume at some point I've danced."
Rose saying "It didn't feel like dancing." The Doctor saying that Jack
is from the 51st century and is "a bit more flexible when it comes to
dancing."

And you'll see it again in Moffat's following story (Girl in the
Fireplace) when Reinette says "There comes a time when every lonely
little boy must learn to dance."

The metaphor's pretty blatant...
Timothy Bruening
However, I don't recall ever seeing any actual sex acts on DW! Although I did see Amy attempt some foreplay at the end of Flesh And Stone!
The Other Doctor
Well done, Tim.
The Doctor
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Timothy Bruening
You say that Amy is too rough in bed?
The Doctor
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Doctor
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Doctor
The Doctor
2018-10-12 14:29:13 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching it as I
type!!
^I liked the ending. For once everyone lives. Even Capn Jack.
I think this was one of the most iconic stories of the Eccleston era.
I assume everyone picked up that "dance" is being used as a euphemism
(other than Yads if course)...
Jack is introduce and mom and son are forgotten.
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Doctor
2018-10-12 14:27:45 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Daniel60
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well,
you have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching it as I
type!!
I liked the ending. For once everyone lives. Even Capn Jack.
I have no time for John Barrowman.
Daniel60
2018-10-13 12:33:09 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Daniel60
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel60
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well,
you have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"??
The Empty Child is part 1. Try watching part 2 (The Doctor Dances).
That will answer all your questions...
Yippee!! "The Doctor Dances" was shown this morning ... watching it as I
type!!
I liked the ending. For once everyone lives. Even Capn Jack.
I have no time for John Barrowman.
Oh!! And we're all disappointed with you for that, idiot, .... *NOT*
Siri Cruise
2018-10-10 07:53:37 UTC
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
He catches a bomb with it. But he can't jettison it without detonating, and it's
going to detonate anyway. He has a drink and awaits the end. The Doctor and Rose
materialise in his ship and rescue him. His ship explodes unoccupied.
Daniel60
2018-10-10 14:25:00 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Daniel60
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
He catches a bomb with it. But he can't jettison it without detonating, and it's
going to detonate anyway. He has a drink and awaits the end. The Doctor and Rose
materialise in his ship and rescue him. His ship explodes unoccupied.
Typical of the Doctor!
Timothy Bruening
2018-10-11 20:20:59 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Daniel60
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
He catches a bomb with it. But he can't jettison it without detonating, and it's
going to detonate anyway. He has a drink and awaits the end. The Doctor and Rose
materialise in his ship and rescue him. His ship explodes unoccupied.
Why couldn't an advanced Time Agency ship handle a 1940s bomb?

Jack had initially caught the bomb outside his ship with a gravity beam. Why couldn't he just hoist the bomb away from Earth & release it?
b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-10-10 09:35:13 UTC
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
I was turning on the idiot box just before 6AM a few weeks ago, it is was
jumping all over the place. Eccleston one morning, then Tennant, then
Capaldi. It seemed like a chook raffle.
Timothy Bruening
You were celebrating The 13 Days of Doctor Who, with the Doctors out of sequence.
Daniel60
2018-10-10 13:23:09 UTC
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 2:35:14 AM UTC-7,
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 2:50:08 PM UTC+8, Daniel60
Post by Daniel60
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations
of Dr Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty
Child" from new series one ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope
of a barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's
craft and then rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" ....
"Well, you have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still
tethered to "Big Ben"?? -- Daniel
I was turning on the idiot box just before 6AM a few weeks ago, it
is was jumping all over the place. Eccleston one morning, then
Tennant, then Capaldi. It seemed like a chook raffle.
You were celebrating The 13 Days of Doctor Who, with the Doctors out of sequence.
What's "The 13 Days of Doctor Who" about, Tim??
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Daniel60
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Siri Cruise
2018-10-11 18:38:02 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Daniel60
[...]
That would be Australia.
The Doctor
Daniel60
2018-10-12 12:57:18 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Daniel60
[...]
... and I am from ........??
Mars?
The Doctor
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Doctor
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Timothy Bruening
The DW marathon BBCA showed from Sept 25 to Oct 7.
The Doctor
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Doctor
2018-10-10 14:36:13 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Daniel60
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
I was turning on the idiot box just before 6AM a few weeks ago, it is was
jumping all over the place. Eccleston one morning, then Tennant, then
Capaldi. It seemed like a chook raffle.
You were celebrating The 13 Days of Doctor Who, with the Doctors out of sequence.
Sure sounds like it.
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Daniel60
2018-10-11 12:29:35 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Daniel60
[...]
Let's see now .... Bruce types "I was turning on the idiot box just
before 6AM *a few weeks ago* " (emphasis mine!!) and Tim responds with
"You were celebrating *The 13 Days* of Doctor Who" (emphasis mine!!) and
the idiot responds with "Sure sounds like it"!!

Since when does "a few weeks" equate to "The 13 Days"??

Urban Dictionary, https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=few,
defines "FEW" as "Generally means three. No less than three can be
slightly more. Three is the most common number associated with few."

Note the "No less than three ..." so "a few weeks" is well more than
thirteen days!!
2018-10-10 13:20:50 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Daniel60
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
I was turning on the idiot box just before 6AM a few weeks ago, it is was
jumping all over the place. Eccleston one morning, then Tennant, then
Capaldi. It seemed like a chook raffle.
Yeap, as I've just show in my reply to Stephen.

One could almost understand if they were to reply an episode in turn
from each Doctor in sequence, but that might be too much work!!
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Doctor
2018-10-10 14:20:05 UTC
The ABC is continuing to replay episodes from past incarnations of Dr
Who. Yesterday, one of the episodes shown was "The Empty Child" from new
series one ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ds9
In that episode, Rose falls after hanging on to the mooring rope of a
barge balloon and is caught in a beam from Captain Jack's craft and then
rescued.
We later see the craft moored in mid-air near "Big Ben" .... "Well, you
have to park it somewhere obvious"!!
Do we ever see Captain Jacks craft again?? ... or is it still tethered
to "Big Ben"??
Good run!
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox