Red TARDIS
TB
2014-11-25 01:34:24 UTC
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes that can be seen in cities?
%
2014-11-25 03:02:32 UTC
so you won't find it in your froot loops
Agamemnon
2014-11-25 03:37:39 UTC
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes
that can be seen in cities?
Because it's not a standard telephone box. You can only use it to call the
police.

It was painted pink once in Paradise Towers.
Peter J Ross
2014-11-27 16:52:04 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes
that can be seen in cities?
Because it's not a standard telephone box. You can only use it to call the
police.
It was painted pink once in Paradise Towers.
It's amusing to see that not one of the alleged Doctor Who fans in
this newsgroup has noticed your mistake.

Now that I've pointed out that you made a mistake, I wonder if any of
them can work out what it was?
--
PJR :-)
... τὸ διδάξασθαι δέ τοι
κουφότεραι γὰρ ἀπειράτων φρένες. (Pindar)
Stephen Wilson
Slight case of mixing up stories...
The Doctor
2014-11-27 20:26:52 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes
that can be seen in cities?
Because it's not a standard telephone box. You can only use it to call the
police.
It was painted pink once in Paradise Towers.
It's amusing to see that not one of the alleged Doctor Who fans in
this newsgroup has noticed your mistake.
Now that I've pointed out that you made a mistake, I wonder if any of
them can work out what it was?
Slight case of mixing up stories...
2 kooks go at it.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Merry Christmas 2014 and Happy New Year 2015
TB
Which poster make the mistake?
The Doctor
2014-11-27 20:25:03 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes
that can be seen in cities?
Because it's not a standard telephone box. You can only use it to call the
police.
It was painted pink once in Paradise Towers.
It's amusing to see that not one of the alleged Doctor Who fans in
this newsgroup has noticed your mistake.
Now that I've pointed out that you made a mistake, I wonder if any of
them can work out what it was?
It might be on Youtube.
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... τ᜞ ΎιΎάΟασΞαι Ύέ τοι
Pudentame
It was Fawlty Towers, not Paradise Towers?
The Doctor
2014-11-28 21:02:26 UTC
Post by Pudentame
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes
that can be seen in cities?
Because it's not a standard telephone box. You can only use it to call the
police.
It was painted pink once in Paradise Towers.
It's amusing to see that not one of the alleged Doctor Who fans in
this newsgroup has noticed your mistake.
Now that I've pointed out that you made a mistake, I wonder if any of
them can work out what it was?
It was Fawlty Towers, not Paradise Towers?
John Cleese as Basil Fawlty. Clue.
The Doctor
2014-11-25 15:24:16 UTC
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes that can be seen in cities?
This is a Police Box and not a Phone Box!!!
Wouter Valentijn
2014-11-25 21:23:13 UTC
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes that can be seen in cities?
This is a Police Box and not a Phone Box!!!
True. AFAIK it was used to incarcerate suspects.

Here's a good read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_box

Plus shape and color are determined by the chameleon circuit. Which is
more or less permanently stuck. The Doctor says it doesn't function
properly, but I think he also really likes the way it looks now.
--
Wouter Valentijn http://www.j3v.net

"Nothing in Hell can stop the Timberwolves"

Motto of the 104th Infantry Division (United States)

http://zeppodunsel.blogspot.nl/

liam=mail
The Doctor
Your Name
2014-11-26 00:15:20 UTC
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes
that can be seen in cities?
This is a Police Box and not a Phone Box!!!
True. AFAIK it was used to incarcerate suspects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_box
Plus shape and color are determined by the chameleon circuit. Which is
more or less permanently stuck. The Doctor says it doesn't function
properly, but I think he also really likes the way it looks now.
A Police Call box was also a small office space for beat police to
write up notes out of the weather, call for back up before the days of
walkei-talkies, and from the outside for the public to call for police
in the days many people didn't have phones at home.

The real question is why do so many people not even seem to notice a
big blue box sitting on the street or in the room?? It might be fine
appearing in times and locations where the boxes actually existed, but
in other times and locations it stands out like a pink elephant.
Peter J Ross
2014-11-27 16:56:38 UTC
Post by Your Name
The real question is why do so many people not even seem to notice a
big blue box sitting on the street or in the room?? It might be fine
appearing in times and locations where the boxes actually existed, but
in other times and locations it stands out like a pink elephant.
New Who explains it as being caused by a "perception filter", which is
a dumbed down version of Douglas Adams's "Somebody Else's Problem
Field".

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Perception_filter

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Somebody_Else%27s_Problem_field
The Doctor
2014-11-27 20:25:38 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Your Name
The real question is why do so many people not even seem to notice a
big blue box sitting on the street or in the room?? It might be fine
appearing in times and locations where the boxes actually existed, but
in other times and locations it stands out like a pink elephant.
New Who explains it as being caused by a "perception filter", which is
a dumbed down version of Douglas Adams's "Somebody Else's Problem
Field".
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Perception_filter
http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Somebody_Else%27s_Problem_field
Welcome again PJR!
Pudentame
Perception filter?
Your Name
2014-11-28 21:16:59 UTC
Post by Pudentame
Post by Your Name
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
[...]
The problem with that "explanation" is that if there's a perception
filter, why does it need a Chameleon Circuit to change it's
appearance?? (Other than the owners preference for how their TARDIS
looks.)
The Doctor
2014-11-28 21:19:12 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Pudentame
Post by Your Name
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
[...]
chameleon Circuit needs fixing.
Pudentame
2014-11-28 20:42:47 UTC
On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:23:13 +0100, Wouter Valentijn
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Why doesn't the Doctor paint his TARDIS red to match the red phone boxes that can be seen in cities?
This is a Police Box and not a Phone Box!!!
True. AFAIK it was used to incarcerate suspects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_box
Plus shape and color are determined by the chameleon circuit. Which is
more or less permanently stuck. The Doctor says it doesn't function
properly, but I think he also really likes the way it looks now.
It could be used to incarcerate suspects until the paddy wagon (black
Mariah) arrived, but its main purpose was to provide a place inside
out of the weather where a beat officer could make notes & write up
reports.

Plus the phone in the door was "FREE FOR USE OF PUBLIC" to use
contacting the police.