[NEWS] Doctor Who spin-off series: "Class"
Add Reply
Your Name
2015-10-02 01:24:09 UTC
"Borrowed" from rec.arts.sf.tv ...

BBC Three announces Doctor Who Spin-off
---------------------------------------
BBC Three today announces Class - a new 8 x 45 minute
Doctor Who spin off from the acclaimed YA author,
Patrick Ness. Class is a YA series set in contemporary
London. Incredible dangers are breaking through the
walls of time and space, and with darkness coming,
London is unprotected. With all the action, heart and
adrenalin of the best YA fiction (Buffy the Vampire
Slayer, The Hunger Games), this is Coal Hill School
and Doctor Who like you've never seen them before.

Steven Moffat says, "No one has documented the dark
and exhilarating world of the teenager like Patrick
Ness, and now we're bringing his brilliant story-telling
into Doctor Who. This is growing up in modern Britain -
but with monsters!"

On his first television series, writer Patrick Ness says,
"I'm astounded and thrilled to be entering the Doctor Who
universe, which is as vast as time and space itself.
There's so much room there for all kinds of amazing
stories, and to work with Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin
to find a place to tell one of my own has been an
absolute joy. I can't wait for people to meet the heroes
of Class, to meet the all-new villains and aliens, to
remember that the horrors of the darkest corners of
existence are just about on par with having to pass your
A-Levels."

Damian Kavanagh, Controller BBC Three adds, "We're
excited to give Patrick Ness this opportunity to work
with us at BBC Three and the Doctor Who family. Patrick
understands young audiences and I'm delighted he will use
his incredible skills as a storyteller to delight
audiences on BBC Three. BBC Three will always innovate
and offer opportunities for brilliant new talent."

Polly Hill, Controller BBC Drama Commissioning, adds,
"I am thrilled that Patrick Ness is writing his first
drama series for BBC Three. The combination of Patrick
and Steven Moffat, is an exciting partnership that has
created a brilliant Doctor Who spin off for our BBC Three
audience."

Class is executive produced by Steven Moffatt, Patrick
Ness and Brian Minchin. It was commissioned by Damian
Kavanagh, Controller BBC Three and Polly Hill, Controller
BBC Drama Commissioning.

An 8 x 45 minute series produced by BBC Cymru Wales in
association with BBC Worldwide for BBC Three.

The series will film in and around Wales from Spring, 2016
and be on air next year.
Agamemnon
Is this serious or a joke? I thought that the BBC were closing BBC3 down. What exactly does this have to do with Doctor Who other than setting it at Coal Hill School and ripping of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which has nothing whatsoever with Doctor Who other than Anthony Stewart Head appearing in both? It might as well have been set at Grange Hill. Is Clara Oswald going to be in it? Does it feature UNIT? At least Torchwood was based around Captain Jack Harkness and the Sarah Jane Adventures around Sarah Jane Smith. If that unruly brat from The Caretaker and Kill the Moon is going to be in it it will be unwatchable. Who's betting that Coal Hill will last longer than Capladi?
TB
The Doctor has been known to encounter vampires. Has he done zombies or werewolves?
Stephen Wilson
Yes.
TB
Zombies or werewolves or both?
Stephen Wilson
2015-11-17 18:08:36 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Your Name
[...]
This is another question you've asked before, and received an answer to.
It's also very easy to find the answers using any search engine of your
choice.

Zombies: see Curse of Fenric (classic series). See the Unquiet Dead (new
series)
Werewolves: see Greatest Show in the Galaxy (classic series). See Tooth and
Claw (new series).
TB
I missed Tooth and Claw. I didn't recall seeing any humanoids turn into canines in Greatest Show In The Galaxy. I also missed Unquiet Dead, and had forgotten Fenric. Weren't the Fenric monsters hemavores (blood drinkers) which would make them vampires, not zombies? People even used crosses and Communist symbols to ward off the hemavores.
Stephen Wilson
2015-11-18 17:48:59 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by Stephen Wilson
I didn't recall seeing any humanoids turn into canines in Greatest Show In
The Galaxy.
I do. And her name - Mags.
Post by Stephen Wilson
I also missed Unquiet Dead, and had forgotten Fenric. Weren't the Fenric
monsters hemavores (blood drinkers) which would make them vampires, not
zombies? People even used crosses and Communist symbols to ward off the
hemavores.
The haemovores were more of a cross between zombies and vampires.

Also if you saw Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, 3 characters got turned
into Time Zombies.
Timothy Bruening
I missed that episode too, but I like the term "Time Zombie"! What do Time Zombies do?
Pudentame

The Doctor
2015-10-02 02:14:40 UTC
Post by Your Name
[...]
How Classy.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for Stephen to move on on Oct 19 2015!!
Agamemnon
2015-10-02 02:31:18 UTC
Post by Your Name
[...]
Looks like it's official. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/953c5b1f-3cc8-4db9-8184-f1b6567260f1

How people are going to watch it or if people will when the BBC claim they will be closing BBC3 down this autumn just so they can show repeats of BBC1 an hour later in it's channel, I don't know.

If the BBC are spending all that money on 8x45 minutes episodes which people can only watch online then it's a complete and utter disgrace for all that licence fee payers money going to waste irrespective of weather it's a Doctor Who spin off or not. They can't possibly justify the licence fee by making programmes they're not even going to broadcast.
Pudentame
2015-10-02 04:38:46 UTC
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 19:31:18 -0700 (PDT), Agamemnon
Post by Agamemnon
Post by The Doctor
Post by Your Name
[...]
I'm not sure BBC3 becoming on-line only really has that much to do
with whether there should be a Young Adult spin-off from Doctor Who.

The arguments for & against BBC3 going online exist whatever
programming they attempt to bring to the format. I expect that here in
the U.S. it would be on something like Netflix or Amazon prime anyway.

I think I'll reserve judgement until the program is actually available
for viewing and I've had a chance to see it.
The Doctor
2015-10-02 14:42:52 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Borrowed" from rec.arts.sf.tv ...
BBC Three announces Doctor Who Spin-off
---------------------------------------
BBC Three today announces Class - a new 8 x 45 minute=20
Doctor Who spin off from the acclaimed YA author,=20
Patrick Ness. Class is a YA series set in contemporary=20
London. Incredible dangers are breaking through the=20
walls of time and space, and with darkness coming,=20
London is unprotected. With all the action, heart and
adrenalin of the best YA fiction (Buffy the Vampire=20
Slayer, The Hunger Games), this is Coal Hill School=20
and Doctor Who like you've never seen them before.
Steven Moffat says, "No one has documented the dark =20
and exhilarating world of the teenager like Patrick =20
Ness, and now we're bringing his brilliant story-telling =20
into Doctor Who. This is growing up in modern Britain - =20
but with monsters!"
On his first television series, writer Patrick Ness says,=20
"I'm astounded and thrilled to be entering the Doctor Who =20
universe, which is as vast as time and space itself. =20
There's so much room there for all kinds of amazing =20
stories, and to work with Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin =20
to find a place to tell one of my own has been an =20
absolute joy. I can't wait for people to meet the heroes =20
of Class, to meet the all-new villains and aliens, to =20
remember that the horrors of the darkest corners of =20
existence are just about on par with having to pass your =20
A-Levels."
Damian Kavanagh, Controller BBC Three adds, "We're =20
excited to give Patrick Ness this opportunity to work =20
with us at BBC Three and the Doctor Who family. Patrick =20
understands young audiences and I'm delighted he will use =20
his incredible skills as a storyteller to delight =20
audiences on BBC Three. BBC Three will always innovate =20
and offer opportunities for brilliant new talent."
Polly Hill, Controller BBC Drama Commissioning, adds, =20
"I am thrilled that Patrick Ness is writing his first =20
drama series for BBC Three. The combination of Patrick =20
and Steven Moffat, is an exciting partnership that has =20
created a brilliant Doctor Who spin off for our BBC Three=20
audience."
Class is executive produced by Steven Moffatt, Patrick =20
Ness and Brian Minchin. It was commissioned by Damian =20
Kavanagh, Controller BBC Three and Polly Hill, Controller =20
BBC Drama Commissioning.
An 8 x 45 minute series produced by BBC Cymru Wales in =20
association with BBC Worldwide for BBC Three.
The series will film in and around Wales from Spring, 2016 =20
and be on air next year.
=20
How Classy.
Looks like it's official. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/953c=
5b1f-3cc8-4db9-8184-f1b6567260f1
How people are going to watch it or if people will when the BBC claim they =
will be closing BBC3 down this autumn just so they can show repeats of BBC1=
an hour later in it's channel, I don't know.=20
If the BBC are spending all that money on 8x45 minutes episodes which peopl=
e can only watch online then it's a complete and utter disgrace for all tha=
t licence fee payers money going to waste irrespective of weather it's a Do=
ctor Who spin off or not. They can't possibly justify the licence fee by ma=
king programmes they're not even going to broadcast.
You have to wonder what the Cons want in culture.
TB
I bet that one of the characters will be that Afghan Kid Danny Pink sent back to Earth in his place! Another character would of course be Clara.
Mike M
2015-10-02 16:54:27 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
No Tim, they won't. They might get Jenna or Peter as occasional guest
stars. The only characters likely to be in the main cast from Dr Who would
be Courtney, and the girl who was the main guest in In the Forest of the
Night. There aren't any other notable school kids or teachers alive. I'd
suggest Ian Chesterton but he's reportedly still looking the same as in
1965, which would be a challenge.
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
TB
How in the world did Ian manage that?
Mike M
2015-10-02 18:18:34 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
That was what was said of Ian and Barbara Chesterton in the Sarah Jane
Adventures - that they were Oxford professors but seemed not to have aged a
day since returning to Earth in 1965. Maybe it was something he did in
flying the Dalek TARDIS home ... Or maybe afterwards (did he REALLY blow up
a perfectly good time and space machine? Or was that an effect he put on to
make Barbara feel better?)
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
Pudentame
2015-10-03 23:54:09 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
Did the program ever show a non-aging Ian & Barbara in the Sarah Jane
Adventures stories? Or was that just something mentioned in the
dialog.

I don't think either Ian or Barbara blew up the time machine they used
to return to Earth, I think that was something The Doctor
pre-programmed into it.

It was set to deliver Ian & Barbara back to the correct era then self
destruct so there wouldn't be any incriminating evidence of time
travel left behind.

... and no temptation for them to go off mucking around in time on
their own.

In the real world, the Doctor Who team tried to accomodate as many
surviving original Doctor Who actors & personnel as possible in the
made for TV Movie about the creation of the original TV show; William
Russel, Carol Anne Ford, Jean Marsh and Anneke Wills all have cameo
roles, along with Donald Tosh who was an early story editor (The Time
Meddler thru The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve).
TB
2015-10-02 18:22:23 UTC
Will there be a school shooting in this show? It is logical that there might be a school shooting, since they are common in the US.
s***@gmail.com
2015-10-02 19:29:49 UTC
No Tim. It is not even a little bit logical. It would be entirely inappropriate. And it won't be set in the USA. It will be set in London where children go to school and don't get shot.
Mike M
2015-10-02 19:40:54 UTC
Post by TB
Will there be a school shooting in this show? It is logical that there
might be a school shooting, since they are common in the US.
Why should a show set in a British school, where we have only ever had one
school massacre, feature a kind of tragic event that only happens in the US
on a regular basis?

That's not logical. Just for information, in 2010 there were 58 gun related
homicides in the UK (just under 1 per 1 million citizens). That was a bad
year (the total usually hovers around 40). The equivalent number in the USA
was 11,078 (36 per 1 million citizens). That was the lowest percentage in
at least 30 years. Logically, if a US school show features a shooting once
in say 5 seasons, a U.K. show should maybe show one once in a century, if
it ran that long.
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
Your Name
2015-10-02 21:13:35 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Will there be a school shooting in this show? It is logical that there
might be a school shooting, since they are common in the US.
Why should a show set in a British school, where we have only ever had one
school massacre, feature a kind of tragic event that only happens in the US
on a regular basis?
That's not logical. Just for information, in 2010 there were 58 gun related
homicides in the UK (just under 1 per 1 million citizens). That was a bad
year (the total usually hovers around 40). The equivalent number in the USA
was 11,078 (36 per 1 million citizens). That was the lowest percentage in
at least 30 years. Logically, if a US school show features a shooting once
in say 5 seasons, a U.K. show should maybe show one once in a century, if
it ran that long.
Yep, all true ... BUT this *is* of course a Doctor Who spin-off TV
show, so no doubt all sorts of naughty aliens will be showing up at the
school to cause on-going havoc, just as they did for Sarah Jane and in
the sister show Wizards & Aliens. :-)
TB
A terrorist attack by radical gun toting Muslims might occur.
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-02 22:34:44 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Will there be a school shooting in this show? It is logical that there
might be a school shooting, since they are common in the US.
Why should a show set in a British school, where we have only ever had one
school massacre, feature a kind of tragic event that only happens in the US
on a regular basis?
That's not logical. Just for information, in 2010 there were 58 gun related
homicides in the UK (just under 1 per 1 million citizens). That was a bad
year (the total usually hovers around 40). The equivalent number in the USA
was 11,078 (36 per 1 million citizens). That was the lowest percentage in
at least 30 years. Logically, if a US school show features a shooting once
in say 5 seasons, a U.K. show should maybe show one once in a century, if
it ran that long.
A terrorist attack by radical gun toting Muslims might occur.
But only in your imagination.

Most Muslims are peaceful.

Please try to understand. Doctor Who will not have a plot involving ISIS.
Class will not have a plot involving ISIS. Doctor Who will not feature
children being shot in a school. And neither will Class.
TB
2015-10-03 04:16:17 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
[...]
Most of the terrorist attacks I have heard of this century have been perpetuated by Muslims! (Most Muslims may be peaceful, but its the violent ones that grab all the attention!).
I'm glad to read that the children in Class are immune to being shot by Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, etc.
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-03 11:05:33 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
[...]
Of course. It helps to divert your attention from the really danger. Here
are some statistics for you on American deaths between 2001 and 2013:
Number of Americans killed outside the USA by terrorists = 350
Number of Americans killed within the USA by terrorists = 3,030
Number of Americans shot by Americans = 406,496

Given that the average American is Christian (over 70% of the population),
and looking at the above figures, who would you say is more dangerous?
Post by TB
Post by Stephen Wilson
Please try to understand. Doctor Who will not have a plot involving ISIS.
Class will not have a plot involving ISIS. Doctor Who will not feature
children being shot in a school. And neither will Class.
I'm glad to read that the children in Class are immune to being shot by
Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, etc.
I didn't say they were immune to being shot. If you follow the thread, you
would realise I was specifically talking about your original suggestion
about a "school shooting". And this would not happen because school
shootings might be common in the USA, but they are very uncommon in Britain,
and the subject is completely inappropriate for a programme such as Doctor
Who or Class. In fact, I think any writer would think twice before coming up
with such a story for any television programme.
Agamemnon
2015-10-03 04:32:47 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
[...]
Instead of ISIS, Muslim fundamentalists, gun toting killers, rapists, and child abductors the school will have some monster, alien or supernatural being that will be analogous to them and the plots will be allegorical to real life events just like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Please feel free to come up with some plots TB.
The Doctor
2015-10-02 21:17:21 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
Goos news most likely.
Daniel60
2020-03-04 06:57:49 UTC
The Doctor wrote on 3/10/2015 7:17 AM:

<Snip>
Post by The Doctor
Goos news most likely.
"Goos"?? Really?? Was that meant to be "Goose", idiot?? (Maybe you were
reading a "Mother Goose" book back then, idiot!)
2020-03-04 14:49:27 UTC
<Snip>
Post by The Doctor
Goos news most likely.
"Goos"?? Really?? Was that meant to be "Goose", idiot?? (Maybe you were
reading a "Mother Goose" book back then, idiot!)
Old one when I tried to say Good news then. Too bad
Class was not a Chibnall series.
An enlightened soul would not demand of another to believe lies. -unknown
TB
Could Sara Jane Smith pay a visit?
Mike M
2015-10-03 05:32:07 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
Elisabeth Sladen is, alas, dead, Tim. So no. From SJA Clyde, Rani or Luke
(with K-9) could, and it's certainly possible Rani's dad could be the
Principal of the school in Class.

Donna Noble could. Martha Jones could. Jack Harkness could. The 10th or
11th Doctors could, although chances are only the current Doctor at time of
filming would. UNIT characters certainly could and no doubt will.
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
Your Name
2015-10-03 07:15:05 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Could Sara Jane Smith pay a visit?
Elisabeth Sladen is, alas, dead, Tim. So no. From SJA Clyde, Rani or Luke
(with K-9) could, and it's certainly possible Rani's dad could be the
Principal of the school in Class.
Donna Noble could. Martha Jones could. Jack Harkness could. The 10th or
11th Doctors could, although chances are only the current Doctor at time of
filming would. UNIT characters certainly could and no doubt will.
Potentially Donna Noble could, but it might remind her and she'd die of
the Doctor, so seems unlikely ... unless it's a Donna Noble visiting
with her version of the Doctor from somewhere in the timeline before
she was dropped back at home.
Mike M
2015-10-03 06:54:38 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Could Sara Jane Smith pay a visit?
Elisabeth Sladen is, alas, dead, Tim. So no. From SJA Clyde, Rani or Luke
(with K-9) could, and it's certainly possible Rani's dad could be the
Principal of the school in Class.
Donna Noble could. Martha Jones could. Jack Harkness could. The 10th or
11th Doctors could, although chances are only the current Doctor at time of
filming would. UNIT characters certainly could and no doubt will.
Potentially Donna Noble could, but it might remind her and she'd die of
the Doctor, so seems unlikely ... unless it's a Donna Noble visiting
with her version of the Doctor from somewhere in the timeline before
she was dropped back at home.
I was assuming some plot that would awaken her Doctorness then allow her to
reset safely ... as in The End of Time when it saves her from being
Mastered. Or, she's in there for comic relief and as an in joke, and she
completely fails to notice all the sci-fi shenanigans going on around her
while she complains about how her cousin's kid is being victimised by the
school authorities...
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-03 11:10:40 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by Your Name
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
[...]
Can't see it myself. I think Catherine Tate has moved on from the world of
Doctor Who, and the character is pretty much off limits now. She might be
tempted by a cameo, but I can't see it happening in a BBC3 show which will
be working on a very limited budget.
TB
How about Missy?
Keith Cunningham
April the 19th 2011.
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-03 11:07:16 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
I bet that one of the characters will be that Afghan Kid Danny Pink sent
back to Earth in his place! Another character would of course be Clara.
No Tim, they won't. They might get Jenna or Peter as occasional guest
stars. The only characters likely to be in the main cast from Dr Who would
be Courtney, and the girl who was the main guest in In the Forest of the
Night. There aren't any other notable school kids or teachers alive. I'd
suggest Ian Chesterton but he's reportedly still looking the same as in
1965, which would be a challenge.
Could Sara Jane Smith pay a visit?
Assuming you mean Sarah Jane Smith, then no. Absolutely not. She wasn't a
teacher. And the actress who played her is no longer with us.
TB
Might her son Luke attend the school?
s***@gmail.com
2015-10-03 18:08:37 UTC
He'll be in his twenties now. So no.
Mike M
2015-10-03 19:47:43 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
I bet that one of the characters will be that Afghan Kid Danny Pink sent
back to Earth in his place! Another character would of course be Clara.
No Tim, they won't. They might get Jenna or Peter as occasional guest
stars. The only characters likely to be in the main cast from Dr Who would
be Courtney, and the girl who was the main guest in In the Forest of the
Night. There aren't any other notable school kids or teachers alive. I'd
suggest Ian Chesterton but he's reportedly still looking the same as in
1965, which would be a challenge.
Could Sara Jane Smith pay a visit?
Assuming you mean Sarah Jane Smith, then no. Absolutely not. She wasn't a
teacher. And the actress who played her is no longer with us.
Might her son Luke attend the school?
He was at university (with K-9) by season 4 of SJA. So no.
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
Your Name
Maybe he comes to the school as a trainee / newly qualified teacher.
The Doctor
2015-10-03 21:31:42 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
[...]
Thanks for the humour.
Timothy Bruening
What's funny about Sarah Jane Smith's son Luke attending Coal High, either as a student or as a teacher? I wasn't intending any humor!
s***@gmail.com
2015-10-02 19:32:23 UTC
I bet none of the characters will be the afghan boy. And I bet Clara will not appear.
The Doctor
2015-10-02 21:18:19 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I bet none of the characters will be the afghan boy. And I bet Clara will not appear.
Online betting wager reference URL please.
TB
2015-10-02 21:39:48 UTC
Clara is a teacher at the school. Why WOULDN'T she show up? (Especially since Jenna Coleman will no longer be busy acting on Doctor Who. How long will her role on Queen Victoria last?).
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-02 22:37:36 UTC
Post by TB
Post by s***@gmail.com
I bet none of the characters will be the afghan boy. And I bet Clara will not appear.
Clara is a teacher at the school. Why WOULDN'T she show up? (Especially
since Jenna Coleman will no longer be busy acting on Doctor Who. How long
will her role on Queen Victoria last?).
Jenna Coleman will not show up for 2, maybe 3 reasons.
1. She has not been cast in it. This has been confirmed by the Radio Times.
2. Once she has left Doctor Who, she will be looking for new roles. She
doesn't want to play Clara for the rest of her life.
3. Depending on how she's written out of Doctor Who, she may not continue
being a teacher at the school.
Timothy Bruening
2015-10-03 00:46:38 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by s***@gmail.com
I bet none of the characters will be the afghan boy. And I bet Clara will not appear.
Clara is a teacher at the school. Why WOULDN'T she show up? (Especially
since Jenna Coleman will no longer be busy acting on Doctor Who. How long
will her role on Queen Victoria last?).
Jenna Coleman will not show up for 2, maybe 3 reasons.
1. She has not been cast in it. This has been confirmed by the Radio Times.
Why didn't BBC3 make a point of specifically recruiting Jenna to play Clara (so as to avoid creating a nit)?
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-03 10:49:03 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
Post by s***@gmail.com
I bet none of the characters will be the afghan boy. And I bet Clara
will
not appear.
Clara is a teacher at the school. Why WOULDN'T she show up?
(Especially
since Jenna Coleman will no longer be busy acting on Doctor Who. How long
will her role on Queen Victoria last?).
Jenna Coleman will not show up for 2, maybe 3 reasons.
1. She has not been cast in it. This has been confirmed by the Radio Times.
Why didn't BBC3 make a point of specifically recruiting Jenna to play
Clara (so as to avoid creating a nit)?
I can think of at least 4 reasons:
1. As a relatively well known actress, she would cost more;
2. She may not be available for filming;
3. She may not want to play Clara again even if she was available;
4. Clara may be written out of Doctor Who in such a way that the character
does not return to school.
TB
Do you think that Moffat has directed the writers to "Write Clara out of Doctor Who in such a way that she can't function as a Coal Hill teacher, so that we won't have to pay Jenna Coleman to play Clara in the series "Class""?
TB
Might the very announcement of the "Class" series be a hint that Clara will leave Doctor Who in such a way that she can't function as a Coal Hill teacher? After all, if Clara is able to be a teacher after leaving Doctor Who, then her failure to show up in "Class" would be a nit!
s***@gmail.com
2015-10-02 19:32:34 UTC
I bet none of the characters will be the afghan boy. And I bet Clara will not appear.
The Doctor
2015-10-02 21:16:38 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
Put an online wager.
TB
2015-10-03 04:30:05 UTC
Class plots:

I: The students discover that their teachers have been taken over by brain controlling parasites!

II: A history teacher forms a Nazi like club to show his students what Nazi Germany was like. It soon spreads all over the school. Members of the club take to beating up non-members and anyone else they don't like.

III: Students and teachers find themselves transported to the age of the dinosaurs.

IV: Aliens transport the entire school to another planet.
Agamemnon
2015-10-03 05:08:36 UTC
Post by TB
I: The students discover that their teachers have been taken over by brain controlling parasites!
II: A history teacher forms a Nazi like club to show his students what Nazi Germany was like. It soon spreads all over the school. Members of the club take to beating up non-members and anyone else they don't like.
III: Students and teachers find themselves transported to the age of the dinosaurs.
IV: Aliens transport the entire school to another planet.
V: A new teacher brainwashes their class to write letters of support to aliens fighting in a war to liberate their planet from a brutal dictator. Only we find out that these aliens are even more brutal that the so-called dictator and have destroyed all the planet's cultural history and are committing genocide against the planet's other inhabitants who do not believe in the same gods they do.

VI: An alien crash lands on earth and seeks refuge inside the school. Suddenly children start going missing and the husks of their bodies eventually turn up floating in the river Thames. It transpires that the alien needs the life energy of the children to fix his spacecraft. The students discover the trail leads to the school boiler room where they find his lair and the missing children tied up waiting to be drained of energy.

VII: What looks like a dinosaur fossil is discovered by inquisitive archaeology students underneath the school playing field during building work for a new extension to the science block. The fossil is taken to one of the biology labs and the students attempt to extract DNA from it. It suddenly comes to life when it makes contact with the solvent the students are using, regenerates and then goes on a rampage through the school considering the students to be food.

VIII: In a technology lesson the students learn how to build and programme humanoid robots using a new building kit that has been donated to the school. It turns out that this kit is based on alien technology and the robots become sentient. These kits are actually self assembly alien sex education demonstration units and they start seducing the 6th formers that built them. The 6th form business students get wind of what's going on and decide to abduct several of the female robots and take them to Soho where the start pimping them in order to make money. The students that built the robots are not happy being parted from their new girlfriends and get them back only to find out that they feed on sexual energy and escape to predate on unsuspecting Londoners.

Anyone to care to do an outline for Series 2 now that we've done Series 1?
Mike M
2015-10-03 05:48:36 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
I: The students discover that their teachers have been taken over by
brain controlling parasites!
Possible.
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
II: A history teacher forms a Nazi like club to show his students what
Nazi Germany was like. It soon spreads all over the school. Members of
the club take to beating up non-members and anyone else they don't like.
Unlikely.
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
III: Students and teachers find themselves transported to the age of the dinosaurs.
Possible but dinosaurs in the present day would be easier and cheaper.
Post by Agamemnon
V: A new teacher brainwashes their class to write letters of support to
aliens fighting in a war to liberate their planet from a brutal dictator.
Only we find out that these aliens are even more brutal that the
so-called dictator and have destroyed all the planet's cultural history
and are committing genocide against the planet's other inhabitants who do
not believe in the same gods they do.
Unlikely, sounds too complex and dark. Suggest you watch SJA to look at the
level of plot we are probably facing.
Post by Agamemnon
VI: An alien crash lands on earth and seeks refuge inside the school.
Suddenly children start going missing and the husks of their bodies
eventually turn up floating in the river Thames. It transpires that the
alien needs the life energy of the children to fix his spacecraft. The
students discover the trail leads to the school boiler room where they
find his lair and the missing children tied up waiting to be drained of energy.
Too dark for Class. The source of Slitheen human suits, for example, was
ignored in SJA.
Post by Agamemnon
VII: What looks like a dinosaur fossil is discovered by inquisitive
archaeology students underneath the school playing field during building
work for a new extension to the science block. The fossil is taken to one
of the biology labs and the students attempt to extract DNA from it. It
suddenly comes to life when it makes contact with the solvent the
students are using, regenerates and then goes on a rampage through the
school considering the students to be food.
Possible as long as you haven't done plot (III) above within the same
season.
Post by Agamemnon
VIII: In a technology lesson the students learn how to build and
programme humanoid robots using a new building kit that has been donated
to the school. It turns out that this kit is based on alien technology
and the robots become sentient.
Up to this point, yes. Then you go off the rails and on to a pervy
Torchwood track which is also uncannily like one of the sub plots of
_Humans_.

Now, the students could certainly build proto Cybermen by accident (this
would evade the messy requirement for human brains, but Who has already
violated that precept with Dark Water / Death in Heaven).
Post by Agamemnon
Anyone to care to do an outline for Series 2 now that we've done Series 1?
I'd prefer to let Mr Ness to do series 1 first. Then we'll know what kind
of show it is. Wonder if this is a stealthy way of grooming Moffat's
successor (give him the ancillary show to play with as rehearsal for the
main event?)
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
TB
Have the students build proto-Daleks.
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-03 11:17:01 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
VIII: In a technology lesson the students learn how to build and
programme humanoid robots using a new building kit that has been donated
to the school. It turns out that this kit is based on alien technology
and the robots become sentient.
Up to this point, yes. Then you go off the rails and on to a pervy
Torchwood track which is also uncannily like one of the sub plots of
_Humans_.
Now, the students could certainly build proto Cybermen by accident (this
would evade the messy requirement for human brains, but Who has already
violated that precept with Dark Water / Death in Heaven).
Have the students build proto-Daleks.
Do you know of many schools where children have a go at mutating human
babies so they can put them inside Dalek casings?
Agamemnon
2015-10-03 16:41:52 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
II: A history teacher forms a Nazi like club to show his students what
Nazi Germany was like. It soon spreads all over the school. Members of
the club take to beating up non-members and anyone else they don't like.
Unlikely.
Why not? It's happened in real life, but instead of Nazis's the students were turned into fanatical Islamists by their teachers who attacked Jews and Christians.
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
V: A new teacher brainwashes their class to write letters of support to
aliens fighting in a war to liberate their planet from a brutal dictator.
Only we find out that these aliens are even more brutal that the
so-called dictator and have destroyed all the planet's cultural history
and are committing genocide against the planet's other inhabitants who do
not believe in the same gods they do.
Unlikely, sounds too complex and dark. Suggest you watch SJA to look at the
level of plot we are probably facing.
It's happened in real life and was in the news only last week when a teacher made their whole class write illustrated letters of support to members of ISIS.

"Class" is not going to be shown on CBBC it's for BBC3, 18+ age group.
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
VI: An alien crash lands on earth and seeks refuge inside the school.
Suddenly children start going missing and the husks of their bodies
eventually turn up floating in the river Thames. It transpires that the
alien needs the life energy of the children to fix his spacecraft. The
students discover the trail leads to the school boiler room where they
find his lair and the missing children tied up waiting to be drained of energy.
Too dark for Class. The source of Slitheen human suits, for example, was
ignored in SJA.
Too dark for Class but not too dark for a Doctor Who on Christmas Day?
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
VII: What looks like a dinosaur fossil is discovered by inquisitive
archaeology students underneath the school playing field during building
work for a new extension to the science block. The fossil is taken to one
of the biology labs and the students attempt to extract DNA from it. It
suddenly comes to life when it makes contact with the solvent the
students are using, regenerates and then goes on a rampage through the
school considering the students to be food.
Possible as long as you haven't done plot (III) above within the same
season.
The fossil might not be a real dinosaur but some sort of alien creature that looks similar to a dinosaur.
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
VIII: In a technology lesson the students learn how to build and
programme humanoid robots using a new building kit that has been donated
to the school. It turns out that this kit is based on alien technology
and the robots become sentient.
Up to this point, yes. Then you go off the rails and on to a pervy
Torchwood track which is also uncannily like one of the sub plots of
_Humans_.
They did something similar as a plot in the second episode of Trochwood so why not in Class since it's for exactly the same age group. Never watched Humans.
Post by Mike M
Now, the students could certainly build proto Cybermen by accident (this
would evade the messy requirement for human brains, but Who has already
violated that precept with Dark Water / Death in Heaven).
No. That would change the theme of the story. It's supposed to be about young adults learning to understand sex and relationships.
It's a completely different kettle of fish.
TB
2015-10-03 17:43:39 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Mike M
Post by TB
II: A history teacher forms a Nazi like club to show his students what
Nazi Germany was like. It soon spreads all over the school. Members of
the club take to beating up non-members and anyone else they don't like.
Unlikely.
Why not? It's happened in real life, but instead of Nazis's the students were turned into fanatical Islamists by their teachers who attacked Jews and Christians.
I was thinking of a YA book in which a history teacher creates a Nazi style club called "The Wave", which washes over the entire school. The teacher breaks the spell by showing the students a movie of Hitler.
I have seen reports on the Internet of school kids being taught about Islam, but not the report about the letters to ISIS. Where did the letters to ISIS incident occur?
Agamemnon
2015-10-04 04:43:23 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Agamemnon
It's happened in real life and was in the news only last week when a teacher made their whole class write illustrated letters of support to members of ISIS.
I have seen reports on the Internet of school kids being taught about Islam, but not the report about the letters to ISIS. Where did the letters to ISIS incident occur?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3231908/British-teacher-brainwashes-primary-school-children-writing-letters-support-Syrian-jihadis-calling-diamonds.html

British teacher brainwashes primary school children into writing letters of support to Syrian jihadis calling them 'diamonds'

Teacher asked young pupils to write letters to specific ISIS jihadis in Syria
Described the recipients as 'diamonds', 'role models' and 'our brothers'
Images shared online by unknown woman who keeps her identity hidden
She has previously posted terrorist propaganda and share beheading pics
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-04 15:50:12 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Ah. The Daily Mail. Or more accurately, the Daily Fail. Or Daily Hate. Take
your pick.

It's another one of their non stories. Note the complete absence of any
facts. Teacher: unidentified. School: unidentified. The "letters" are images
posted via social media. They may or may not have been written by children.
They may or may not have been encouraged by a British teacher. Lots of
supposition, but not one fact. That's not journalism. That's sensationalism.
TB
2015-10-16 16:01:40 UTC
Idea: Someone shrinks the kids!
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-16 16:34:04 UTC
Post by TB
Idea: Someone shrinks the kids!
Doctor Who has done the shrinking idea several times.

Class won't have the budget to do it convincingly.
Agamemnon
2015-10-17 01:41:38 UTC
Post by TB
Idea: Someone shrinks the kids!
The class biology teacher shrinks the students down so that they can
study the reproductive system in detail from the inside of the body.
Something goes wrong and the cat they are studying wakes up and escapes
from the lab. The cat is a tom and it soon finds a queen to mate with.
The submarine carrying the student's is transferred to the female cat
and the students and their teacher get to see the reproductive process
in action. The queen is infected with VD and the viruses attack the sub.
The occupants have to devise ways of defeating the infection so that
they can escape. The stray cat is then captured by the RSPCA and taken
to an animal sanctuary. The crew therefore have to find some way to coax
the cat to escape or get someone to bail it out and return them to Coal
Hill School where she pees them out against the side of a tree on the
playing fields and they return to normal size.
Kitty Eden
Sounds like The Magic School Bus crossed over with my high school sex ed class.
The Doctor
TB
Idea: Someone EXPANDS the kids!
TB
2015-10-16 16:05:53 UTC
The mayor comes to school, then turns into a snake. He is an agent of the Mara.

The Queen comes to visit, but gets kidnapped. Would that make Charles the Acting King?
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-16 16:32:58 UTC
Post by TB
The mayor comes to school, then turns into a snake. He is an agent of the Mara.
The Mara have never been to Earth. And they weren't snakes disguised as
humans.
No.
Timothy Bruening
2015-10-17 05:11:36 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
The mayor comes to school, then turns into a snake. He is an agent of the Mara.
The Mara have never been to Earth. And they weren't snakes disguised as
humans.
The Mara could be concealed inside the Mayor.

Or the Mayor could be that snake collective who works for Davros!

Weeping Angels invade the school. Sally Sparrow and her husband come to advise on how to deal with the Weeping Angels.

Drug gangs invade the school.

Students get trapped in a shrinking warp bubble.
Agamemnon
2015-10-17 16:35:29 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by TB
The mayor comes to school, then turns into a snake. He is an agent of the Mara.
The Mara have never been to Earth. And they weren't snakes disguised as
humans.
The Mara could be concealed inside the Mayor.
Or the Mayor could be that snake collective who works for Davros!
Weeping Angels invade the school. Sally Sparrow and her husband come to advise on how to deal with the Weeping Angels.
Drug gangs invade the school.
Drug gangs from outer space. What is everyday food for them is a toxic
hallucinogenic for the students.
Post by Timothy Bruening
Students get trapped in a shrinking warp bubble.
Why would they get trapped in a shrinking warp bubble. This isn't Star
Trek TNG.
TB
The warp bubble could be created either by a mad human scientist or a mad alien scientist.
TB
2015-10-17 16:53:30 UTC
Or something that is harmless to humans is a narcotic for the aliens.
TB
2015-10-29 04:40:17 UTC
Plot Bunnies: I: The students get trapped in Virtual Reality. They are using gear supplied by a new company, which turns out to be an alien front.

A: The aliens want to harvest life force energy from the students.

B: And/or want to put the students' minds into cyborg bodies for use as soldiers.

C: And/or want to take over the bodies of the students.

D: Maybe the aliens are computer programs contained in the VR gear.

II: An alien flu sweeps the school.

A: It turns some students into life force sucking vampires.

III: The students join an alien student exchange program, which sends them to an alien school!
The Doctor
2015-10-16 20:32:05 UTC
Post by TB
The mayor comes to school, then turns into a snake. He is an agent of the Mara.
The Queen comes to visit, but gets kidnapped. Would that make Charles the Acting King?
Charles was suppose to be King in 1999 According to Battlefield.
p***@gmail.com
2015-10-18 10:32:06 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Ah. The Daily Mail. Or more accurately, the Daily Fail. Or Daily Hate. Take
your pick.
Hurrah for the Blackshirts!
Post by Stephen Wilson
It's another one of their non stories. Note the complete absence of any
facts. Teacher: unidentified. School: unidentified. The "letters" are images
posted via social media. They may or may not have been written by children.
They may or may not have been encouraged by a British teacher. Lots of
supposition, but not one fact. That's not journalism. That's sensationalism.
If there's _any_ truth in the Daily Heil's story, this sounds
like a standard Creative Writing exercise for English class:
Imagine you're someone with different views from your real
self, and write a letter or essay from that perspective.
TB
2015-10-29 04:29:34 UTC
Spoilers for The Woman Who Lived:

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Will Ashildr be a character in "Class"?
Mike M
2015-10-03 19:47:43 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Mike M
Post by Mike M
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
Anyone to care to do an outline for Series 2 now that we've done Series 1?
I'd prefer to let Mr Ness to do series 1 first. Then we'll know what kind
of show it is. Wonder if this is a stealthy way of grooming Moffat's
successor (give him the ancillary show to play with as rehearsal for the
main event?)
It's a completely different kettle of fish.
I take your point on it being a BBC3 show. No idea why but I was going with
the idea of a school based show being youth friendly. My comments on age
appropriateness are invalid.

What I don't enjoy about your ideas or Tim's are when you heavy handedly
pin your stories on current affairs, especially ISIS / Greece etc.
Insufficiently imaginative. I want my sf shows to be sf, not thinly veiled
(or not veiled at all ) current political commentary.
For the night is drak, and full of errors.
Agamemnon
2015-10-03 23:34:10 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Mike M
Post by Mike M
Post by Mike M
Post by Agamemnon
Anyone to care to do an outline for Series 2 now that we've done Series 1?
I'd prefer to let Mr Ness to do series 1 first. Then we'll know what kind
of show it is. Wonder if this is a stealthy way of grooming Moffat's
successor (give him the ancillary show to play with as rehearsal for the
main event?)
It's a completely different kettle of fish.
I take your point on it being a BBC3 show. No idea why but I was going with
the idea of a school based show being youth friendly. My comments on age
appropriateness are invalid.
Have you never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
What is wrong with social and political commentary? All the best science fiction stories were based on social commentary. Do you actually believe that H G Wells wrote War of the Worlds because he feared a Martian invasion or was it because he feared an invasion by Germany. I think the latter. Buck Rogers was created in Armageddon 2419 because Philip Nolan feared that after a second world war which he predicted nearly two decades in advanced the world would be taken over by the economies of Asia. 1984 was written because George Orwell saw that governments were already spying on their own people, using informers and creating and perpetuating phoney wars to keeps peoples minds off the conditions in which the lived in. The Soviet block and Russian Revolution was the basis for 1984 and for the Moon Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
TB
2015-10-03 07:04:44 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
I: The students discover that their teachers have been taken over by brain controlling parasites!
II: A history teacher forms a Nazi like club to show his students what Nazi Germany was like. It soon spreads all over the school. Members of the club take to beating up non-members and anyone else they don't like.
III: Students and teachers find themselves transported to the age of the dinosaurs.
IV: Aliens transport the entire school to another planet.
V: A new teacher brainwashes their class to write letters of support to aliens fighting in a war to liberate their planet from a brutal dictator. Only we find out that these aliens are even more brutal that the so-called dictator and have destroyed all the planet's cultural history and are committing genocide against the planet's other inhabitants who do not believe in the same gods they do.
Is the brutal dictator of the same species as the aliens who are fighting the dictator?

VA: The planet has repeatedly been invaded by two alien species which take turns "liberating" it! As a result, the planet has been ruined.
Post by Agamemnon
VI: An alien crash lands on earth and seeks refuge inside the school. Suddenly children start going missing and the husks of their bodies eventually turn up floating in the river Thames. It transpires that the alien needs the life energy of the children to fix his spacecraft. The students discover the trail leads to the school boiler room where they find his lair and the missing children tied up waiting to be drained of energy.
VIA: The aliens extract the energy via tentacles on their arms!
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Now that's bizarre!

I was expecting that the kit would lead the students to build Cybermen or Daleks!
IX: But what about a Christmas special?
Stephen Wilson
2015-10-03 11:15:54 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
[...]
The implication is that the dictator is human. It's Aggy. He's talking about
the Muslim extremists who are destroying various building, statues, etc.
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
It's Aggy. So of course it's bizarre.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
I was expecting that the kit would lead the students to build Cybermen or Daleks!
Anyone to care to do an outline for Series 2 now that we've done Series 1?
Seeing as the first series has not even been filmed yet, it might make sense
to wait and at least watch the first couple of episodes so you can get some
kind of idea what the show will really be about.
Why should there be a Christmas special?
TB
Because Doctor Who has Christmas specials?
s***@gmail.com
2015-10-03 18:06:32 UTC
No. A series doesn't get a Christmas special just because doctor who does.
Agamemnon
2015-10-03 17:10:40 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
[...]
I was toying with that idea. The aliens who want to topple the dictator are of a different humanoid race that invaded and destroyed or is destroying the planet.
Post by TB
VA: The planet has repeatedly been invaded by two alien species which take turns "liberating" it! As a result, the planet has been ruined.
Yes. That was a possible plot line I was imagining. Maybe both races are subjugating a third indigenous race.
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Originally I thought they might be similar to Cybermen but the moment they parts are taken out of the box it would be blatantly obvious and I'd be accused of ripping them off. Besides which Cybermen are part human and so are Daleks.
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Anyone to care to do an outline for Series 2 now that we've done Series 1?
IX: But what about a Christmas special?
Wouldn't the school be on holiday during Christmas?

Ok then.

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: The school is preparing for the Christmas Prom which is being held at the end of term at a local night club. One of the girls wants to be Prom Queen and attempts to sleep with as many boys and girls as she can possibly get away with in order to obtain their votes. It eventually turns out that she's one of the humanoid robots from the previous episode but a more advanced model, possibly becoming a regular character in the second series. Meanwhile another of the girls also wants to be Prom Queen and because most of the boys won't sleep with her and most of the other girls don't like her they start disparaging. The day of the Prom comes and while everyone is at the club the winner of the vote for Prom Queen is announced. It's the humanoid robot girl. The other girl becomes very angry and an evil menace is aroused from the bowels of the Earth and struggles to free itself from the club's beer cellar and begins menacing all the prom goers directed by the girl's will. The only way to stop it is for the girl for find love.
Agamemnon
2015-10-04 04:05:18 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by TB
IX: But what about a Christmas special?
Wouldn't the school be on holiday during Christmas?
Ok then.
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: The school is preparing for the Christmas Prom which is being held at the end of term at a local night club. One of the girls wants to be Prom Queen and attempts to sleep with as many boys and girls as she can possibly get away with in order to obtain their votes. It eventually turns out that she's one of the humanoid robots from the previous episode but a more advanced model, possibly becoming a regular character in the second series. Meanwhile another of the girls also wants to be Prom Queen and because most of the boys won't sleep with her and most of the other girls don't like her they start disparaging. The day of the Prom comes and while everyone is at the club
I mean disappearing. Can't spell checkers ever work properly? And I forgot to say that robot girl gets the blame.
...to find love. Another stupid spell checker I seem to have found.
Your Name
2015-10-04 04:51:32 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Agamemnon
the winner of the vote for Prom Queen is announced. It's the humanoid robot
girl. The other girl becomes very angry and an evil menace is aroused from
the bowels of the Earth and struggles to free itself from the club's beer
cellar and begins menacing all the prom goers directed by the girl's will.
The only way to stop it is for the girl for find love.
...to find love. Another stupid spell checker I seem to have found.
English schools don't actually have "Proms". They do have "School
Balls" which are basically the same thing (although usually more formal
and without themes), but they certainly don't have silly "Prom Queen"
popularity contests.
Agamemnon
US style Proms at catching on in popularity in the UK just like Halloween, but call it the Christmas Ball or Disco if you like and it can be a contest for who will be voted the Bell of the Ball or Disco Queen.
TB
2015-11-17 03:40:16 UTC
Will those aliens carry out terrorist attacks on Earth?
TB
2015-10-31 22:35:46 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Borrowed" from rec.arts.sf.tv ...
BBC Three announces Doctor Who Spin-off
---------------------------------------
BBC Three today announces Class - a new 8 x 45 minute
Doctor Who spin off from the acclaimed YA author,
Patrick Ness. Class is a YA series set in contemporary
London. Incredible dangers are breaking through the
walls of time and space, and with darkness coming,
London is unprotected. With all the action, heart and
adrenalin of the best YA fiction (Buffy the Vampire
Slayer, The Hunger Games), this is Coal Hill School
and Doctor Who like you've never seen them before.
Plots: I: Zygons invade the school and emulate the school's personnel.

II: A wormhole connecting multiple universes opens at the school.

III: The students get turned into animals.
TB
IV: The school gets zapped to a future Earth ruled by aliens. The teachers and students must get back to 2017 to warn UNIT and Torchwood about the aliens.
TB
2015-10-31 22:54:10 UTC
Post by TB
Post by TB
Post by Your Name
[...]
V: The students find and activate a magic game that transports them into space and/or unleashes dangerous animals on London.

VI: The students learn of a terrorist plot to infect the world with a deadly disease capable of wiping humanity.
Daniel60
2020-03-07 05:03:26 UTC
TB wrote on 1/11/2015 9:54 AM:

<Snip>
Post by TB
VI: The students learn of a terrorist plot to infect the world with a
deadly disease capable of wiping humanity.
Capable of wiping humanities ...... *WHAT* , Tim??
2020-03-07 06:26:47 UTC
<Snip>
Post by TB
VI: The students learn of a terrorist plot to infect the world with a
deadly disease capable of wiping humanity.
Capable of wiping humanities ...... *WHAT* , Tim??
Capable of wiping humanity out. Think COVID-19 on steroids.

TB
2015-11-01 17:41:21 UTC
Spoilers for "The Zygon Invasion":

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Are any of the Coal Hill students or teachers Zygons?
Daniel60
2020-03-07 05:05:33 UTC
TB wrote on 1/11/2015 9:35 AM:
<Snip>
Post by TB
II: A wormhole connecting multiple universes opens at the school.
Or should that be ....

"A wormhole connecting *to* multiple *universities* opens at the school."
TB
2015-11-17 03:34:48 UTC
Class Plot: The children of Syrian and other Middle Eastern "migrants" attend Coal Hill school. They are teased and bullied by other children, who call them "terrorists" and worse. The resulting tensions energize the Evil Monster Of The Week. The EMOTW proceeds to stimulate the tensions. Soon, the students and teachers are engaged in fights to the death! Some do die, but then come back from the dead to continue the fight! Wounds heal rapidly, and weapons such as swords grow from the walls! Soon, the EMOTW spreads its influence outside the school. If it isn't stopped soon, all of London will be at war!

To save the day, the children must somehow be persuaded to stop fighting, and instead hug each other.
TB
2016-01-09 07:31:42 UTC
Plot Bunnies for "Class": Cyber terrorists (Cybermen who used to be human terrorists until Missy intervened) attack the school.

Zygons extremists infiltrate the school.

Syrian and Zygon refugees get bullied.

Students get lost in the 4th dimension.