S11E11
2019-01-09 11:34:16 UTC
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=

The Dalek in this story was entirely radio-operated.

According to Darren Fereday, the concept artist, the Dalek in this episode was fully robotic and thus radio-operated, requiring no Dalek operator inside the casing. Three separate systems controlled the eyestalk, the gunstick and manipulator arm, and the lights. He also noted that the melted Dalek made use of practical LED lighting.

I wonder if the radio controlled Dalek model could be converted into an actual weapon. (Attach actual gun or laser to gunstalk, open fire. Also install computer to make it autonomous).
s***@gmail.com
2019-01-09 12:20:55 UTC
You wonder some very strange things, Tim. The Dalek is a prop designed for a TV show. Nothing more, nothing less.
Timothy Bruening
2019-01-09 12:36:29 UTC
I envision upgrading the design to provide it with an autonomous computer and an actual gun. I see no reason in principle why it couldn't be done in the next few decades.
s***@gmail.com
2019-01-09 12:50:26 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Timothy Bruening
I wonder if the radio controlled Dalek model could be converted into an actual weapon. (Attach actual gun or laser to gunstalk, open fire. Also install computer to make it autonomous).
You wonder some very strange things, Tim. The Dalek is a prop designed for a TV show. Nothing more, nothing less.
I envision upgrading the design to provide it with an autonomous computer and an actual gun. I see no reason in principle why it couldn't be done in the next few decades.
There We Are Then.

Tell you what. Aggy's an expert at raising money and getting things done. He's done a fantastic job with his crowd funded production of Doctor Who. So perhaps he could raise you the funds you need to develop a prototype.
s***@gmail.com
2019-01-09 13:03:15 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Timothy Bruening
I wonder if the radio controlled Dalek model could be converted into an actual weapon. (Attach actual gun or laser to gunstalk, open fire. Also install computer to make it autonomous).
You wonder some very strange things, Tim. The Dalek is a prop designed for a TV show. Nothing more, nothing less.
I envision upgrading the design to provide it with an autonomous computer and an actual gun. I see no reason in principle why it couldn't be done in the next few decades.
Don't forget - Yads is a successful businessman. He could sponsor a project to build one. He's also a hardware and software expert so should be able to develop a prototype for you.

So with your ideas, Aggy's fundraising and project management skills, and Yads' expertise in, well just about everything, I think you owe it to fans of Doctor Who and the world in general to make this happen.
The Doctor
2019-01-09 16:05:27 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
You wonder some very strange things, Tim. The Dalek is a prop designed
for a TV show. Nothing more, nothing less.
I envision upgrading the design to provide it with an autonomous
computer and an actual gun. I see no reason in principle why it
couldn't be done in the next few decades.
Thank you Wilson for trolling Tim.
Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill, Surrey, England, UK
The Doctor
2019-01-09 16:03:29 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
The Dalek in this story was entirely radio-operated.
According to Darren Fereday, the concept artist, the Dalek in this
episode was fully robotic and thus radio-operated, requiring no Dalek
operator inside the casing. Three separate systems controlled the
eyestalk, the gunstick and manipulator arm, and the lights. He also
noted that the melted Dalek made use of practical LED lighting.
I wonder if the radio controlled Dalek model could be converted into an
actual weapon. (Attach actual gun or laser to gunstalk, open fire.
Also install computer to make it autonomous).
Well how would pre-10th Cetury vanquish a Dalek?
Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill, Surrey, England, UK
Timothy Bruening
I had in mind my upgraded BBC Dalek serving as a weapon in 21st century!
The Doctor
Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill, Surrey, England, UK
Timothy Bruening
I see no reason in principle why Earth couldn't construct weapons grade Daleks! I have read speculation of killer robots.
The Doctor
2019-01-11 16:22:38 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
The Dalek in this story was entirely radio-operated.
According to Darren Fereday, the concept artist, the Dalek in this
episode was fully robotic and thus radio-operated, requiring no Dalek
operator inside the casing. Three separate systems controlled the
eyestalk, the gunstick and manipulator arm, and the lights. He also
noted that the melted Dalek made use of practical LED lighting.
I wonder if the radio controlled Dalek model could be converted into an
actual weapon. (Attach actual gun or laser to gunstalk, open fire.
Also install computer to make it autonomous).
Well how would pre-10th Cetury vanquish a Dalek?
I had in mind my upgraded BBC Dalek serving as a weapon in 21st century!
No.
I see no reason in principle why Earth couldn't construct weapons grade
Daleks! I have read speculation of killer robots.
Hmm.. You want Earth to be overrun with Daleks?
Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill, Surrey, England, UK