S08E01 Deep Breath
Agamemnon
2014-08-23 21:44:52 UTC
New title sequence... Don't like it!

That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

CONTINUED<<<
The end titles seem to suggest so and I'm guessing the bouncing sound waves
are sampled from the theme music and hopefully in sync.
REVIEW<<<
Not bad for a regeneration story.

I was expecting it to be a bit more serious but it's probably been written
that way as a bridge between old and new. Will have to watch next week's
episode to see if the tone of the series has really changed as is being
claimed. I hope it's not going to be same old RTD style prating around but
with a darker Doctor that doesn't do hugs or kisses.

Was also expecting it to be a Dinosaur invasion story but it wasn't.

Obviously it was written to introduce some exposition into the character of
the new Doctor but the whole thing about the Doctor being mentally unstable
immediately after he regenerates has been done in the same way time and time
again and I'd hoped that the Doctor and Clara had just stepped out of the
TARDIS fully sane and their differences already overcome. That would have
left room for a more substantial plot and the story could have fitted into
just 45 minutes and would have given back another episode's worth from 80
minutes it ran at.

Was he pushed of did he jump? If he was pushed that would bring the Doctor
back full circle to William Hartnell in An Unearthly Child when he
encouraged someone to drop a rock on the cave man.

Who was the woman at the end? A regenerated version of River Song from the
computer, since she called the Doctor her boyfriend and 'paradise' might be
inside the computer too or the TARDIS incarnate again since she knew what
happened?

Sometimes I was longing to have Matt Smith back when Peter Capaldi went into
thick Glaswegian and started prating around as it doesn't suit him.
Hopefully that will be the last of it. When he's serious he's way better and
you don't notice his accent.

Like the fact that finally the Doctor and companion are getting split up and
you can't be sure if he will come back and save her and she has to try to
save herself.

Like the new costume. Maybe there will be a cravat in addition to it in the
near future. Who knows.

Wasn't expecting the surprise at the end, but it was obvious who it would be
the moment Clara's phone rang.

10/10

Also enjoyed the Doctor Who Extra episode on iPlayer.
The Doctor
2014-08-23 21:52:31 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Take that PJR!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
22 Sept 2014 New Brunswick save the province vote Liberal!
Peter J Ross
2014-08-23 21:55:07 UTC
10/10
...after a "review" in which RADw's kookiest racist complained about
almost everything he noticed.
--
PJR :-)
... τὸ διδάξασθαι δέ τοι
κουφότεραι γὰρ ἀπειράτων φρένες. (Pindar)
The Doctor
2014-08-23 22:36:08 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
10/10
...after a "review" in which RADw's kookiest racist complained about
almost everything he noticed.
You are your flaming usual self.
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... τ᜞ ΎιΎάΟασΞαι Ύέ τοι
Agamemnon
2014-08-24 04:03:26 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
10/10
...after a "review" in which RADw's kookiest racist complained about
almost everything he noticed.
Yer right... So I'm a racist for not liking Capaldi's overblown Glaswegian
accent and yet Moffat isn't after using almost every crude Scottish
stereotype in the book, from always moaning about everything to eating bags
of chips.

Or are you still in a mood about Japbird and Welshbird. Like Moffat didn't
systematically proceed to racially attack the English, white people, men and
humans in general, one way or another, apes, monkeys, pink skins and call
everyone prejudiced. Or is it because you can't you understand sarcasm?
That's probably who you don't like Moffat or anyone that likes his work.
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... ?? ?????????? ?? ???
?????????? ??? ????????? ??????. (Pindar)
The Doctor
2014-08-24 12:21:24 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... ?? ?????????? ?? ???
The Doctor
2014-08-24 12:24:39 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... ?? ?????????? ?? ???
?????????? ??? ????????? ??????. (Pindar)
Good stuff Agamemnon. Put PJR in his place!
While I am at it imdb ratings 8.3/10 from 964 users
Stephen Wilson
2014-08-24 13:31:43 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... ?? ?????????? ?? ???
?????????? ??? ????????? ??????. (Pindar)
Good stuff Agamemnon. Put PJR in his place!
While I am at it imdb ratings 8.3/10 from 964 users
IMDB rates Midnight 8.8/10 from 2,592 users. So Midnight was a better
episode. Yes?
The Doctor
2014-08-24 14:19:03 UTC
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Peter J Ross
--
PJR :-)
... ?? ?????????? ?? ???
?????????? ??? ????????? ??????. (Pindar)
Good stuff Agamemnon. Put PJR in his place!
While I am at it imdb ratings 8.3/10 from 964 users
IMDB rates Midnight 8.8/10 from 2,592 users. So Midnight was a better
episode. Yes?
No and the votes are still coming in for Deep Breath.
TB
I thought that Scots were a nationality, not a race, so why would the phrase "racism" apply?
The Doctor
2016-04-08 16:02:41 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Peter J Ross
10/10
...after a "review" in which RADw's kookiest racist complained about
almost everything he noticed.
Yer right... So I'm a racist for not liking Capaldi's overblown Glaswegian
accent and yet Moffat isn't after using almost every crude Scottish
stereotype in the book, from always moaning about everything to eating bags
of chips.
I thought that Scots were a nationality, not a race, so why would the phrase "racism" apply?
For not liking the accent.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Manitoba ! Save your province in April! Vote Liberal!!
Malygris
2014-08-24 19:30:28 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
Me neither, but maybe we will get used to it. ;-)
Post by Agamemnon
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
Nice idea, I'm not to hopeful.
Post by Agamemnon
SPOILERS<<<

<snip>
Post by Agamemnon
Who was the woman at the end? A regenerated version of River Song from the
computer, since she called the Doctor her boyfriend and 'paradise' might
be inside the computer too or the TARDIS incarnate again since she knew
what happened?
It doesn't make sense if you think to much about it, but I thought it was
meant to be the "soul" of the Madame Pompadour-ship from The Girl in the
Fireplace. The Doctor of course was the boyfriend of the real human woman,
not the ship, but if the ship identified with the person and was, like the
one in this story, quite mad. Maybe it's something that will be picked up
later in the season, maybe it won't and we will never know.

All in all I enjoyed the episode more than the anniversary special and the
Christmas episode. Let's see how the rest of the season will develop. I'm
looking forward to seeing Capaldi in a "normal" story next week.
Malygris
Siri Crews
2014-08-25 05:41:05 UTC
Post by Malygris
It doesn't make sense if you think to much about it, but I thought it was
meant to be the "soul" of the Madame Pompadour-ship from The Girl in the
Except she was dressed for the 1890s instead of the 1790s.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Icke's razor: Given two equally plausible explanations, choose the weirder.
Malygris
2014-08-25 17:39:06 UTC
Post by Siri Crews
Post by Malygris
It doesn't make sense if you think to much about it, but I thought it was
meant to be the "soul" of the Madame Pompadour-ship from The Girl in the
Except she was dressed for the 1890s instead of the 1790s.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the less sensible my initial idea seems to
be.
Malygris
TB

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
The Doctor
2015-05-18 15:08:15 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
A Telsa Time field.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
UK! Vote LDem on 7 May 2015!!
TB

Invented by Telsa of Earth?
The Doctor
2016-04-08 16:06:05 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
A Telsa Time field.
Invented by Telsa of Earth?
Of concepted by Nicholas Tesla.
Daniel47
2015-05-24 04:19:34 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
Haven't you seen those episodes where Amy Pond/Captain Jack/whomever is
hanging out of or onto the TARDIS whilst the TARDIS is moving through
Time/Space??

Maybe if you/your Dinosaur are in contact with the TARDIS, or someone
else who is in contact with the TARDIS, you are safe!!

Daniel
TB
2015-05-24 05:38:50 UTC
Post by Daniel47
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
Haven't you seen those episodes where Amy Pond/Captain Jack/whomever is
hanging out of or onto the TARDIS whilst the TARDIS is moving through
Time/Space??
I have seen Clara hanging on the outside of the TARDIS. When has Amy hung on the outside of the TARDIS?
The dinosaur was a LOT bigger than a person! The TARDIS must have used a LOT of power to transport the dinosaur! I would have expected the TARDIS to refuse to transport something as large as the dinosaur, and instead dematerialize from inside it!
Daniel47
2015-05-31 13:21:58 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
Haven't you seen those episodes where Amy Pond/Captain Jack/whomever is
hanging out of or onto the TARDIS whilst the TARDIS is moving through
Time/Space??
I have seen Clara hanging on the outside of the TARDIS. When has Amy hung on the outside of the TARDIS?
I thought Amy had been hanging onto the outside .... or was she hang out
the door whilst holding onto The Doctor??
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Maybe if you/your Dinosaur are in contact with the TARDIS, or someone
else who is in contact with the TARDIS, you are safe!!
The dinosaur was a LOT bigger than a person! The TARDIS must have used a LOT of power to transport the dinosaur! I would have expected the TARDIS to refuse to transport something as large as the dinosaur, and instead dematerialize from inside it!
Perhaps the top layer of Human skin molecules are intermingling with the
top layer of Dino skin molecules .... making it to difficult to
dis-entangle!!

Daniel
TB

I had thought that the Doctor and Clara were both inside the TARDIS when the dinosaur ate it.
TB

The dinosaur was a lot bigger than any human. I'm amazed that the TARDIS had enough power to transport it!
The Doctor
2016-04-08 16:05:17 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by TB
Post by Agamemnon
New title sequence... Don't like it!
That said I think it's going to change every week to reflect the theme of
the show like the logo skin did last time. At least I hope it will.
SPOILERS<<<

How did the TARDIS transport an entire dinosaur forward in time at least 65 million years?
Haven't you seen those episodes where Amy Pond/Captain Jack/whomever is
hanging out of or onto the TARDIS whilst the TARDIS is moving through
Time/Space??
Maybe if you/your Dinosaur are in contact with the TARDIS, or someone
else who is in contact with the TARDIS, you are safe!!
The dinosaur was a lot bigger than any human. I'm amazed that the TARDIS had enough power to transport it!
The time field must have done the trick.
TB
2015-05-18 15:00:02 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33

The Doctor is in the TARDIS and disorientated from his regeneration. Suddenly, he hears a Sontaran voice demanding that he surrender for the glory of the Sontaran Empire. Why does the Doctor immediately open the door? How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the Sontaran was a friendly one?
solar penguin
2015-05-18 15:15:34 UTC
Post by TB
[...]
Because he's the Doctor. Hiding safely inside the TARDIS isn't usually
his style.
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
TB
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
solar penguin
2015-05-18 17:25:53 UTC
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
TB
2015-05-18 18:00:10 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How does the Doctor tell one Sontaran from another anyway? They all look alike to me!
Daniel47
2015-05-24 04:22:29 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
Maybe it never made it into the re-designed TARDIS!!

Daniel
TB
2015-05-24 05:40:09 UTC
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
During Season 8 last year, I saw a scanner on the TARDIS during "Listen"! It even showed an image from outside the TARDIS!
solar penguin
2015-05-24 09:30:01 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
Maybe it never made it into the re-designed TARDIS!!
During Season 8 last year, I saw a scanner on the TARDIS during
"Listen"! It even showed an image from outside the TARDIS!
Yes, he has a scanner. The Doctor just doesn't use it very much.
Perhaps it's not very reliable? Or perhaps he just prefers to be
surprised when he steps out?
TB
2015-05-24 15:56:25 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
Listen: I do remember the scanner going on the fritz just as the Doctor was about to greet an alien life form that likes to hide under beds.
Pudentame
2015-05-25 23:40:10 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2015 09:30:01 +0000 (UTC), solar penguin
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
Maybe it never made it into the re-designed TARDIS!!
During Season 8 last year, I saw a scanner on the TARDIS during
"Listen"! It even showed an image from outside the TARDIS!
Yes, he has a scanner. The Doctor just doesn't use it very much.
Perhaps it's not very reliable? Or perhaps he just prefers to be
surprised when he steps out?
Also consider that The Doctor was still going through
post-regeneration trauma and he might not have recognized ANY Sontaran
as hostile.

When the First Doctor is renewed as the Second Doctor, he's suspicious
of Ben & Polly; the Third Doctor doesn't recognize Lethbridge-Stewart
at first; the Fourth Doctor doesn't know Sarah Jane Smith ... the
Sixth tries to strangle Peri ...

The Eleventh Doctor promises Amelia that he will return in 5 minutes

And the latest incarnation starts trying out names from the Seven
Dwarfs in Strax (Sleepy? Bashful? Sneezy? Dopey? ... Grumpy.).

He calls Vastra & Jenny "The green one and the not green one" and
calls Clara "Thingy" & still isn't really convinced when Clara tells
him her name.

"... it might be Clara. Might not be. It's a lottery."

In all that confusion it's not so strange that he might forget about
the scanner.
TB
2015-05-26 22:30:09 UTC
Post by Pudentame
On Sun, 24 May 2015 09:30:01 +0000 (UTC), solar penguin
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
I had figured that the Doctor had merely misprogrammed the TARDIS.
It appears that the newly regenerated Doctor is often paranoid. Shouldn't that mean that he wouldn't open the door to anyone who demanded that he surrender to an empire?
TB
2016-06-07 19:20:39 UTC
Post by Pudentame
On Sun, 24 May 2015 09:30:01 +0000 (UTC), solar penguin
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
I would have expect his paranoia to cause him to be suspicious of Strax, and thus not open the door.
The Doctor
2016-06-07 20:37:01 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Pudentame
On Sun, 24 May 2015 09:30:01 +0000 (UTC), solar penguin
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
For a bit.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Language is the source of misunderstandings. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
TB
2016-06-07 19:12:13 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
I propose that the Doctor install a tiny hole in the door for him to look out of.
The Doctor
2016-06-07 20:37:29 UTC
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
Maybe it never made it into the re-designed TARDIS!!
During Season 8 last year, I saw a scanner on the TARDIS during
"Listen"! It even showed an image from outside the TARDIS!
Yes, he has a scanner. The Doctor just doesn't use it very much.
Perhaps it's not very reliable? Or perhaps he just prefers to be
surprised when he steps out?
I propose that the Doctor install a tiny hole in the door for him to look out of.
Hmm. Silence in the Library comes to mind.
TB
2016-06-08 14:12:37 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
Why does a hole in the TARDIS door bring that episode to your mind?
TB
2016-04-08 03:02:29 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
So why doesn't he use the scanner or gt it repaired?
The Doctor
2016-04-08 16:03:26 UTC
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
So why doesn't he use the scanner or gt it repaired?
Recall Attack of the Cybermen?
TB
2016-04-08 17:33:11 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
The Cybermen damaged the scanner so much that the Doctor hasn't gotten it repaired centuries later?
The Doctor
2016-04-08 20:03:15 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
So why doesn't he use the scanner or gt it repaired?
Recall Attack of the Cybermen?
The Cybermen damaged the scanner so much that the Doctor hasn't gotten it repaired centuries later?
Nope. In Attack of the Cybermen, the Doctor repaired the chameleon cirsuit
only to see the wonkiness that he never repaired it again.
TB
2016-04-09 01:17:15 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
So why doesn't he use the scanner or gt it repaired?
Recall Attack of the Cybermen?
The Cybermen damaged the scanner so much that the Doctor hasn't gotten it repaired centuries later?
Nope. In Attack of the Cybermen, the Doctor repaired the chameleon cirsuit
only to see the wonkiness that he never repaired it again.
But I was asking about the scanner, not the chameleon circuit! Why doesn't the Doctor use the scanner more, and get it repaired if its broken? Greater use of the scanner could save the Doctor's life!
Keith Cunningham
2016-04-09 09:04:51 UTC
Post by TB
But I was asking about the scanner, not the chameleon circuit! Why doesn't the Doctor use the scanner more, and get it repaired if its broken? Greater use of the scanner could save the Doctor's life!
Maybe that would spoil the stories.
He never gets properly killed anyway.
Timothy Bruening
2016-04-09 16:28:12 UTC
Shouldn't the Doctor demonstrate a modicum of caution? After all, he has a really long potential life span to protect!
The Doctor
2016-04-09 22:19:21 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Keith Cunningham
Post by TB
But I was asking about the scanner, not the chameleon circuit! Why doesn't the Doctor use the scanner more, and get it repaired if its broken? Greater use of the scanner could save the Doctor's life!
Maybe that would spoil the stories.
He never gets properly killed anyway.
Shouldn't the Doctor demonstrate a modicum of caution? After all, he has a really long potential life span to protect!
You might have apoint.
The Doctor
2016-04-09 12:05:32 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
Depending on interference.
Timothy Bruening
2016-04-09 16:29:03 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
Are you fearful that an enemy might hack the scanner and thus lead the Doctor into a trap?
The Doctor
2016-04-09 22:20:27 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
That is quite possible.
TB
2016-04-09 01:18:30 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
What did he find wonky about the repaired chameleon circuit?
The Doctor
2016-04-09 12:06:15 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he
might never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He doesn't use the scanner very much in NuWho at all. Maybe it's not
working properly? Or he's just lost interest in it?
So why doesn't he use the scanner or gt it repaired?
Recall Attack of the Cybermen?
The Cybermen damaged the scanner so much that the Doctor hasn't gotten it repaired centuries later?
Nope. In Attack of the Cybermen, the Doctor repaired the chameleon cirsuit
only to see the wonkiness that he never repaired it again.
What did he find wonky about the repaired chameleon circuit?
REcall the TARDIS was not behaving correctly.
Timothy Bruening
2016-04-09 16:23:15 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
So repairing the chameleon circuit damaged the TARDIS, so the Doctor had to unrepair that circuit?
The Doctor
2016-04-09 22:19:56 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
Nope, the falut restored itself back to a Police Box.
TB
2016-04-10 01:46:13 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
Why couldn't the Doctor just tell the TARDIS to return to being a falut?
The Doctor
2016-04-10 12:12:07 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
Nope, the fault restored itself back to a Police Box.
Why couldn't the Doctor just tell the TARDIS to return to being a fault?
All ready done.
Timothy Bruening
2016-04-10 02:13:36 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
What's a falut?
The Doctor
2016-04-10 12:15:41 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
What's a fault?
Fixed.
TB
2016-04-10 17:27:02 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
If the Chameleon circuit had been fixed, then where was the fault that forced the Doctor to unrepair that circuit?
Timothy Bruening
2016-04-10 17:48:38 UTC
If a T-Rex were completely burned, wouldn't the heat boil the part of the Themes it was in and set fire to both river banks?
The Doctor
2016-04-10 22:17:58 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
1
1
1
1
1
1
12
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
33
[...]
The fault is that the TARDIS is still looking like a Police Box.
The Doctor
2015-05-18 21:18:05 UTC
Post by TB
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
Couldn't he just use the TARDIS scanner?
He was that disorientated.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
UK! Vote LDem on 7 May 2015!!
The Doctor
2015-05-18 21:17:39 UTC
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
He may have guessed when he was.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
UK! Vote LDem on 7 May 2015!!
Daniel47
2015-05-24 04:25:46 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
He may have guessed when he was.
I was going to correct you ... "where he was", but no, we are discussing
the Doctor, so maybe "when he was" is right!!

Daniel
The Doctor
2015-05-24 12:38:47 UTC
Post by Daniel47
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
He may have guessed when he was.
I was going to correct you ... "where he was", but no, we are discussing
the Doctor, so maybe "when he was" is right!!
Daniel
You got the idea!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
UK! Vote LDem on 7 May 2015!!
TB
2015-05-24 16:03:57 UTC
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

The clockwork robots had killed and immolated 9 people in the past month. I doubt that 9 people could provide enough skin for the head robot's getaway balloon. (Did the dinosaur contribute its skin?) I also doubt that human skin would be strong enough.
TB
If I were the Doctor, and heard a Sontaran demand that I surrender for the glory of the Sontaran Empire, I wouldn't open the TARDIS door!
solar penguin
2015-05-20 17:34:34 UTC
You're not the Doctor.
TB
2015-05-20 22:51:59 UTC
The Doctor was feeling unwell. I assumed that he wouldn't open the door for someone he didn't recognize, so I wondered how he recognized Strax in his delirium.
The Doctor
2015-05-21 00:41:33 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
If I were the Doctor, and heard a Sontaran demand that I surrender for
the glory of the Sontaran Empire, I wouldn't open the TARDIS door!
You're not the Doctor.
You are definitely not the Doctor.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
UK! Vote LDem on 7 May 2015!!
Mr.Smartypants
Neither are you.
TB
Would any of you open the TARDIS door to a Sontaran?
The Doctor
2015-05-27 01:34:10 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Mr.Smartypants
Post by The Doctor
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
If I were the Doctor, and heard a Sontaran demand that I surrender for
the glory of the Sontaran Empire, I wouldn't open the TARDIS door!
You're not the Doctor.
You are definitely not the Doctor.
--
Neither are you.
Would any of you open the TARDIS door to a Sontaran?
I might.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
UK! Vote LDem on 7 May 2015!!
TB
How do you completely burn up a dinosaur?
Timothy Bruening
Nor are you John F Kennedy.
The Doctor
2016-04-10 22:19:29 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Mr.Smartypants
Post by The Doctor
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
If I were the Doctor, and heard a Sontaran demand that I surrender for
the glory of the Sontaran Empire, I wouldn't open the TARDIS door!
You're not the Doctor.
You are definitely not the Doctor.
--
Neither are you.
Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati occultic anti-Semitic bigot
Mr.Smartypants . Mr.SmartyPants is a luser lurker stalker.
Post by Timothy Bruening
Nor are you John F Kennedy.
Good one!
Daniel47
2016-04-11 14:40:46 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Mr.Smartypants
Post by The Doctor
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
If I were the Doctor, and heard a Sontaran demand that I surrender for
the glory of the Sontaran Empire, I wouldn't open the TARDIS door!
You're not the Doctor.
You are definitely not the Doctor.
--
Neither are you.
Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati occultic anti-Semitic bigot
Mr.Smartypants . Mr.SmartyPants is a luser lurker stalker.
So are you saying, doctor, that MSP *IS* The Doctor?

Daniel
The Doctor
2016-04-11 21:56:41 UTC
Post by Daniel47
Post by The Doctor
Post by Mr.Smartypants
Post by The Doctor
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
If I were the Doctor, and heard a Sontaran demand that I surrender for
the glory of the Sontaran Empire, I wouldn't open the TARDIS door!
You're not the Doctor.
You are definitely not the Doctor.
--
Neither are you.
Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati occultic anti-Semitic bigot
Mr.Smartypants . Mr.SmartyPants is a luser lurker stalker.
So are you saying, doctor, that MSP *IS* The Doctor?
Daniel
No. MSP denies the WWII Holocaust ever happened.
Timothy Bruening
It strikes me as being very risky to open the door to an aggressive sounding Sontaran while sick from one's regeneration!
The Doctor
2016-04-10 22:18:58 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
It strikes me as being very risky to open the door to an aggressive
sounding Sontaran while sick from one's regeneration!
Well he was that unstable.
TB
2016-06-07 18:50:01 UTC
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
[...]
It should be his style when he is sick and disorientated!
That's what he should use his scanner for!
The Doctor
2016-06-07 20:36:25 UTC
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
[...]
Tenth doctor comes to mind.
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
That's what he should use his scanner for!
Well we know what happened in Depp Breathe.
Daniel47
2016-06-10 13:10:55 UTC
<Snip>
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
That's what he should use his scanner for!
Well we know what happened in Depp Breathe.
"Depp Breathe" .... Is that something that starred Johnny Depp??

Don't see any Dr Who content in that!!

Daniel
TB
Johnny Depp for Doctor!
The Doctor
2016-06-10 14:42:52 UTC
Post by TB
Post by Daniel47
<Snip>
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by solar penguin
Post by TB
How could he know so quickly in his disoriented state that the
Sontaran was a friendly one?
Maybe he didn't. But unless he opened the door and had a look, he might
never know for sure.
That's what he should use his scanner for!
Well we know what happened in Depp Breathe.
"Depp Breathe" .... Is that something that starred Johnny Depp??
Don't see any Dr Who content in that!!
Johnny Depp for Doctor!
Good one TB ;-)
TB
2016-06-27 21:12:55 UTC
I am amazed that the TARDIS didn't overload when it tried to haul an entire T-Rex 65 million years forwards in time!
Daniel47
2016-06-28 09:34:18 UTC
Post by TB
I am amazed that the TARDIS didn't overload when it tried to haul an
entire T-Rex 65 million years forwards in time!
Well, the TARDIS is powered by a Black Hole or whatever!! Plenty of Oomph!!

Daniel
Tim Bruening
2016-06-28 16:01:24 UTC
Why didn't it just leave the dinosaur behind?
The Other Doctor
Because the writer didn't want it to.
Tim Bruening
Why didn't the writer want it to?
The Doctor
2017-02-05 13:18:48 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Daniel47
Post by TB
I am amazed that the TARDIS didn't overload when it tried to haul an
entire T-Rex 65 million years forwards in time!
Well, the TARDIS is powered by a Black Hole or whatever!! Plenty of Oomph!!
Why didn't it just leave the dinosaur behind?
Because the writer didn't want it to.
Why didn't the writer want it to?
The burn up scene. Remember?
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
God is dead! Yahweh lives! Jesus his only begotten Son is the Risen Saviour!!
Tim Bruening
2017-02-05 16:59:27 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Daniel47
Post by TB
I am amazed that the TARDIS didn't overload when it tried to haul an
entire T-Rex 65 million years forwards in time!
Well, the TARDIS is powered by a Black Hole or whatever!! Plenty of Oomph!!
Why didn't it just leave the dinosaur behind?
Because the writer didn't want it to.
Why didn't the writer want it to?
The burn up scene. Remember?
Then the writer needs to provide some sort of technobabble explanation for why the TARDIS couldn't just dematerialize from inside the dinosaur and leave it behind.
TB
2016-04-08 02:56:20 UTC
So the clockwork robots completely immolate a T-Rex to conceal the fact that they took its optic nerve. That would take a LOT of heat! What effect did the heat associated with the immolation of the T-Rex have on its surroundings?
The Doctor
2016-04-08 16:01:42 UTC
Post by TB
So the clockwork robots completely immolate a T-Rex to conceal the fact
that they took its optic nerve. That would take a LOT of heat! What effect
did the heat associated with the immolation of the T-Rex have on its
surroundings?
Not much given those bots.
Daniel47
2016-04-11 14:43:11 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
So the clockwork robots completely immolate a T-Rex to conceal the fact
that they took its optic nerve. That would take a LOT of heat! What effect
did the heat associated with the immolation of the T-Rex have on its
surroundings?
Not much given those bots.
Which bots were they, doctor??

Daniel
The Doctor
TB
2016-06-07 19:22:32 UTC
Post by TB
So the clockwork robots completely immolate a T-Rex to conceal the fact that they took its optic nerve. That would take a LOT of heat! What effect did the heat associated with the immolation of the T-Rex have on its surroundings?
Why would they expect anyone to inspect the dinosaur corpse closely enough to notice the missing optic nerve?

Why didn't they take anything else?
The Doctor
2016-06-07 20:38:08 UTC
Post by TB
Post by TB
So the clockwork robots completely immolate a T-Rex to conceal the fact that they took its optic nerve. That would take a LOT of heat! What effect did the heat associated with the immolation of the T-Rex have on its surroundings?
Why would they expect anyone to inspect the dinosaur corpse closely enough
to notice the missing optic nerve?
Why didn't they take anything else?
Such robots are miswired.
solar penguin
2016-06-10 13:45:35 UTC
Post by TB
Why would they expect anyone to inspect the dinosaur corpse closely
enough to notice the missing optic nerve?
Because it's a dinosaur corpse! Biologists will want to dissect it
to find out more about dinosaurs.