Ping Agamemnon
2019-05-05 10:01:42 UTC
I was out and about, today, actually on my way to the Baptism of my
Great-Nephew, when I saw a bill-board advertising a play/film of "The
Women of Troy" by Euripides.

Women!! What was he thinking?? They count for nothing, don't they?? ;-)
e***@hotmail.com
2019-05-05 10:29:26 UTC
(Quote)
Women!! What was he thinking?? They count for nothing, don't they?? ;-)
(End Quote)

Don't be silly! We need them to fawn over the men, and be rescued.
The True Doctor
2019-05-05 15:47:50 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
(Quote)
Women!! What was he thinking?? They count for nothing, don't they?? ;-)
(End Quote)
Don't be silly! We need them to fawn over the men, and be rescued.
Of course we do. There's nothing wrong with a man rescuing a women from
peril and her falling in love with him. We're not all lesbian feminist
bigots that want to spoil other people's enjoyment because they can't
get any of their own.
e***@hotmail.com

When it's the only identity women are allowed to have, it gets old after awhile.
The True Doctor
2019-05-05 17:31:19 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
(Quote)
Of course we do. There's nothing wrong with a man rescuing a women from
peril and her falling in love with him. We're not all lesbian feminist
bigots that want to spoil other people's enjoyment because they can't
get any of their own.
(End Quote)
When it's the only identity women are allowed to have, it gets old after awhile.
Who says it's the only identity women are allowed to have? And even if
it were, it's the identity most women want to identify with. Why should
they all be forced to identify with a bunch of vindictive lesbian
feminist bigots.
e***@hotmail.com
2019-05-05 20:20:09 UTC
(Quote)
Who says it's the only identity women are allowed to have? And even if
it were, it's the identity most women want to identify with. Why should
they all be forced to identify with a bunch of vindictive lesbian
feminist bigots.
(End Quote)

You do. You make it clear that any other use of female characters is wrong.

If this was how women wanted to be represented, you'd see more female writers following this lead.

You don't want them forced into "a," but insist they WANT to be forced into "b."

BTW, exactly how many women have you spoken to about their role in literature to be able to say what they "want?"
The True Doctor
2019-05-05 21:38:47 UTC
(Quote) Who says it's the only identity women are allowed to have?
And even if it were, it's the identity most women want to identify
with. Why should they all be forced to identify with a bunch of
vindictive lesbian feminist bigots. (End Quote)
You do. You make it clear that any other use of female characters is wrong.
No. What I make clear is that both men and women prefer beautiful female
characters who are rescued from peril by handsome male heroes. It's been
that way in literature since long before Lancelot recused Gwenavir,
Saint George rescued that princess from a dragon, Herakles rescued
Hessione, and Perseus rescued Andromeda. After that they want beautiful
female characters falling in love and eloping with handsome male heroes,
and it's been that way since Jason and Medea, and then after that they
want to read about female characters that desire being possessed by men,
and it's been like that since the Iliad by Homer.
If this was how women wanted to be represented, you'd see more female
writers following this lead.
Female writers can only write children's stories. They can't write
romance, especially romance for adults. The best writers have always
been men, and we know that what women want because those are the writers
women prefer.
You don't want them forced into "a," but insist they WANT to be forced into "b."
This isn't about forcing women into anything. Both men and women prefer
the kind of literature I have described above. They don't get any
enjoyment from the lesbian feminist bigotry the minority of PC lunatics
are trying ton impose on everyone.
BTW, exactly how many women have you spoken to about their role in
literature to be able to say what they "want?"
I have spoken to women who have read and enjoyed the Gor novels by John
Norman, and who have also role played Gor, and these include university
professors, dozens of them.
The Doctor
Newfoundland on 16 May 2019, do not vote PC nor NDP!
e***@hotmail.com
2019-05-05 23:02:18 UTC
(Quote)
Post by e***@hotmail.com
BTW, exactly how many women have you spoken to about their role in
literature to be able to say what they "want?"
I have spoken to women who have read and enjoyed the Gor novels by John
Norman, and who have also role played Gor, and these include university
professors, dozens of them.
(End Quote)

I find it difficult to believe you.

Women have discovered that, like men, they too want strong role models that they can look up to and admire. A character whose only job in the story is to look good and get into peril so a man can rescue her is not that character.

One of my favorite Dr. Who moments had Sarah Jane Smith find the Doctor in a cell.

DOCTOR: What do you think you're doing?

SARAH: Rescuing YOU, for a change!

"Return of the Jedi" received a lot of criticism for putting Princess Leia in the "pulp fiction" bass bikini, but she was no victim, she was an integral part of the plan, smashing the controls and strangling Jabba the Hutt.

"Die Another Day," Jynx DID need Bond to rescue her a couple of times, but she still gave as good as she got.

We're never going to come to an agreement on this. You are never going to understand that there are women who aren't eye candy and who want to have more say in their destinies. And maybe they want to see female characters like them!
%
who cares what they want as long as we can bang em
solar penguin
2019-05-06 07:37:19 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
(Quote)
Post by e***@hotmail.com
BTW, exactly how many women have you spoken to about their role in
literature to be able to say what they "want?"
I have spoken to women who have read and enjoyed the Gor novels by
John Norman, and who have also role played Gor, and these include
university professors, dozens of them.
(End Quote)
I find it difficult to believe you.
I find it difficult to believe Aggy has spoken to dozens of women, or
even just dozens of people.
The True Doctor
2019-05-06 08:04:50 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
(Quote)
Post by e***@hotmail.com
BTW, exactly how many women have you spoken to about their role in
literature to be able to say what they "want?"
I have spoken to women who have read and enjoyed the Gor novels by
John Norman, and who have also role played Gor, and these include
university professors, dozens of them. (End Quote)
I find it difficult to believe you.
Then I suggest you visit Second Life which is full of Gor based
roleplay/combat sims.
Post by e***@hotmail.com
Women have discovered that, like men, they too want strong role
models that they can look up to and admire.
And they have them in masculine heroes rescuing damsels in distress.
They don't want women acting and behaving like lesbian feminist bitches
who despise all men.
A character whose only
Post by e***@hotmail.com
job in the story is to look good and get into peril so a man can
rescue her is not that character.
She has the additional role of getting the man to fall in love with her.
That's what appeals to women. It might not appeal to lesbian feminists,
but it appeals to normal straight women who admire men.
Post by e***@hotmail.com
One of my favorite Dr. Who moments had Sarah Jane Smith find the Doctor in a cell.
DOCTOR: What do you think you're doing?
SARAH: Rescuing YOU, for a change!
Which implies that most of the time Sarah Jane served her main function
of being their to ask questions, get into trouble, and wait to be
rescued. That's what made Doctor Who appealing. You know the Doctor
could look after himself, but he always had to look after his companion
as well which was not as easy.
Post by e***@hotmail.com
"Return of the Jedi" received a lot of criticism for putting Princess
Leia in the "pulp fiction" bass bikini, but she was no victim, she
Pulp Fiction came out in the 90s, long after RotD. The scene from Return
of the Jedi was based on one from ERB's A Princess of Mars, and in that
story Deja Thoris, unlike Whittaker was written as a scientist, not an
arrogant, hysterical, northern bimbo.
Post by e***@hotmail.com
was an integral part of the plan, smashing the controls and
strangling Jabba the Hutt.
Strangling Jabba with that heavy chain had no physical credibility since
most of the energy would have gone into overcoming the weight of the
chain, rather than into Jabba's throat; unless of couse Leia was using
the force, but at the time she didn't know she was Luke's sister, not
had any training.
Post by e***@hotmail.com
"Die Another Day," Jynx DID need Bond to rescue her a couple of
times, but she still gave as good as she got.
We're never going to come to an agreement on this. You are never
going to understand that there are women who aren't eye candy and who
want to have more say in their destinies. And maybe they want to see
Those women are not representative of the majority of women. Women
desire to look attractive to men, not to be men. Women wish to be
famine, not masculine. Women's destinies are to find and marry an
eligible man, not a macho women. Even Jane Austen figured that one out
in the first line of Pride and Prejudice.
Post by e***@hotmail.com
female characters like them!
Like an arrogant, hysterical, northern bimbo, gazing all the time at her
dildo? Women don't want that. They want a man to love them and rescue
them from peril, and for them to care for him and nurse his battle wounds.
%
so do you
Timothy Bruening
Old hat?
The Doctor
Newfoundland on 16 May 2019, do not vote PC nor NDP!
Mike M
2019-05-05 15:22:20 UTC
I was out and about, today, actually on my way to the Baptism of my
Great-Nephew, when I saw a bill-board advertising a play/film of "The
Women of Troy" by Euripides.
Women!! What was he thinking?? They count for nothing, don't they?? ;-)
Ping Agamemnon? What kind of fool would ping Agamemnon?
--
Save r.a.dw! Killfile Aggy. Killfile Yads. Killfile Tim B. Killfile %.
Discommendation is the only solution.
The Doctor
2019-05-05 17:49:25 UTC
Post by Mike M
Post by Daniel60
I was out and about, today, actually on my way to the Baptism of my
Great-Nephew, when I saw a bill-board advertising a play/film of "The
Women of Troy" by Euripides.
Women!! What was he thinking?? They count for nothing, don't they?? ;-)
Ping Agamemnon? What kind of fool would ping Agamemnon?
No fool.
Post by Mike M
--
Save r.a.dw! Killfile Aggy. Killfile Yads. Killfile Tim B. Killfile %.
Discommendation is the only solution.
Discommendate Whittaker and Chibnall!
Newfoundland on 16 May 2019, do not vote PC nor NDP!
s***@gmail.com
2019-05-05 18:26:01 UTC
You don't even know what the word "discommendate" means, Yads.
The Doctor
2019-05-05 22:00:00 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by The Doctor
Post by Mike M
Save r.a.dw! Killfile Aggy. Killfile Yads. Killfile Tim B. Killfile %.
Discommendation is the only solution.
Discommendate Whittaker and Chibnall!
You don't even know what the word "discommendate" means, Yads.
Discommendate Wilson as Well!
Newfoundland on 16 May 2019, do not vote PC nor NDP!
The True Doctor
2019-05-05 15:41:12 UTC
I was out and about, today, actually on my way to the Baptism of my
Great-Nephew, when I saw a bill-board advertising a play/film of "The
Women of Troy" by Euripides.
Women!! What was he thinking?? They count for nothing, don't they?? ;-)
The same question was asked by Aristophanes. Read 'The Frogs' and you'll
find out.