S09E11 Heaven Sent
2018-03-13 13:20:40 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
Timothy Bruening
2018-03-13 14:23:21 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
The Doctor
2018-03-13 15:38:57 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
It is a Confession dial.
Life is a long lesson in humility. -James M. Barrie
Daniel60
2018-05-16 13:48:40 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
It is a Confession dial.
So, What?? As long as you are in the Confession Dial, slaving your guts
out, day in, day out, for billions of years, you never get hungry??
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
Daniel60
2018-05-17 07:49:44 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
It is a Confession dial.
So, What?? As long as you are in the Confession Dial, slaving your guts
out, day in, day out, for billions of years, you never get hungry??
And recompiling.
Re-compiling what, idiot??
He will live ill who does not know how to die well. -Seneca
The Doctor
2018-03-13 15:38:26 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
Life is a long lesson in humility. -James M. Barrie
Daniel60
2018-05-16 13:45:50 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??

He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
2018-05-16 21:29:50 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
He is in his Confession Dial.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
Daniel60
2018-05-17 07:48:38 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
He is in his Confession Dial.
So what, idiot?? Do Time Lords in Confession Dials not speak Gallofreyan??
2018-05-17 15:12:22 UTC
Daniel demanded...
Post by Daniel60
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking
to himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot
be using the TARDIS translation circuitry!!
It's either ...

A. the same TV translation convention that had Time Lords seeming
to speak English in The Deadly Assassin despite no human companions
to translate for in either story.

or ...

B. proof that the TARDIS translator circuits are only needed for
companions, while Time Lords' latent telepathic powers allow their
speech to be translated naturally.

(or both!)
Daniel60
2018-05-18 06:31:48 UTC
Daniel demanded...
Post by Daniel60
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking
to himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot
be using the TARDIS translation circuitry!!
It's either ...
A. the same TV translation convention that had Time Lords seeming
to speak English in The Deadly Assassin despite no human companions
to translate for in either story.
or ...
B. proof that the TARDIS translator circuits are only needed for
companions, while Time Lords' latent telepathic powers allow their
speech to be translated naturally.
(or both!)
Both valid points, SP.
Enabling the Doctor to understand Judoon?
The Doctor
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding. -H. H. Williams
Pudentame
2018-05-24 01:21:27 UTC
On Wed, 16 May 2018 23:45:50 +1000, Daniel60
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
The tale of the bird that chips away at the mountain until it's worn
completely away is an EARTH "fairy tale", so it's reasonable The
Doctor would leave himself a clue in an EARTH language.
Daniel60
2018-05-24 11:32:48 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language  ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
O.K., I'll ask the question!!! Is the TARDIS' "translation circuitry"
actually used in the re-generation process! (I don't know why I've
joined those two into the one process!!)

I don't know.
The Doctor
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Timothy Bruening
How do you know what I know?
The Doctor
2018-07-21 20:43:53 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language  ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
O.K., I'll ask the question!!! Is the TARDIS' "translation circuitry"
actually used in the re-generation process! (I don't know why I've
joined those two into the one process!!)
LOL!
I don't know.
Doubt that.
How do you know what I know?
You missed the irony.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-22 10:25:01 UTC
In article
In article
Post by Timothy Bruening
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than
Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be
speaking to himself in his native language ...
Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so
cannot be using The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
O.K., I'll ask the question!!! Is the TARDIS' "translation
circuitry" actually used in the re-generation process! (I
don't know why I've joined those two into the one process!!)
LOL!
I don't know.
Doubt that.
How do you know what I know?
You missed the irony.
What "irony", idiot??
2018-09-28 17:20:51 UTC
When the Veil comes up behind the Doctor in Room 12, why doesn't the Doctor attack it using his Venusian karate skills?
The Doctor
2018-09-28 19:53:25 UTC
When the Veil comes up behind the Doctor in Room 12, why doesn't the
Doctor attack it using his Venusian karate skills?
He is focused on the diamond barrier.
Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
Timothy Bruening
2018-09-28 22:30:40 UTC
Can't he multitask?
The Doctor
Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
Timothy Bruening
2018-09-29 01:05:42 UTC
I had the impression that the Doctor was aware of the Veil's presence in the room, so could have made ready to fight, or at least duck so his head wouldn't get fried!
The Doctor
Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
Timothy Bruening
I heard him explaining about long lived birds wearing down mountains to the Veil!
The Doctor
Quebec votez contre le PQ et le QS des 1 October 2018!
Timothy Bruening
Bird stops by every century to rub beak on mountain. Time taken to wear down mountain is 1st second of eternity.
The Doctor
Merry Christmas 2018 and Happy New Year 2019!!
Timothy Bruening
The Doctor would need to know that the Veil was THERE to tell it about the bird!
The Doctor
2019-04-07 00:41:36 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
have made ready to fight, or at least duck so his head wouldn't
get fried!
no.
I heard him explaining about long lived birds wearing down mountains to the Veil!
Context?
Bird stops by every century to rub beak on mountain. Time taken to wear
down mountain is 1st second of eternity.
In a billion years.
The Doctor would need to know that the Veil was THERE to tell it about the bird!
Ever heard of reset?
Alberta on 16 April 2019, do not vote UCP, FCP nor NDP!
Timothy Bruening
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about birds to what he thought was an empty room?
The Doctor
2019-04-07 01:21:57 UTC
On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:53:27 PM UTC-7, The
Post by The Doctor
Ever heard of reset?
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about
birds to what he thought was an empty room?
And 'die' in the process.
Alberta on 16 April 2019, do not vote UCP, FCP nor NDP!
Timothy Bruening
Not if he ducks the Veil and judos it!
The Doctor
2019-04-07 01:34:20 UTC
In article
Post by The Doctor
Ever heard of reset?
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about
birds to what he thought was an empty room?
And 'die' in the process.
Not if he ducks the Veil and judos it!
He is concentrating on the diamond mountain.
Alberta on 16 April 2019, do not vote UCP, FCP nor NDP!
Timothy Bruening
Why is he babbling about birds if his entire focu is on the Wall?
Timothy Bruening
I had expected that someone with the Doctor's extraordinary survival skills would be on the lookout for enemies no matter what he's doing!
The Doctor
2019-06-05 03:00:51 UTC
On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 5:52:29 AM UTC-7, The
In article
On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 8:53:48 PM UTC-7, The
In article
Post by The Doctor
Ever heard of reset?
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about
birds to what he thought was an empty room?
And 'die' in the process.
Not if he ducks the Veil and judos it!
He is concentrating on the diamond mountain.
I had expected that someone with the Doctor's extraordinary survival
skills would be on the lookout for enemies no matter what he's doing!
Not in this case.
When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. -Henry J. Kaiser
Timothy Bruening
How does the reset cause the Doctor to babble about birds wearing down mountains to an empty room?
The Doctor
2019-06-05 03:01:17 UTC
In article
Post by The Doctor
Ever heard of reset?
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about
birds to what he thought was an empty room?
And 'die' in the process.
How does the reset cause the Doctor to babble about birds wearing down
mountains to an empty room?
Just a hint to self.
When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. -Henry J. Kaiser
Timothy Bruening
Empty room being the one with the wall, not the one with the teleporter.
The Doctor
2019-06-06 12:05:30 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Ever heard of reset?
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about
birds to what he thought was an empty room?
And 'die' in the process.
How does the reset cause the Doctor to babble about birds wearing down
mountains to an empty room?
Just a hint to self.
Empty room being the one with the wall, not the one with the teleporter.
As he rematerialises.
Joy is not in things; it is in us. -Richard Wagner
Timothy Bruening
I was typing about the Doctor babbling in Rm 12 (with the very hard wall) about long lived birds as the Veil walked up behind him, and you seemed to say that he thought that Rm 12 was empty of anyone but the Doctor (which would explain his lack of vigilance). I wondered why the Doctor would be talking to what he THOUGHT was an empty Rm 12.
The Doctor
2019-06-06 12:27:29 UTC
On Thursday, 6/12/18 in DD/MM/YY at 2:27:48 PM UTC-8, The
In article
Post by The Doctor
Ever heard of reset?
Yes. You say that the reset would cause the Doctor to babble about
birds to what he thought was an empty room?
And 'die' in the process.
How does the reset cause the Doctor to babble about birds wearing down
mountains to an empty room?
Just a hint to self.
Empty room being the one with the wall, not the one with the teleporter.
As he rematerialises.
I was typing about the Doctor babbling in Rm 12 (with the very hard
wall) about long lived birds as the Veil walked up behind him, and you
seemed to say that he thought that Rm 12 was empty of anyone but the
Doctor (which would explain his lack of vigilance). I wondered why the
Doctor would be talking to what he THOUGHT was an empty Rm 12.
Ever heard of if then else?
Joy is not in things; it is in us. -Richard Wagner
solar penguin
2019-06-06 16:22:59 UTC
On 06/06/2019 13:21, Tim typed...
Post by Timothy Bruening
I was typing about the Doctor babbling in Rm 12 (with the very hard
wall) about long lived birds as the Veil walked up behind him, and
you seemed to say that he thought that Rm 12 was empty of anyone but
the Doctor (which would explain his lack of vigilance). I wondered
why the Doctor would be talking to what he THOUGHT was an empty Rm
12.
The Doctor talks to himself at other times too.
It's just something he does.
The Doctor
2019-06-06 21:17:28 UTC
On 06/06/2019 13:21, Tim typed...
Post by Timothy Bruening
I was typing about the Doctor babbling in Rm 12 (with the very hard
wall) about long lived birds as the Veil walked up behind him, and
you seemed to say that he thought that Rm 12 was empty of anyone but
the Doctor (which would explain his lack of vigilance). I wondered
why the Doctor would be talking to what he THOUGHT was an empty Rm
12.
The Doctor talks to himself at other times too.
It's just something he does.
Naturally.
Joy is not in things; it is in us. -Richard Wagner