2018 Doctor Spotting
2018-07-12 13:29:37 UTC
I record some stuff to my PVR so that, if I get bored, I've got
something to watch. Today, I recorded "Will any Gentlemen",
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046551/?ref_=nv_sr_1, and, as I was
watching, I thought "He looks familiar ... a younger .... Doctor Who!"
and then I recalled seeing, in the opening credits, "William Hartnell".

It didn't seem to match, but then this film was made in 1953, ten years
before he became The Doctor, still didn't quite seem right ....

Then, later in the film, there was a Police Inspector character
introduced and he seemed a much better match for the first Doctor build
wise!

So then I had to keep watching, until the closing credits, to see that
Jon Pertwee (The 4th Doctor) was also in the film. He was a much easier
match for the main'ish character, even with being well more than ten
years younger, sixteen/seventeen years younger than we are used to
seeing him!!

So, Two Doctors, First and Fourth, from the one film!! And George Cole
and Sid James as bonuses!!
2018-07-12 13:34:25 UTC
[...]
s/Jon Pertwee (The 4th Doctor)/Jon Pertwee (The 3rd Doctor).
2018-07-12 13:49:40 UTC
[...]
Hmm!! And in researching my post, I came across "Doctor Who:Devious",
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5130152/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1, which gives
the storyline "Something has gone wrong, at the moment of regeneration
from his Second to his Third incarnation The Doctor is pulled out of
time by a group of timelords.".

I think that is the situation between 2nd Doctor and 3rd Doctor, and
Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee are both listed as Cast, but well down
the list.

And, apparently, the Film was released on 5 July, 2018, i.e. *Last Week*
so does anyone know anything about this??
2018-07-12 14:07:29 UTC
Google (or Duckduckgo) is your friend, Daniel. https://www.doctorwho-devious.com/news/can-we-join
Daniel60
2018-07-13 14:31:14 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Google (or Duckduckgo) is your friend, Daniel.
https://www.doctorwho-devious.com/news/can-we-join
Thanks, Stephen.
Who then send Doctor 2 on a series of missions (Season 6b)?
The Doctor
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
The Doctor
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-13 14:32:41 UTC
[...]
Daniel
s/*/&/g
What's that supposed to mean, idiot??
2018-07-13 15:44:22 UTC
[...]
More that just one occurence in this case.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-14 13:08:16 UTC
[...]
So, let me guess. You haven't got a clue what it's supposed to mean
either, idiot??
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-15 13:25:07 UTC
[...]
How well do you know sed?
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-15 14:58:26 UTC
[...]
Doctor). -- Daniel
s/*/&/g
What's that supposed to mean, idiot??
More that just one occurence in this case.
So, let me guess. You haven't got a clue what it's supposed to
mean either, idiot??
Try again!
So, let me guess. You haven't got a clue what it's supposed to
mean either, idiot??
How well do you know sed?
ZERO, never seen it mentioned on Doctor Who, idiot!!
2018-07-15 20:07:01 UTC
[...]
Yet you do

s/Statement1/Statement2
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-16 11:28:52 UTC
[...]
Yeap!! So what, idiot??
2018-07-16 16:12:57 UTC
[...]
What does s/Statement1/Statement2/g does?
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
The Doctor
2018-07-12 14:10:01 UTC
[...]
Pertwee is the 3RD Doctor.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-13 14:33:41 UTC
[...]
Oh! Really?? You're joking, aren't you, idiot??
2018-07-13 15:44:40 UTC
[...]
You correct your error.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-14 13:09:27 UTC
[...]
... and, eventually, you catch on, idiot!!
2018-07-14 14:43:12 UTC
[...]
Exactly!
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer