Political Correctness Gone Mad
Ignis Fatuus
2017-07-16 16:53:45 UTC
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.

1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
8) Paul McGann
9) John Hurt
10) Richard E. Grant
11) Christopher Eccleston
12) David Tennant
13) Matt Smith
14) Peter Capaldi

================

The End
Pudentame
Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on your way out.
Ignis Fatuus
I never do.
The Doctor
2017-07-17 01:23:41 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
8) Paul McGann
9) John Hurt
10) Richard E. Grant
11) Christopher Eccleston
12) David Tennant
13) Matt Smith
14) Peter Capaldi
================
The End
Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on your way out.
I never do.
As I said, Chibnall might be gone before he gets started.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Doctor
2017-07-17 01:18:33 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
8) Paul McGann
9) John Hurt
10) Richard E. Grant
11) Christopher Eccleston
12) David Tennant
13) Matt Smith
14) Peter Capaldi
================
The End
Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on your way out.
The exit doors are getting loud!
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Last Doctor
2017-07-16 21:09:29 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
Far more than the fifteenth. Not to mention, the third woman.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
1) William Hartnell
1 - alt - Peter Cushing
1a - Richard Hurndall
1 - alt - Geoffrey Bayldon
1 - alt - Derek Jacobi
1c - David Bradley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
2) Patrick Troughton
2 - alt - David Collings
3 - alt - Ian Brooker
Post by Ignis Fatuus
3) Jon Pertwee
3 - alt - David Warner
Post by Ignis Fatuus
4) Tom Baker
4 - alt - Arabella Weir
Post by Ignis Fatuus
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
7 - alt (Valeyard) David Jayston
Post by Ignis Fatuus
8) Paul McGann
9 - alt - Rowan Atkinson
10 - alt- Richard E Grant
11 - alt - Jim Broadbent
12 - alt - Hugh Grant
13 - alt - Joanna Lumley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
unnumbered - John Hurt
9 - alt - Richard E. Grant (again)
9) Christopher Eccleston
10) David Tennant
10a David Tennant - again
Post by Ignis Fatuus
11) Matt Smith
12) Peter Capaldi
================
NOT The End
13) Jodie Whittaker

So she's the thirty-first, including alt sequences and counting Tennant
twice and both apocryphal Richard E Grant versions.
--
Evolution is real. The earth is ancient (billions of years old). Life
formed and evolved over hundreds of millions of years, culminating in our
acknowledge these natural common sense truths.
Ignis Fatuus
2017-07-16 21:15:47 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
Far more than the fifteenth. Not to mention, the third woman.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
1) William Hartnell
1 - alt - Peter Cushing
1a - Richard Hurndall
1 - alt - Geoffrey Bayldon
1 - alt - Derek Jacobi
1c - David Bradley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
2) Patrick Troughton
2 - alt - David Collings
3 - alt - Ian Brooker
Post by Ignis Fatuus
3) Jon Pertwee
3 - alt - David Warner
Post by Ignis Fatuus
4) Tom Baker
4 - alt - Arabella Weir
Post by Ignis Fatuus
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
7 - alt (Valeyard) David Jayston
Post by Ignis Fatuus
8) Paul McGann
9 - alt - Rowan Atkinson
10 - alt- Richard E Grant
11 - alt - Jim Broadbent
12 - alt - Hugh Grant
13 - alt - Joanna Lumley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
unnumbered - John Hurt
9 - alt - Richard E. Grant (again)
9) Christopher Eccleston
10) David Tennant
10a David Tennant - again
Post by Ignis Fatuus
11) Matt Smith
12) Peter Capaldi
================
NOT The End
13) ????????????
So she's the thirty-first, including alt sequences and counting Tennant
twice and both apocryphal Richard E Grant versions.
Learn to read.
I said 'incarnations, not actors, and I don't count movies or fanwank.
The Last Doctor
2017-07-16 21:31:18 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
Far more than the fifteenth. Not to mention, the third woman.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
1) William Hartnell
1 - alt - Peter Cushing
1a - Richard Hurndall
1 - alt - Geoffrey Bayldon
1 - alt - Derek Jacobi
1c - David Bradley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
2) Patrick Troughton
2 - alt - David Collings
3 - alt - Ian Brooker
Post by Ignis Fatuus
3) Jon Pertwee
3 - alt - David Warner
Post by Ignis Fatuus
4) Tom Baker
4 - alt - Arabella Weir
Post by Ignis Fatuus
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
7 - alt (Valeyard) David Jayston
Post by Ignis Fatuus
8) Paul McGann
9 - alt - Rowan Atkinson
10 - alt- Richard E Grant
11 - alt - Jim Broadbent
12 - alt - Hugh Grant
13 - alt - Joanna Lumley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
unnumbered - John Hurt
9 - alt - Richard E. Grant (again)
9) Christopher Eccleston
10) David Tennant
10a David Tennant - again
Post by Ignis Fatuus
11) Matt Smith
12) Peter Capaldi
================
NOT The End
13) ????????????
So she's the thirty-first, including alt sequences and counting Tennant
twice and both apocryphal Richard E Grant versions.
Learn to read.
I said 'incarnations, not actors, and I don't count movies or fanwank.
"Scream of the Shalka" was retconned out of continuity by the BBC though,
so you're counting one that's not official. Fair point on incarnations not
actors - but then you named actors, so that was what I went with.
%
2017-07-16 21:41:41 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
Far more than the fifteenth. Not to mention, the third woman.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
1) William Hartnell
1 - alt - Peter Cushing
1a - Richard Hurndall
1 - alt - Geoffrey Bayldon
1 - alt - Derek Jacobi
1c - David Bradley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
2) Patrick Troughton
2 - alt - David Collings
3 - alt - Ian Brooker
Post by Ignis Fatuus
3) Jon Pertwee
3 - alt - David Warner
Post by Ignis Fatuus
4) Tom Baker
4 - alt - Arabella Weir
Post by Ignis Fatuus
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
7 - alt (Valeyard) David Jayston
Post by Ignis Fatuus
8) Paul McGann
9 - alt - Rowan Atkinson
10 - alt- Richard E Grant
11 - alt - Jim Broadbent
12 - alt - Hugh Grant
13 - alt - Joanna Lumley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
unnumbered - John Hurt
9 - alt - Richard E. Grant (again)
9) Christopher Eccleston
10) David Tennant
10a David Tennant - again
Post by Ignis Fatuus
11) Matt Smith
12) Peter Capaldi
================
NOT The End
13) ????????????
look at bone face being more bone faced then bone face
The Doctor
2017-07-17 01:26:27 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
Far more than the fifteenth. Not to mention, the third woman.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
1) William Hartnell
1 - alt - Peter Cushing
1a - Richard Hurndall
1 - alt - Geoffrey Bayldon
1 - alt - Derek Jacobi
1c - David Bradley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
2) Patrick Troughton
2 - alt - David Collings
3 - alt - Ian Brooker
Post by Ignis Fatuus
3) Jon Pertwee
3 - alt - David Warner
Post by Ignis Fatuus
4) Tom Baker
4 - alt - Arabella Weir
Post by Ignis Fatuus
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
7 - alt (Valeyard) David Jayston
Post by Ignis Fatuus
8) Paul McGann
9 - alt - Rowan Atkinson
10 - alt- Richard E Grant
11 - alt - Jim Broadbent
12 - alt - Hugh Grant
13 - alt - Joanna Lumley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
unnumbered - John Hurt
9 - alt - Richard E. Grant (again)
9) Christopher Eccleston
10) David Tennant
10a David Tennant - again
Post by Ignis Fatuus
11) Matt Smith
12) Peter Capaldi
================
NOT The End
13) ????????????
So she's the thirty-first, including alt sequences and counting Tennant
twice and both apocryphal Richard E Grant versions.
Learn to read.
I said 'incarnations, not actors, and I don't count movies or fanwank.
Well said.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Doctor
2017-07-17 01:25:32 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
Far more than the fifteenth. Not to mention, the third woman.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
1) William Hartnell
1 - alt - Peter Cushing
1a - Richard Hurndall
1 - alt - Geoffrey Bayldon
1 - alt - Derek Jacobi
1c - David Bradley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
2) Patrick Troughton
2 - alt - David Collings
3 - alt - Ian Brooker
Post by Ignis Fatuus
3) Jon Pertwee
3 - alt - David Warner
Post by Ignis Fatuus
4) Tom Baker
4 - alt - Arabella Weir
Post by Ignis Fatuus
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
7 - alt (Valeyard) David Jayston
Post by Ignis Fatuus
8) Paul McGann
9 - alt - Rowan Atkinson
10 - alt- Richard E Grant
11 - alt - Jim Broadbent
12 - alt - Hugh Grant
13 - alt - Joanna Lumley
Post by Ignis Fatuus
unnumbered - John Hurt
9 - alt - Richard E. Grant (again)
9) Christopher Eccleston
10) David Tennant
10a David Tennant - again
Post by Ignis Fatuus
11) Matt Smith
12) Peter Capaldi
================
NOT The End
13) Jodie Whittaker
So she's the thirty-first, including alt sequences and counting Tennant
twice and both apocryphal Richard E Grant versions.
--
Evolution is real. The earth is ancient (billions of years old). Life
formed and evolved over hundreds of millions of years, culminating in our
current biosphere - including mankind, which evolved from ancestral apes.
The Bible is a collection of oral histories, allegories, parables and
fables that should never be taken literally. By quoting this text I
acknowledge these natural common sense truths.
Well 13th might not go through.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
2017-07-16 21:48:34 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
8) Paul McGann
9) John Hurt
10) Richard E. Grant
11) Christopher Eccleston
12) David Tennant
13) Matt Smith
14) Peter Capaldi
In which seasons did Grant play the Doctor?

I don't recall him!
The Doctor
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Agamemnon
2017-07-16 22:04:03 UTC
On 16/07/2017 17:53, Ignis Fatuus wrote:

I'm not having it called Political Correctness. It's BIGOTRY by another
name!

Anti-male, anti-white, anti-heterosexual, anti-British, B-I-G-O-T-R-Y!

What's left on the BBC for white male British heterosexual viewers to
enjoy? NOTHING!
The End
Tim Bruening
But on another thread, I saw you praising her looks, and posting a link to a nude photo of her!
The Doctor
2017-07-17 02:10:10 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
I'm not having it called Political Correctness. It's BIGOTRY by another
name!
Anti-male, anti-white, anti-heterosexual, anti-British, B-I-G-O-T-R-Y!
What's left on the BBC for white male British heterosexual viewers to
enjoy? NOTHING!
But on another thread, I saw you praising her looks, and posting a link
to a nude photo of her!
He was not praising, Jodie, just exposing her.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Agamemnon
2017-07-21 06:53:11 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
I'm not having it called Political Correctness. It's BIGOTRY by another
name!
Anti-male, anti-white, anti-heterosexual, anti-British, B-I-G-O-T-R-Y!
What's left on the BBC for white male British heterosexual viewers to
enjoy? NOTHING!
But on another thread, I saw you praising her looks, and posting a link to a nude photo of her!
So you are saying that the only reason to enjoy watching Jodie Whittaker
as the Doctor is to toss off; because basically that's what most men
will watch it for; and if she doesn't give them good reason to toss off
and the BBC do not provide anyone else they can toss off for then they
will stop watching.
The Doctor
2017-07-21 14:54:38 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
I'm not having it called Political Correctness. It's BIGOTRY by another
name!
Anti-male, anti-white, anti-heterosexual, anti-British, B-I-G-O-T-R-Y!
What's left on the BBC for white male British heterosexual viewers to
enjoy? NOTHING!
But on another thread, I saw you praising her looks, and posting a
link to a nude photo of her!
So you are saying that the only reason to enjoy watching Jodie Whittaker
as the Doctor is to toss off; because basically that's what most men
will watch it for; and if she doesn't give them good reason to toss off
and the BBC do not provide anyone else they can toss off for then they
will stop watching.
Sad that the BBC had to defend 'their decision'.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
Should the BBC have simply waved a white flag and thrown Jodie under the 200 bus that traveled through the wormhole?
The Doctor
2017-07-22 05:50:11 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
I'm not having it called Political Correctness. It's BIGOTRY by another
name!
Anti-male, anti-white, anti-heterosexual, anti-British, B-I-G-O-T-R-Y!
What's left on the BBC for white male British heterosexual viewers to
enjoy? NOTHING!
But on another thread, I saw you praising her looks, and posting a
link to a nude photo of her!
So you are saying that the only reason to enjoy watching Jodie Whittaker
as the Doctor is to toss off; because basically that's what most men
will watch it for; and if she doesn't give them good reason to toss off
and the BBC do not provide anyone else they can toss off for then they
will stop watching.
Sad that the BBC had to defend 'their decision'.
Should the BBC have simply waved a white flag and thrown Jodie under the
200 bus that traveled through the wormhole?
Looks like they might throw the whole Doctor Who project under the bus.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening

If so, we will need a save Doctor Who petition and a Bjo Trimble letter writing campaign!
The Other Doctor
2017-07-22 11:29:28 UTC
Looks like they might throw the whole Doctor Who project under the bus.
Link?
If so, we will need a save Doctor Who petition and a Bjo Trimble letter writing campaign!
You keep talking about petitions, marches and letter writing campaigns. Why?

How many petitions, marches or other campaigns have you been involved with?

How many petitions, marches or other campaigns have you organised?

If you think there needs to be a petition, march or letter writing
campaign now, will you organise it?

Why do you think there needs to be a petition, march or letter writing
campaign?

Let's look at a few facts here. Your opinions are based on
mis-information fed to you be Yads and Aggy. What they tell you does not
represent what's really going on. This is a very small newsgroup and
their views are not even supported by the majority of the small number
of posters here. They (along with you) post more than anyone else.
That's all.

Doctor Who is a television programme. A bit of fluff, to entertain
people who have nothing better to do. In the general scheme of things,
it really is of little importance. If you really could organise a march,
people would just see an odd bunch of eccentrics, have a laugh and move
on. You won't organise a march though, and even if you tried, nobody
would join you. Furthermore, your protests are unnecessary. The BBC is
not ditching Doctor Who. A new series is about to be filmed. The British
population is not calling for the show to be scrapped, Chibnall to be
sacked or Whittaker to be ditched.
Tim Bruening
2017-07-22 14:16:30 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Looks like they might throw the whole Doctor Who project under the bus.
Link?
If so, we will need a save Doctor Who petition and a Bjo Trimble letter writing campaign!
You keep talking about petitions, marches and letter writing campaigns. Why?
Aggy seems perpetually angry enough to participate in the above.
Post by The Other Doctor
How many petitions, marches or other campaigns have you been involved with?
I have signed several petitions at Change.org. I have tabled with the Green Party at the Farmer's market, and I have been involved in Indivisible Yolo. I once participated in a Peace March in SF. I have been to Town Halls organized by my Congressman.
I tried to organize the Green Party in Yolo County, but got no where, so I am delegating the Save Doctor Who campaign organizing to you.
Agamemnon
2017-07-26 09:11:45 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Let's look at a few facts here. Your opinions are based on
mis-information fed to you be Yads and Aggy. What they tell you does not
He has not been fed any misinformation by either of us.
Post by The Other Doctor
represent what's really going on. This is a very small newsgroup and
their views are not even supported by the majority of the small number
of posters here. They (along with you) post more than anyone else.
That's all.
That is your PC loony delusion. As can be seen by the decline in the
ratings the PC loonies form a tiny minority that want to impose their
bigoted loony left ideas and beliefs on the conservative moral majority,
and who through nepotism and sycophancy have managed to gain control of
Doctor Who.
Post by The Other Doctor
Doctor Who is a television programme. A bit of fluff, to entertain
people who have nothing better to do. In the general scheme of things,
it really is of little importance. If you really could organise a march,
people would just see an odd bunch of eccentrics, have a laugh and move
on. You won't organise a march though, and even if you tried, nobody
would join you. Furthermore, your protests are unnecessary. The BBC is
Organising a march is a complete waste of time. The BBC won't listen to
anyone. The best way to get at them is to stop watching and don't buy
any of their merchandise. Fans can also create their own rival show and
distribute it on the internet.
We will see about that when the ratings come in.
Tim Bruening
2017-07-26 13:21:51 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Doctor Who is a television programme. A bit of fluff, to entertain
people who have nothing better to do. In the general scheme of things,
it really is of little importance. If you really could organise a march,
people would just see an odd bunch of eccentrics, have a laugh and move
on. You won't organise a march though, and even if you tried, nobody
would join you. Furthermore, your protests are unnecessary. The BBC is
Organising a march is a complete waste of time. The BBC won't listen to
anyone. The best way to get at them is to stop watching and don't buy
any of their merchandise.
I hereby nominate you to lead the boycott movement!

How would they ward off trademark lawsuits?
Agamemnon
2017-08-02 21:26:11 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
distribute it on the internet.
How would they ward off trademark lawsuits?
Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred got away with it by calling him Professor.

The other way is to turn it into a parody then you can do anything you
like including using Daleks and Cybermen.
The Doctor
2017-07-26 14:45:22 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
not ditching Doctor Who. A new series is about to be filmed. The British
population is not calling for the show to be scrapped, Chibnall to be
sacked or Whittaker to be ditched.
We will see about that when the ratings come in.
And the review attack Chibnall and Whittaker.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Doctor
2017-07-22 14:36:05 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Recall 1989/1990.
Post by Tim Bruening
If so, we will need a save Doctor Who petition and a Bjo Trimble letter writing campaign!
I might concur.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Agamemnon
2017-07-22 12:27:04 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
It's not Jodie's fault. It's Chibnall's and the other nepotists and
sycophants around him.

Look at the message he's sending young boys, "This series is not for you
anymore, fuck off and don't come back".

Think how the conversations in the school playground will go. "You're
telling me you watch Doctor Who? Are you gay?" "No I'm not gay." "Then
why do you watch it when it's a girl's show?" "I like Jodie Whittaker as
the Doctor." "You fancy her don't you? You pervert, she's old enough to
be your mother, and she used to be man. Fuck off pervert."
The Doctor
2017-07-22 14:46:41 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
anymore, f*k off and don't come back".
Think how the conversations in the school playground will go. "You're
telling me you watch Doctor Who? Are you gay?" "No I'm not gay." "Then
why do you watch it when it's a girl's show?" "I like Jodie Whittaker as
the Doctor." "You fancy her don't you? You pervert, she's old enough to
be your mother, and she used to be man. F*k off pervert."
iAs the Telegraph was saying.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Ignis Fatuus
2017-07-16 23:14:17 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
I'm not having it called Political Correctness. It's BIGOTRY by another
name!
Anti-male, anti-white, anti-heterosexual, anti-British, B-I-G-O-T-R-Y!
What's left on the BBC for white male British heterosexual viewers to
enjoy? NOTHING!
I've always enjoyed strong female characters... since Honor Blackman
redefined the role of women in British TV. But redefining the Doctor as a
woman is a step too far for me.
I won't call it bigotry... but a huge disappointment.
The Doctor needs to be a strong character... and neither Smith nor this
woman come anywhere close. John Hurt is my favourite of the recent
incarnations.

Tennant was a washout Until they introduced Catherine Tate (the only
remotely interesting 'companion' of the reboot).
I understand she was in Broadchurch with Tennant... and made Zero impact
on me (as did the show... I missed the sequels entirely).
So for now, so far as I'm concerned, DW is in hiatus. I missed most of
Smith and Capaldi in any case. Bloody awful writing for the most part.
The End
The Doctor
2017-07-17 02:12:52 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
8) Paul McGann
9) John Hurt
10) Richard E. Grant
11) Christopher Eccleston
12) David Tennant
13) Matt Smith
14) Peter Capaldi
================
The End
Smith and Capaldi rocks. Esp, Day of the Doctor!!
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Doctor
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Doctor
2017-07-17 01:13:03 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
There's not much to say about the FIFTEENTH incarnation except that I
won't be watching.
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
5) Peter Davison
6) Colin Baker
7) Sylvester McCoy
8) Paul McGann
9) John Hurt
10) Richard E. Grant
11) Christopher Eccleston
12) David Tennant
13) Matt Smith
14) Peter Capaldi
================
The End
OR Chibnall and team will get the hook quicker than
a raston Warrior robot taking you out from behind.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
sadako
2017-07-17 02:05:58 UTC
For me its more

1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
The End
The Doctor
2017-07-17 02:55:22 UTC
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
The End
Sad b**er
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Your Name
2017-07-17 06:47:26 UTC
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
The End
You could probably add David Tennat (most of the time), but the rest
range from a bit silly to downright awful casting mistakes. Of course
the lastest version is in an entirely different universe of moronically
bad casting choices. :-(
The Doctor
2017-07-17 14:45:57 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
The End
You could probably add David Tennat (most of the time), but the rest
range from a bit silly to downright awful casting mistakes. Of course
the lastest version is in an entirely different universe of moronically
bad casting choices. :-(
Some say Tennant was the Tom Baker of his time.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Ignis Fatuus
2017-07-17 15:27:30 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
The End
You could probably add David Tennat (most of the time), but the rest
range from a bit silly to downright awful casting mistakes. Of course
the lastest version is in an entirely different universe of moronically
bad casting choices. :-(
John Hurt was (IMO) the best since Hartnell, with Eccleston a close
second.
Tennant came to life when Catherine Tate and Bernard Cribbins showed up.
But I do believe that bad writing and sloppy production were responsible
for a lot of failures.
Peter Davison was let down by silly stories and some excruciatingly bad
companions.
McCoy's brief cameo was the best thing about the Movie, an miles apart
from his TV character. Which set me thinking that a better producer and
writers would have delivered a very different and far more compelling
character. Not his fault, because for a brief five minutes he gave a
stunning performance.
Capaldi was excellent in 'Fires of Pompeii' and 'Children of Earth'... and
a natural choice for The Doctor.
Abysmal scripts, Moffat's obsession with longwinded speeches instead of a
bit of action, and a humourless production focused on 'issues' rather than
adventure and suspense, all contributed to his downfall.
I have high hopes for his finale; not the least because David Bradley
delivers a stunning reconstruction of Hartnell's Doctor... and Moffat is
capable of delivering first rate material, on the odd occasion when he can
be bothered.

But I won't accept a woman as the Doctor.
I might have been persuaded to watch if they'd secured the services of a
decent actress (Diana Rigg, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Helen Mirren, Zoe
Wanamaker, Lesley Sharp...) but the current choice is a run of the mill
soap actress who made little impact in an indifferent whodunnit penned by
Chibnell.
A better move would have been a fresh character in a new series.
The groundwaork was done in 'The Doctor's Daughter'... and Georgia Moffett
proved herself more than worthy of fronting a spinoff.
The Doctor
2017-07-17 15:31:01 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
Even worst, Chibnall violates the foundational premises of Doctor Who!
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Last Doctor
2017-07-17 16:00:48 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
No, he doesn't. All of Doctor Who after the Highlanders does that.
The Doctor
2017-07-17 18:46:05 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
How so? Less Dlaeks, more cybermen, introduce the Ice Warriors?
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Last Doctor
2017-07-17 19:35:39 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
No, but without the formula of having a historical story (with no aliens
except the Doctor in it) alternate with an sf story, the foundational
premise of Doctor Who was lost.
The Doctor
2017-07-17 22:44:55 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
Like Black Orchid?
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Agamemnon
2017-07-22 12:37:51 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
It wasn't a ture historical story. It was fantasy fiction based on The
Ghoul.

A true historical story has to be based on actual historical events.
AGAS11E7/8 Float Like Like A Butterfly/Sting Like A Bee, was a true
historical.
The Doctor
2017-07-22 14:47:34 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by The Doctor
Post by Ignis Fatuus
proved herself more than worthy of fronting a spinoff.
Even worst, Chibnall violates the foundational premises of Doctor Who!
No, he doesn't. All of Doctor Who after the Highlanders does that.
How so? Less Dlaeks, more cybermen, introduce the Ice Warriors?
No, but without the formula of having a historical story (with no aliens
except the Doctor in it) alternate with an sf story, the foundational
premise of Doctor Who was lost.
Like Black Orchid?
It wasn't a ture historical story. It was fantasy fiction based on The
Ghoul.
A true historical story has to be based on actual historical events.
AGAS11E7/8 Float Like Like A Butterfly/Sting Like A Bee, was a true
historical.
Or The Highlanders.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Agamemnon
2017-08-02 21:48:38 UTC
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
Moffat wanted to redo the 6th Doctor and the series was dead from then on.

What should have happened is that the BBC should have set up a team of
decent writers to lead the series so that anyone of them could have
replaced Moffat or anyone else at any time. They should have also
forbidden Moffat from redoing the 6th Doctor in any way shape or form.

The BBC should have also advertised the role of show runner at the end
of Matt Smith's tenure instead of behaving like a nepotistic closed shop
afraid of outsiders.
Post by Ignis Fatuus
I have high hopes for his finale; not the least because David Bradley
delivers a stunning reconstruction of Hartnell's Doctor... and Moffat is
capable of delivering first rate material, on the odd occasion when he can
be bothered.
But I won't accept a woman as the Doctor.
I might have been persuaded to watch if they'd secured the services of a
decent actress (Diana Rigg, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Helen Mirren, Zoe
Wanamaker, Lesley Sharp...) but the current choice is a run of the mill
soap actress who made little impact in an indifferent whodunnit penned by
Chibnell.
A better move would have been a fresh character in a new series.
The groundwaork was done in 'The Doctor's Daughter'... and Georgia Moffett
proved herself more than worthy of fronting a spinoff.
She's already doing it for Big Finish. Pity the BBC couldn't have done
it instead. All they've succeeded in doing is alienating most of the
existing audience.
Tim Bruening
2017-08-02 22:23:31 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
I have read that Chris will set up a writer's shop, which I assume would include a team of decent writers.
Agamemnon
2017-08-02 22:34:05 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
Unfortunately it seems that the only reason Chibnall is setting up a
writers room is to have female writers writing for the female Doctor
which will drive male viewers away completely. Look at the mess he made
of Torchwood.
The Doctor
2017-08-02 23:47:01 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Ignis Fatuus
Post by Your Name
Post by sadako
For me its more
1) William Hartnell
2) Patrick Troughton
3) Jon Pertwee
4) Tom Baker
================
[...]
Chibs looks like the poster boy for Jonathan Powell.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
2017-07-17 23:05:46 UTC
Lets have a LESBIAN Doctor!
The Doctor
2017-07-17 23:19:58 UTC
Lets have a LESBIAN Doctor!
No.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides