Juneteenth OT
2016-06-19 16:18:53 UTC
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!

Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Timothy Bruening
2016-06-19 16:20:34 UTC
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Would a sonic screwdriver work on 19th century chains?

Bill will have a hard time rescuing the Doctor, since she's black also!
The Other Doctor
2016-06-19 16:55:17 UTC
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern
cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he
is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
The Doctor regenereates as a black what? A black cat? A black mouse?

Your idea has already been done. Try reading Kindred by Octavia Butler. It's
a story in which a writer from 1976 travels to a pre-Civil War Maryland
cotton plantation.
Timothy Bruening
2016-06-19 20:21:45 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern
cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he
is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
The Doctor regenereates as a black what? A black cat? A black mouse?
A black humanoid. Why would he regenerate as a cat or a mouse?

Since the Doctor is not an American, I couldn't use "African-American".

Could I use the term "African-Scottish" or "African-British"?
Did Octavia copyright the basic idea of a dark skinned humanoid going back in time to the pre-Civil War South?
The Doctor
2016-06-20 22:52:26 UTC
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern
cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he
is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
The Doctor regenereates as a black what? A black cat? A black mouse?
A black humanoid. Why would he regenerate as a cat or a mouse?
Why not?
Post by Timothy Bruening
Since the Doctor is not an American, I couldn't use "African-American".
Could I use the term "African-Scottish" or "African-British"?
The Doctor isn't British. He's from Gallifrey.
Do you think it's only Africans who are allowed to be black?
Ever heard of Paterson joseph?
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Language is the source of misunderstandings. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
TB
Nope. What is he famous for?
Keith Cunningham
He's a nactor.
TB
What is a "Nactor"?
The Doctor
TB
What happened during "Neverwhere"?
The Doctor
Tim Bruening
2017-06-19 11:46:25 UTC
Happy Juneteennth!
Post by The Other Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern
cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he
is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
The Doctor regenereates as a black what? A black cat? A black mouse?
Black humanoid, of course!
But not on Doctor Who! Why should Octavia Butler having sent a 1976 writer into slavery via time travel prohibit Steve Moffat or Chris Chibnall from doing the same with the Doctor? Did Octavia trademark the basic idea of slavery via time travel?
The Doctor
2017-06-19 13:24:21 UTC
Happy Juneteennth!
Post by The Other Doctor
Your idea has already been done. Try reading Kindred by Octavia Butler. It's
a story in which a writer from 1976 travels to a pre-Civil War Maryland
cotton plantation.
But not on Doctor Who! Why should Octavia Butler having sent a 1976
writer into slavery via time travel prohibit Steve Moffat or Chris
Chibnall from doing the same with the Doctor? Did Octavia trademark the
basic idea of slavery via time travel?
Still writing your book I see.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
The Doctor
2016-06-19 21:16:13 UTC
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Only to face the Rani.
TB
2016-06-19 21:33:38 UTC
So you are adding the Rani to my plot bunny?
The Doctor
2016-06-19 21:37:57 UTC
Post by TB
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Only to face the Rani.
So you are adding the Rani to my plot bunny?
Check MArk of the Rani for the reason.
TB
I don't remember the Doctor regenerating as an African-Brit during "Mark of the Rani".
The Doctor
2016-06-19 22:59:46 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Only to face the Rani.
So you are adding the Rani to my plot bunny?
Check MArk of the Rani for the reason.
I don't remember the Doctor regenerating as an African-Brit during "Mark of the Rani".
Check out the Civil War remark fro mthe Rani.
TB
Did the Rani actually say that she had encountered a black Doctor in chains?
The Doctor
2016-06-20 14:09:08 UTC
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Only to face the Rani.
So you are adding the Rani to my plot bunny?
Check MArk of the Rani for the reason.
I don't remember the Doctor regenerating as an African-Brit during "Mark of the Rani".
Check out the Civil War remark fro mthe Rani.
Did the Rani actually say that she had encountered a black Doctor in chains?
You need to See MArk of the Rani again.
Tim Bruening
2017-06-19 11:55:45 UTC
Post by TB
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the other slaves!
Only to face the Rani.
So you are adding the Rani to my plot bunny?
Check MArk of the Rani for the reason.
I did not see a black Doctor working on a cotton plantation during that episode.

Mark of the Rani was in Britain, not the US.
The Doctor
2017-06-19 13:25:20 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by TB
Post by The Doctor
Only to face the Rani.
So you are adding the Rani to my plot bunny?
Check MArk of the Rani for the reason.
I did not see a black Doctor working on a cotton plantation during that episode.
Mark of the Rani was in Britain, not the US.
Note what she says about influencing US History.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
Are you afraid that the slave Doctor might change US history?
The Doctor
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides
Tim Bruening
2017-06-19 11:47:33 UTC
Does she do anything kinky?
The Doctor
2017-06-19 13:24:43 UTC
Happy Juneteenth, the day the slaves were freed after the US Civil War!
Plot: The Doctor regenerates as a black, lands in a pre-Civil War
Southern cotton plantation, stumbles out, and faints! The next thing he
knows, he is in chains and being forced to tend the cotton with the
other slaves!
Post by The Doctor
Only to face the Rani.
Does she do anything kinky?
Stuff it will you.
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides