S5E3 Victory of the Daleks
Agamemnon
2010-04-17 20:06:31 UTC
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.

Would have given it 20/10 for all the classic Doctor Who atmosphere that was
created if it hadn't been for the design of the new Daleks which was
obviously based on the new Mini which I didn't like much at first but
eventually got used to. I don't like the bulge sticking out at the back.
Makes them look like Quasimodo or some kind of fork lift truck or upturned
plastic skip. I was hoping they would have all been blown up but it looks
like they will be back. Let's hope when the rift finally gets sealed all the
changes made through time put in by Steve Moffat to undo most of RTD's Earth
gets blown up every other day and no one says a thing about it continuity,
get undone, that we go back to the old Dalek design again.

In that hope I will give Victory of the Daleks 10/10.
p***@aol.com
2010-04-17 20:09:17 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.

Phil
Monsieur Tabernac
2010-04-17 22:46:27 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.
I don't know.. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Except maybe for
the actor playing Churchill and those cheap looking Daleks (I hope
they don't look so much like washing up liquid bottles the next time
they surface).
McGoohan not Jesus
2010-04-18 08:04:48 UTC
...those cheap looking Daleks (I hope
they don't look so much like washing up liquid bottles the next time
they surface).
I actually shouted "WHAT THE FUCK?" more than once. They look like
preschooler toys, not alien killing machines.
FunkyM
2010-04-19 08:46:16 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.
I don't know.. I thought it was pretty enjoyable.  Except maybe for
the actor playing Churchill and those cheap looking Daleks (I hope
they don't look so much like washing up liquid bottles the next time
they surface).
The funny part was the old model camo Daleks that got zapped by the
new ones looked way, way better than the new Rainbow Brite Daleks.
Tim Bruening
I liked the Rainbow Daleks!
The Doctor
2016-07-12 03:29:42 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by FunkyM
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.
I don't know.. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. ??Except maybe for
the actor playing Churchill and those cheap looking Daleks (I hope
they don't look so much like washing up liquid bottles the next time
they surface).
The funny part was the old model camo Daleks that got zapped by the
new ones looked way, way better than the new Rainbow Brite Daleks.
I liked the Rainbow Daleks!
Like a coalition?
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Language is the source of misunderstandings. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Tim Bruening
Coalition of the Daleks: Several Dalek factions get together to take over the Dalek Parliament and form a government.
The Doctor
2017-01-30 15:43:06 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by The Doctor
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by FunkyM
Post by The Doctor
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by FunkyM
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.
I don't know.. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. ??Except maybe for
the actor playing Churchill and those cheap looking Daleks (I hope
they don't look so much like washing up liquid bottles the next time
they surface).
The funny part was the old model camo Daleks that got zapped by the
new ones looked way, way better than the new Rainbow Brite Daleks.
I liked the Rainbow Daleks!
Like a coalition?
Coalition of the Daleks: Several Dalek factions get together to take
over the Dalek Parliament and form a government.
To address the asylum of the Daleks.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England
TedKord
2010-04-18 02:15:51 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.
Phil
I've got to agree. This was just awful. Absolutely bottom of the
barrel, maybe one step above Gridlock/Love and Monsters.

I had high hopes after the Eleventh Hour, which while not great, was
pretty good. Don't get me wrong, I still think Matt Smith is pretty
good. Karen Gillan is also quite nice. But so far each successive
story is worse than the last.

Also, whoever is in charge of set/monster design needs to be sacked.
First the hideous new TARDIS interior, which looks like a toy
junkyard, and now the Crayola Daleks. It reminds me of when my wife
used to watch "Trading Spaces", and I'd marvel at just how tacky and
ugly designers could be when they weren't being held responsible for
their work. I grew to hate that show (and to this day, all reality
garbage TV). Even the new title sequence is bad.

I hope it gets better soon.
marc_CH
2010-04-18 13:10:10 UTC
Post by TedKord
Even the new title sequence is bad.
And even worse than that...the theme tune. Who in the name of God's Arse
thought that it needed drums like *that*?
--
marc

"Wrong. The anus was made to shit, not to fuck. Now if someone decided
to fuck their guitar instead of using it to play music, that would be
immoral." -- Aggy
Ross
2010-04-18 04:24:20 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Damn, those cracks in space-time must be real - Aggy's watching a
version of Victory of the Daleks from an alternate reality.
Phil
Yeah. I was blown away by how much I failed to like this episode.
There's been plenty of stories before where I thought the premise was
stupid or the storyline was terrible, but the last time I found a
story this just totally lacking *as an exercise in storytelling*, it
was the TV Movie.

The story doesn't really lead anywhere. Things happen, but not out of
any kind of developmental process. It's all very
workman-like: there's no sense that you're being told an actual story,
just that Gattis was tasked with accomplishing this specific goal, and
that's all he did. It feels more like a wikipedia page than an actual
narrative.

We've basically got a whole episode whose entire point is the reveal
with the new Power Rangers Dalek Force, and the Power Ranger Daleks
don't even go on to actually do anything much really: they're vaguely
threatening, but there's no fighting, no strategizing and countering
plots, no real confrontation (We've got a sort of "dogfight", but
that's not really a confrontation to my thinking: the dalek ship is
essentially a non-agent, a kind of obstacle rather than a character).
The Daleks "win" (this being the Big Point), but only by virtue of the
fact that they don't *fight*. It's like winning the world series by
forfeit. It's a story that is essentially all punchline: The Daleks
have put months into this plan, but only because *it took two months
for the Doctor to show up*. We had a potentially interesting story
about the Daleks intervening in World War 2, and about the dilemma
arising from the fact that this pits the Doctor against Churchill's
interests, and the beautiful juxtaposition of the Daleks, who are,
let's be honest, the archetypical Space Nazis, fighting on the
opposite side as the *actual* Nazis. And of course, that's about five
minutes of the story, because it's all just a clever rouse to trick
the Doctor into saying "I am the doctor and you are the daleks" where
the progenitor can hear.

This wasn't so much a story as a sort of *commercial* for a story.
This story was exactly what it said on the tin: I got just as much
pleasure out of watching the episode as I get out of just *reading the
sentence* "The daleks are coming back. And this time they're going to
stay back."

(I do not like the silver band section of the new daleks. However, I
reserve the right to completely forgive both it and this episode if
the daleks later reveal the ability to combine all five colors to form
a MegaDalekZord.)
Monsieur Tabernac
2010-04-18 04:39:46 UTC
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:24:20 -0700 (PDT), Ross
Post by Ross
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
I recently read "The Writer's Tale" (the book that's a series of
emails between RTD and Benjamin Cook -- I think every fan should take
a look at this book, as it's pretty interesting stuff), and one thing
that struck me was just how much RTD contributed to almost all the
scripts. Apart from 2 or 3 writers (one of whom was Moffat), he would
rewrite every single script -- not just adjusting dialogue and small
plot points, but starting from page one and re-writing the whole
thing, adding new scenes and changing the plot drastically in some
cases (in fact, in one of his emails he gripes about all the praise
"Human Nature" was getting, as he considered it to be 100% written by
himself). I seem to remember Gatiss' first story was referred to by
RTD as one of the ones that really needed a lot of work. I also got
the impression that many (if not most) of the writers of series 1 - 4
weren't quite "ready for prime time" and almost all the scripts needed
very heavy revision by RTD.

Anyway, given that, I suspect that Moffat isn't nearly hands-on as RTD
in script revision. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be
seen (could lead to some good variety in tone, or some bad
inconsistency)...
p***@aol.com
2010-04-18 08:15:42 UTC
Post by Ross
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Maybe not, but Idiot's Lantern and Fear Her got through on RTD's
watch.

Phil
TedKord
2010-04-18 15:27:52 UTC
...RTD contributed to almost all the scripts.  Apart from 2 or 3
writers (one of whom was Moffat), he would rewrite every single
script -- not just adjusting dialogue and small plot points, but
starting from page one and re-writing the whole thing, adding new
scenes and changing the plot drastically in some cases...
That seems hard to believe, as in many cases the episodes credited to
RTD were among the weakest.

Rose
The Long Game
Boomtown
Love and Monsters
GRIDLOCK
Partners in Crime

Moffat penned:

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
The Girl in the Fireplace
Blink
Slience in the Library/Forest of the Dead

These were some of the best in the show's current run, so I was
excited that he was taking over. He seemed to have a grip on the show.
That's why I'm puzzled at his choices so far. The awful new TARDIS
interior, the power ranger daleks. He seems to think it's a Saturday
morning kids show, not a Saturday evening kids/adult crossover.

His first written episode, The Eleventh Hour, was pretty good. Next up
by him, The Beast Below, reminded me of a McCoy episode (not nearly as
much as Gridlock did - ugh!) I mean, what was the point of the little
girl reciting the beast poem in the elevator? Or, the evil kiosks? It
wasn't totally awful (Like Gridlock), but I won't be going back to
watch it again.

So, maybe it's true. Maybe the ultimate DW team would be Moffat
writing/producing, and RTD touching up scripts. Assuming he did really
touch them up to the extent he claimed, and didn't just throw in some
homosexuality here and there...
p***@aol.com
2010-04-18 15:56:18 UTC
Post by TedKord
...RTD contributed to almost all the scripts.  Apart from 2 or 3
writers (one of whom was Moffat), he would rewrite every single
script -- not just adjusting dialogue and small plot points, but
starting from page one and re-writing the whole thing, adding new
scenes and changing the plot drastically in some cases...
That seems hard to believe, as in many cases the episodes credited to
RTD were among the weakest.
Rose
The Long Game
Boomtown
Love and Monsters
GRIDLOCK
Partners in Crime
L&M I rather liked; Partners in Crime I've liked more on subsequent
viewing. The show is surely allowed the odd episode targeted at the
younger part of its demographic, and for what it was it was okay. Rose
was a bit dull as a pilot, but capable. Long Game and Boom Town were
really dull, but the show's had worse than dull, and come to that
episodes not written by RTD that are even more tiresome (45).
Gridlock's bad, but there have been worse - Fear Her and Idiot's
Lantern spring to mind (and we probably should bear in mind here that
Victory of the Daleks and Idiot's Lantern had the same writer). I'm
surprised your list doesn't include RTD's very worst offering, New
Earth.

Also remember RTD's given us some very strong offerings: Midnight,
Utopia, Turn Left and (while many others aren't as fond of it) Tooth
and Claw.
Post by TedKord
The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
The Girl in the Fireplace
Blink
Slience in the Library/Forest of the Dead
These were some of the best in the show's current run, so I was
excited that he was taking over.
Well, I'd dispute Girl in the Fireplace.

Post by TedKord
That's why I'm puzzled at his choices so far. The awful new TARDIS
interior, the power ranger daleks. He seems to think it's a Saturday
morning kids show, not a Saturday evening kids/adult crossover.
His first written episode, The Eleventh Hour, was pretty good. Next up
by him, The Beast Below, reminded me of a McCoy episode
Really? All the McCoy episodes I've seen have been fun, and usually
pantomish, even when mostly bad. Beast Below was bad without the fun.

(not nearly as
Post by TedKord
much as Gridlock did - ugh!)
Ditto.
Post by TedKord
So, maybe it's true. Maybe the ultimate DW team would be Moffat
writing/producing, and RTD touching up scripts.
Moffatt producing? Why would that be the ideal? You've just mentioned
several of the problems (TARDIS, Daleks) to come out of his producing.
By contrast, very few of the criticisms levelled at RTD during his era
had anything to do with any failures as a producer - he did a good job
with casting, with the design of new and returning monsters, with the
majority of the writers he commissioned (and had the sense not to ask
Gatiss back after Idiot's Lantern), and an extremely good job of
attracting publicity to boot. So far Moffatt's done a good job with
the casting of his two leads, but none of his designs have impressed,
and the list of writers he's taken on this year (save Curtis and
Whithouse) mostly seem to be ones who underperformed under RTD.

Maybe the ideal would be RTD producing and Moffatt writing occasional
stories.

Oh wait, we already did that...

Assuming he did really
Post by TedKord
touch them up to the extent he claimed, and didn't just throw in some
homosexuality here and there...
I can't buy the claim that he almost completely rewrote Human Nature -
there's certainly a lot there that was never in Cornell's original,
but equally there's a lot there that was.

Phil
Féachadóir
2010-04-19 15:56:37 UTC
Post by TedKord
...RTD contributed to almost all the scripts.  Apart from 2 or 3
writers (one of whom was Moffat), he would rewrite every single
script -- not just adjusting dialogue and small plot points, but
starting from page one and re-writing the whole thing, adding new
scenes and changing the plot drastically in some cases...
That seems hard to believe, as in many cases the episodes credited to
RTD were among the weakest.
Rose
The Long Game
Boomtown
Love and Monsters
GRIDLOCK
Partners in Crime
The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
The Girl in the Fireplace
Blink
Slience in the Library/Forest of the Dead
This might be considered evidence that RTD is a poor writer but an
excellent editor/producer (exception for Midnight, one of the best who
episodes ever), while Moffat is a good writer, but a poor
editor/producer. The Peter Principle at work?
Post by TedKord
[...]
'Donegal: Up Here It's Different'
© Féachadóir
john smith
2010-04-18 18:46:59 UTC
Post by Ross
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
He isn't. On the BBC Radio programme "The Doctor and Douglas" Moffat
remarks how Douglas Adams, as script editor, would also rewrite all the
scripts they used. Moffat says something along the lines of: "Therein lies
madness..."

inconsistency)...
Duggy
2010-04-23 00:15:59 UTC
He isn't.  On the BBC Radio programme "The Doctor and Douglas" Moffat
remarks how Douglas Adams, as script editor, would also rewrite all the
scripts they used.  Moffat says something along the lines of: "Therein lies
madness..."
Probably explains why I liked DA-era 5th Doctor more than other 5th
Doctor.

===
= DUG.
===
AlfyDoor
2010-04-23 08:55:05 UTC
He isn't. On the BBC Radio programme "The Doctor and Douglas" Moffat
remarks how Douglas Adams, as script editor, would also rewrite all the
scripts they used. Moffat says something along the lines of: "Therein lies
madness..."
Probably explains why I liked DA-era 5th Doctor more than other 5th
Doctor.

Did Adams have anything to do with Davison's era? I thought he was all Tom
Baker?
Duggy
2010-04-23 15:17:54 UTC
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Duggy
Probably explains why I liked DA-era 5th Doctor more than other 5th
Doctor.
Did Adams have anything to do with Davison's era? I thought he was all Tom
Baker?
Sorry, I meant 4th.

===
= DUG.
===
Duggy
2010-04-23 00:04:22 UTC
Post by Monsieur Tabernac
Anyway, given that, I suspect that Moffat isn't nearly hands-on as RTD
in script revision.  Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be
seen (could lead to some good variety in tone, or some bad
inconsistency)...
He wrote entire series before this, seems like he'd be pretty hands
on.

===
= DUG.
===
Timothy Bruening
A Rainbow Dalek?
The Doctor
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Timothy Bruening
Where have you seen Daleks with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, & purple stripes?
The Doctor
2018-08-21 06:01:10 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Ross
(I do not like the silver band section of the new daleks. However, I
reserve the right to completely forgive both it and this episode if
the daleks later reveal the ability to combine all five colors to form
a MegaDalekZord.)
A Rainbow Dalek?
There are a few.
Where have you seen Daleks with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, & purple stripes?
Victory of the Daleks.
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Timothy Bruening
2018-08-21 10:23:04 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Ross
(I do not like the silver band section of the new daleks. However, I
reserve the right to completely forgive both it and this episode if
the daleks later reveal the ability to combine all five colors to form
a MegaDalekZord.)
A Rainbow Dalek?
There are a few.
Where have you seen Daleks with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, & purple stripes?
Victory of the Daleks.
I saw solid colored Daleks but no stripes.

Jeremiah Harbottle
You must be mad. It was absolute crap!
The Doctor
2010-04-17 23:49:36 UTC
Post by Jeremiah Harbottle
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Welcome to differing opinions.
--
Member - Liberal International This is ***@nl2k.ab.ca Ici ***@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance
Duggan
2010-04-18 05:05:49 UTC
Agamemnon wrote:

"the design of the new Daleks which was obviously based on the new
Mini"

It's worse than that, it's like a Mini Metro compared to the classic
mini. They're like some plastic 80s Japanese toy.

"Let's hope when the rift finally gets sealed all the changes made
through time put in by Steve Moffat to undo most of RTD's Earth gets
blown up every other day and no one says a thing about it continuity,
get undone, that we go back to the old Dalek design again."

I'm hoping something like that. I'm hoping we're being played with. I
think the new Daleks are so awful we're meant to hate them.

How about this:

The cracks in space-time are the old Daleks trying to escape from the
Void. They escape. They decide that they don't want to be wiped out by
the new Daleks, thank you very much. Dalek civil war ensues. The
proper classic menacing indestructible-looking old Daleks wipe out the
rubbish plastic misshapen new ones. Everyone cheers.

Other than that, a fun episode. Bill Paterson great, the way they
defused the bomb excellent. The subplot with the war-room plotter bird
and her pilot should have been built up or cut out. Some anachronisms
- saying 'roll out'? In 1940? Music a bit intrusive again, I thought
they were toning it down or I'd grown used to it, but too much 'woo-oo-
oo' this week.

The space-spitfires were the greatest thing ever.
p***@aol.com
2010-04-18 08:26:01 UTC
Post by Duggan
"the design of the new Daleks which was obviously based on the new
Mini"
It's worse than that, it's like a Mini Metro compared to the classic
mini. They're like some plastic 80s Japanese toy.
"Let's hope when the rift finally gets sealed all the changes made
through time put in by Steve Moffat to undo most of RTD's Earth gets
blown up every other day and no one says a thing about it continuity,
get undone, that we go back to the old Dalek design again."
I'm hoping something like that. I'm hoping we're being played with. I
think the new Daleks are so awful we're meant to hate them.
This would be the same way the titles are so awful we're meant to hate
them?

I'd like to share your optimism, but so much of the show at the moment
has the feel of something that's been written for kids by people who
really don't understand modern kids' shows. The 'cool' slang we're
hearing in these scripts ("I'm way worse", "No fear") is the stuff
these guys would have been exposed to when they were kids, but is an
embarrassing anachronism for both older and younger viewers today. As
someone said, the new primary colour, bulked-out Daleks are rather
Power Ranger or Transformerish, which given a production mentality
that's at least 20 years out of date, suggests to me they probably are
intended to stay as a 'radical new update' of the look.

Right now, it's not the quality of the episodes getting to me - we've
only seen three - so much as the growing dread that Moffatt really
isn't the man for this job. RTD had a great handle on the sort of
shows kids like, and a not-too-shabby one on the sort of show many
older Dr Who fans want. Moffatt seems to be mistargeting both - so far
his greatest offering has been an episode largely based on an RTD
plot.
Post by Duggan
The cracks in space-time are the old Daleks trying to escape from the
Void.
There is no Void any more - according to The Next Doctor, it was the
destruction of the Void as reality collapsed that forced the surviving
Cybermen into the 'real world'. If any Void Daleks survived, they'll
be hovering around in real space too.

Phil
FunkyM
2010-04-19 09:09:36 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Right now, it's not the quality of the episodes getting to me - we've
only seen three - so much as the growing dread that Moffatt really
isn't the man for this job. RTD had a great handle on the sort of
shows kids like, and a not-too-shabby one on the sort of show many
older Dr Who fans want. Moffatt seems to be mistargeting both - so far
his greatest offering has been an episode largely based on an RTD
plot.
IMO the new season feels very much like it's trying to be like the RTD
era so far and that's what it pretty much feels like - like it's
trying to be like the RTD era (specifically, the Eccleston series).
Which isn't necessarily terrible, but it does feel like they're
playing it very safe so far.

The 2-parters have often been highlights of the series since it came
back, so the next two weeks should be interesting and tell us more
about how the season might shape up.
Stephen Wilson
2010-04-19 18:23:44 UTC
Post by FunkyM
Post by p***@aol.com
Right now, it's not the quality of the episodes getting to me - we've
only seen three - so much as the growing dread that Moffatt really
isn't the man for this job. RTD had a great handle on the sort of
shows kids like, and a not-too-shabby one on the sort of show many
older Dr Who fans want. Moffatt seems to be mistargeting both - so far
his greatest offering has been an episode largely based on an RTD
plot.
IMO the new season feels very much like it's trying to be like the RTD
era so far and that's what it pretty much feels like - like it's
trying to be like the RTD era (specifically, the Eccleston series).
Which isn't necessarily terrible, but it does feel like they're
playing it very safe so far.
I don't get that feeling at all. Moffat seems to be exaggerating elements in
a way I didn't think RTD did. RTD's stories had moments of humour, but not
along the lines of the food scene in episode 1 of the latest series, or the
jammy dodger in episode 3. RTD's stories had scary elements, but again I get
the felling Moffat's going out of his way to find scary elements - prisoner
zero, the man barking, the menacing figures in the boxes, etc. - and
shoe-horning them into stories without any other reason than the fact he
thinks they'll be memorable to the children.

In other ways though, Moffat doesn't have an easy job. By 2005, it had been
16 years since the BBC had made an episode of Dr Who. RTD had to learn from
scratch what would work and what wouldn't. He's left the series on a high
note. Moffat has had to take over - deal with RTD's success as well as the
probable budget reduction due to the current financial issues - so I guess
he has to play it safe while he's finding his feet.

Stephen O'Connell
2010-04-19 18:32:25 UTC
Post by FunkyM
The 2-parters have often been highlights of the series since it came
back, so the next two weeks should be interesting and tell us more
about how the season might shape up.
I thought Victory of the Daleks should have been a two parter, and the
story fleshed out a bit. As it was all over too quickly and easily for
my liking. Which seems to happen quite a lot these days. But when a
story is given time to develop over two parts, they generally seem to
work a bit better. But there' still a long way to go this season, we've
only had three episodes with Matt Smith, so there's no need for doom and
gloom just yet.
--
http://holmesaudios.com

http://www.phantomaudio.co.uk
The Doctor
2010-04-19 19:59:19 UTC
Post by Stephen O'Connell
Post by FunkyM
The 2-parters have often been highlights of the series since it came
back, so the next two weeks should be interesting and tell us more
about how the season might shape up.
I thought Victory of the Daleks should have been a two parter, and the
story fleshed out a bit. As it was all over too quickly and easily for
my liking. Which seems to happen quite a lot these days. But when a
story is given time to develop over two parts, they generally seem to
work a bit better. But there' still a long way to go this season, we've
only had three episodes with Matt Smith, so there's no need for doom and
gloom just yet.
--
http://holmesaudios.com
http://www.phantomaudio.co.uk
You need 6 2 parters and 1 3 parter per season.
Duggan
2010-04-20 01:02:59 UTC
***@aol.com wrote:

"There is no Void any more - according to The Next Doctor, it was the
destruction of the Void as reality collapsed that forced the surviving
Cybermen into the 'real world'. If any Void Daleks survived, they'll
be hovering around in real space too."

Doh! I've only ever seen the very end of 'Next Doctor'.

Stephen O'Connell wrote:

"I thought Victory of the Daleks should have been a two parter, and
the story fleshed out a bit. As it was all over too quickly and easily
for my liking. Which seems to happen quite a lot these days. But when
a story is given time to develop over two parts, they generally seem
to work a bit better."

Agreed. I think most new Who's would work better even if it was just
split into two 30-minute episodes a week. Apart from anything else I
miss having the opportunity to wonder what the hell's going on and
what's going to happen next.
FunkyM
2010-04-20 02:54:47 UTC
Post by Duggan
"There is no Void any more - according to The Next Doctor, it was the
destruction of the Void as reality collapsed that forced the surviving
Cybermen into the 'real world'. If any Void Daleks survived, they'll
be hovering around in real space too."
Doh! I've only ever seen the very end of 'Next Doctor'.
"I thought Victory of the Daleks should have been a two parter, and
the story fleshed out a bit. As it was all over too quickly and easily
for my liking. Which seems to happen quite a lot these days. But when
a story is given time to develop over two parts, they generally seem
to work a bit better."
Had the same thought, but this episode did have some issues that
would've required more than just fleshing out... and not just the
iDaleks. How did the Daleks know Churchill could contact the Doctor?
Why did they build their genetic salt shaker to recognize "testimony"
from the Doctor? Why did the Daleks build an android bomb that could
defuse himself just from being talked down? These aren't minor plot
points...
Post by Duggan
Agreed. I think most new Who's would work better even if it was just
split into two 30-minute episodes a week. Apart from anything else I
miss having the opportunity to wonder what the hell's going on and
what's going to happen next.
That could work... making the regular episodes 60 mins and the
specials 75 mins might work too. 45 mins seems a bit short for the
kind of stories Who tells most weeks - even new Who. There's the odd
exception, but it's generally been the rule.
FunkyM
2010-04-20 03:45:28 UTC
On Apr 19, 2:23 pm, "Stephen Wilson"
Post by Stephen Wilson
Post by FunkyM
Post by p***@aol.com
[...]
Meh, the food scene wasn't any worse than some of the comic relief in
most new Who episodes. And almost every post-regeneration episode has
a silly scene.
Post by Stephen Wilson
RTD's stories had scary elements, but again I get
the felling Moffat's going out of his way to find scary elements - prisoner
zero, the man barking, the menacing figures in the boxes, etc. - and
shoe-horning them into stories without any other reason than the fact he
thinks they'll be memorable to the children.
"Moffat's going out of his way to find scary elements ... and shoe-
horning them into stories without any other reason than the fact he
thinks they'll be memorable to the children."

That describes... a lot of Doctor Who stories? Nah, the problem is
mostly that the writing hasn't been great. RTD showed a general
improvement in his writing and production decisions over the course of
his run (although the "The End of Time" is debatable). The transition
to Moffatt seems to have set us back in those terms a bit.

And to be fair, we probably should give the new team a little bit more
of a chance to find its feet. After all, we've only seen 3 episodes
and IMO, S1 didn't hit a home run until episode 5 (although Gatiss'
story in S1 was a lot better than "Victory".)

Heck, what about Tennant's first season? New Earth? Idiot's Lantern?
Cybusmen? Fear Her? Not exactly a spectacular start. It's too soon to
call S5 a but *just* yet. (Although, if the two parter doesn't pick
things up...)
Stephen O'Connell
2010-04-18 12:49:16 UTC
Post by Duggan
"the design of the new Daleks which was obviously based on the new
Mini"
It's worse than that, it's like a Mini Metro compared to the classic
mini. They're like some plastic 80s Japanese toy.
"Let's hope when the rift finally gets sealed all the changes made
through time put in by Steve Moffat to undo most of RTD's Earth gets
blown up every other day and no one says a thing about it continuity,
get undone, that we go back to the old Dalek design again."
I'm hoping something like that. I'm hoping we're being played with. I
think the new Daleks are so awful we're meant to hate them.
How can you hate an Orange Dalek? Or even be afraid of it! :-)
Very Star Wars-ish, but cool at the same time.
Duggy
2010-04-23 00:07:12 UTC
Post by Stephen O'Connell
Post by Duggan
The space-spitfires were the greatest thing ever.
Very Star Wars-ish, but cool at the same time.
Neo-Steam-punk Star Wars. So, yes, I agree with the guy with the same
name as me.

===
= DUG.
===
Timothy Bruening
OD could therefore get closer before one recognizes the threat and reacts!
The Doctor
We are slow to believe that which if believed would hurt our feelings. -Ovid
Timothy Bruening
Town!
The Doctor
2018-03-27 14:32:11 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Stephen O'Connell
Post by Duggan
"the design of the new Daleks which was obviously based on the new
Mini"
It's worse than that, it's like a Mini Metro compared to the classic
mini. They're like some plastic 80s Japanese toy.
"Let's hope when the rift finally gets sealed all the changes made
through time put in by Steve Moffat to undo most of RTD's Earth gets
blown up every other day and no one says a thing about it continuity,
get undone, that we go back to the old Dalek design again."
I'm hoping something like that. I'm hoping we're being played with. I
think the new Daleks are so awful we're meant to hate them.
How can you hate an Orange Dalek? Or even be afraid of it! :-)
OD could therefore get closer before one recognizes the threat and reacts!
Boom!
Town!
Stop spamtrolling rec.arts.drwho Tim!!

You are making enemies!!

You are showing yourself to be anti-social.
We are slow to believe that which if believed would hurt our feelings. -Ovid
The Doctor
2010-04-18 13:32:33 UTC
Post by Duggan
[...]
Rocket those spitfires!!
Monsieur Tabernac
2010-04-18 14:04:30 UTC
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:05:49 -0700 (PDT), Duggan
Post by Duggan
The cracks in space-time are the old Daleks trying to escape from the
Void. They escape. They decide that they don't want to be wiped out by
the new Daleks, thank you very much. Dalek civil war ensues. The
proper classic menacing indestructible-looking old Daleks wipe out the
rubbish plastic misshapen new ones. Everyone cheers.
God, I hope so! When I saw these new Daleks in action, like many
others, I thought they looked incredibly cheap. I was hoping that
they were literally cheap props and would be destroyed at the end of
the episode.

After watching the Confidential, I'm less optimistic. They seem to be
the new design... plus they spent a lot of money making FIVE of them!
Hard to justify scrapping them and building more RTD-style Daleks.

Unless.. it's all a red herring -- they really ARE cheaply-built props
meant to throw us all off, and all the actors and producers have been
told to stress that they're permanent.

I did notice that their domes are less mobile than the RTDaleks (and
in Confidential, the operators talk about having to learn how to move
the eye and dome), so maybe they don't have radio controlled heads
like the RTDaleks (and hence are only cheap shells meant to be
eventually discarded).

Or, I'm just being optimistic and over-analytical.
Post by Duggan
Other than that, a fun episode. Bill Paterson great, the way they
defused the bomb excellent. The subplot with the war-room plotter bird
and her pilot should have been built up or cut out. Some anachronisms
- saying 'roll out'? In 1940? Music a bit intrusive again, I thought
they were toning it down or I'd grown used to it, but too much 'woo-oo-
oo' this week.
The space-spitfires were the greatest thing ever.
But how do propeller-driven aircraft fly in space?

Ah.. Dalek technology. :)
p***@aol.com
2010-04-18 14:17:13 UTC
Post by Duggan
The cracks in space-time are the old Daleks trying to escape from the
Void. They escape. They decide that they don't want to be wiped out by
the new Daleks, thank you very much. Dalek civil war ensues. The
proper classic menacing indestructible-looking old Daleks wipe out the
rubbish plastic misshapen new ones. Everyone cheers.
God, I hope so!  When I saw these new Daleks in action, like many
others, I thought they looked incredibly cheap.  I was hoping that
they were literally cheap props and would be destroyed at the end of
the episode.
After watching the Confidential, I'm less optimistic.  They seem to be
the new design... plus they spent a lot of money making FIVE of them!
Hard to justify scrapping them and building more RTD-style Daleks.
Why would they need to build more RTD-style Daleks? The existing ones
don't really get blown up at the end of each story...

I am wondering why the five, each in different colours, though. Either
we're expected to buy that there's going to a new race of hundreds of
these things, but that we only ever see one of each colour at a time,
or these five are intended to be unique characters, with the colours
serving to let the audience tell them apart - in which case any other
Daleks would have to use other props. I'm not sure why else they'd
have built five - most Who monster props even today seem to come in
threes.

They only had three camo Daleks, but surely a whole Dalek ship (based
on what we saw during the RTD era) would have a much larger crew -
where are the others?
Post by Monsieur Tabernac
Unless.. it's all a red herring -- they really ARE cheaply-built props
meant to throw us all off, and all the actors and producers have been
told to stress that they're permanent.
To gauge reaction, maybe? Past producers have said they've considered
changing the Daleks' appearance, but have never dared - we had RTD
plugging Dalek Sec as a new-look Dalek before Evolution. It would seem
strange for Moffatt to do so as glibly as has been suggested - but
sadly it would also fit perfectly with the way he's been treating the
show as his personal toy so far.
Post by Monsieur Tabernac
I did notice that their domes are less mobile than the RTDaleks (and
in Confidential, the operators talk about having to learn how to move
the eye and dome), so maybe they don't have radio controlled heads
like the RTDaleks (and hence are only cheap shells meant to be
eventually discarded).
They're cheap shells, that much is obvious, but so far this year
everything looks cheap - Who has had to contend with a combination of
budget cuts and the extra cost of filming everything in HD. I don't
think that necessarily implies they aren't intended to be permanent
(though it does make it stranger that they'd discard the more
professional-looking and probably higher-budget RTD Daleks in a time
of cost cuts).
Post by Duggan
Other than that, a fun episode. Bill Paterson great, the way they
defused the bomb excellent. The subplot with the war-room plotter bird
and her pilot should have been built up or cut out. Some anachronisms
- saying 'roll out'? In 1940? Music a bit intrusive again, I thought
they were toning it down or I'd grown used to it, but too much 'woo-oo-
oo' this week.
The space-spitfires were the greatest thing ever.
But how do propeller-driven aircraft fly in space?
Ah.. Dalek technology. :)
Maybe they were operating with individual air bubbles around the
plane?

Phil
john smith
2010-04-18 18:56:02 UTC
Post by Duggan
[...]

***It's to signify their different rank/role/caste - sort of like worker
bees. That's what Gattis said on "Confidential", anyway...***

Phil
The Face of Po
2010-04-18 18:55:58 UTC
I was hanging out with the cool kids in rec.arts.drwho when
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Would have given it 20/10 for all the classic Doctor Who atmosphere that was
created if it hadn't been for the design of the new Daleks which was
obviously based on the new Mini [...]
When the first one came out white, and the next blue, I was
half-expecting there to be just one more, in red.
Happiness will prevail
john smith
2010-04-18 23:05:22 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Great performances all round, good dramatisation and a good script from Mark
Gattis.
Would have given it 20/10 for all the classic Doctor Who atmosphere that was
created if it hadn't been for the design of the new Daleks which was
obviously based on the new Mini [...]
When the first one came out white, and the next blue, I was
half-expecting there to be just one more, in red.
My partner was the same! I was slapping my knees in hysterics! When the
new Daleks were trundling out, he was going: "The red one! Where's the red
one?" And when, lo! and behold! it appeared, he was like - in wails of
breathless nostalgiac joy: "The RED ONE!!!"

(Sad twat!)

He's a few years older than me and lived through 'Dalekmania' and explained
how mental it was then to see the Daleks in colour for the first time - this
being in the almost-universally-despised, non-canon Peter Cushing films, of
course... (I love 'em!)

He then told me about a photo (actually, slide) - which he finally dug out -
of him as a little kid wearing a kind of plastic personal-tent Dalek costume
in red! (Doesn't look good on a human-shaped body!) Fucking brilliant!
Best laugh I've had all year!

And I thought to myself, "Now THAT'S why I love 'Doctor Who'..."
Post by The Face of Po
Happiness will prevail
Ross
2010-04-19 01:11:25 UTC
Post by john smith
He's a few years older than me and lived through 'Dalekmania' and explained
how mental it was then to see the Daleks in colour for the first time - this
being in the almost-universally-despised, non-canon Peter Cushing films, of
course...  (I love 'em!)
Love is a strong word, but, leaving aside anything about their place
in the continuity of the series, the Cushing films have a very small
advantage over their televised counterparts in that they are somewhat
shorter. Given that your average 1960s Who serial was at least 30%
too long, these tend to have about the same amount of story, and a
third the amount of filler.
The Doctor
2010-04-19 01:42:40 UTC
Post by Ross
He's a few years older than me and lived through 'Dalekmania' and explain=
ed
how mental it was then to see the Daleks in colour for the first time - t=
his
being in the almost-universally-despised, non-canon Peter Cushing films, =
of
course... =A0(I love 'em!)
Love is a strong word, but, leaving aside anything about their place
in the continuity of the series, the Cushing films have a very small
advantage over their televised counterparts in that they are somewhat
shorter. Given that your average 1960s Who serial was at least 30%
too long, these tend to have about the same amount of story, and a
third the amount of filler.
Suddenly I have memories of Curse of Fenric.
john smith
2010-04-19 01:53:04 UTC
In article
Post by Ross
He's a few years older than me and lived through 'Dalekmania' and explain=
ed
how mental it was then to see the Daleks in colour for the first time - t=
his
being in the almost-universally-despised, non-canon Peter Cushing films, =
of
course... =A0(I love 'em!)
Love is a strong word, but, leaving aside anything about their place
in the continuity of the series, the Cushing films have a very small
advantage over their televised counterparts in that they are somewhat
shorter. Given that your average 1960s Who serial was at least 30%
too long, these tend to have about the same amount of story, and a
third the amount of filler.
Suddenly I have memories of Curse of Fenric.
You can get pills for that these days...
The Doctor
2010-04-19 01:54:33 UTC
Post by john smith
In article
Post by Ross
[...]
No need for pills.
Hulahoop
2010-04-20 08:41:04 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Aggy I think you may be playing the "Matt Smith is from Northampton and I
will be positive about all his stories no matter what" card just a bit too
enthusiastically

Regards

Ged
AlfyDoor
2010-04-20 09:23:48 UTC
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Almost as enthusiastically as he played the "RTD is gay and I will hate
everything he is involved with no matter what" card. At various points
during RTD's tenure he wanted the whole run to be explained away as coming
from the Valeyard and the Matrix. Now he wants Moffat's 'rewriting of
history/alternate reality/whatever the fuck it turns out to be' rewound and
reset at the end, despite Matt's reign being the bestest Dr Who has ever
been in the history of ever.

That he could wax so lyrical about blatant crap like Victory while ripping
to shreds many terrific episodes during RTD's time should be the final
exposition of him as any kind of serious critic.
john smith
2010-04-20 16:52:49 UTC
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Beat me to it! But yeah - you're right, of course. Although it's always
been obvious where Aggy's been coming from...
p***@aol.com
2010-04-20 20:48:24 UTC
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
I'm quite impressed Aggy's managed to let his loyalty to the
Northampton boy overcome his revulsion at men kissing one another
(since we know from his interpretation of Parting of the Ways that a
man kissing another is an inherently sexual act), since I've pointed
out in the past (with amused anticipation of Aggy's response) that
Matt's on record as having kissed a male reporter!

Phil
john smith
2010-04-21 00:21:00 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
I think we shouldn't draw any conclusions from that. It's not like he
felched him, is it?
p***@aol.com
2010-04-21 05:09:41 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
*We* shouldn't. *Aggy* should, if he wants to be consistent - either
guys kissing is an expression of homosexuality, or RTD wasn't pushing
homosexual activity as Aggy likes to claim in Parting of the Ways.
That, after all, is the point of bringing it up - to aggravate Aggy,
not to comment on Matt's sexuality.

Phil
john smith

True! (I hope to God Matt Smith is never exposed to this forum!)
The Doctor
2010-04-21 16:51:13 UTC
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Why? life is like that.
john smith
2010-04-21 17:48:09 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by AlfyDoor
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Why?
Because of pricks like you...

life is like that.
Post by The Doctor
--
Like what? What do *you* know about life? You live in bloody Cloud Cuckoo
Land...
The Doctor
2010-04-21 18:49:33 UTC
Post by john smith
Post by The Doctor
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by p***@aol.com
Post by AlfyDoor
--
Post by The Doctor
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee
UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance
Said insane troll john smith.
Ignis Fatuus
Isn't That the home of the Weeping Angels?
john smith
2010-04-20 16:50:58 UTC
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
[...]
Don't forget the "It's not a queer running the show so it must be better
than all the previous series" card...
Stephen O'Connell
2010-04-20 16:59:27 UTC
Post by john smith
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
In that hope I will give Victory of the Daleks 10/10.
Aggy I think you may be playing the "Matt Smith is from Northampton
and I will be positive about all his stories no matter what" card
just a bit too enthusiastically
Don't forget the "It's not a queer running the show so it must be
better than all the previous series" card...
If only life was as simple as that...

At the moment I'd be hard pressed to say that there is much - if any -
difference so far this season!
--
http://holmesaudios.com

http://www.phantomaudio.co.uk
john smith
2010-04-21 00:16:40 UTC
Post by Stephen O'Connell
Post by john smith
Post by Hulahoop
Post by Agamemnon
In that hope I will give Victory of the Daleks 10/10.
Aggy I think you may be playing the "Matt Smith is from Northampton and
I will be positive about all his stories no matter what" card just a bit
too enthusiastically
Don't forget the "It's not a queer running the show so it must be better
than all the previous series" card...
If only life was as simple as that...
At the moment I'd be hard pressed to say that there is much - if any -
difference so far this season!
Sadly, it's a bit more mediocre than the previous ones...

But we've a way to go yet so I hope to be surprised!
Post by Stephen O'Connell
--
http://holmesaudios.com
http://www.phantomaudio.co.uk
Timothy Bruening
2018-02-05 13:42:26 UTC
The Doctor is surprised that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks from The Stolen Earth.

Will she be surprised if Salamander fails to show in 2018?
The Doctor
2018-02-05 13:57:34 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
The Doctor is surprised that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks from The Stolen Earth.
Will she be surprised if Salamander fails to show in 2018?
No.
You never find yourself until you face the truth. -Pearl Bailey
Timothy Bruening
2018-02-05 14:12:20 UTC
Why not?
The Doctor
2018-02-05 14:36:50 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Timothy Bruening
The Doctor is surprised that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks from The Stolen Earth.
Will she be surprised if Salamander fails to show in 2018?
No.
Why not?
The faux is somewhen else.
You never find yourself until you face the truth. -Pearl Bailey
Timothy Bruening
JodieDoc won't spend ANY time on 2018 Earth?????
The Doctor
2018-02-05 22:38:18 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Timothy Bruening
The Doctor is surprised that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks from The
Stolen Earth.
Will she be surprised if Salamander fails to show in 2018?
No.
Why not?
The faux is somewhen else.
JodieDoc won't spend ANY time on 2018 Earth?????
Who knows about that faux other than Hereti Chibnall.
You never find yourself until you face the truth. -Pearl Bailey
Tim Bruening
What is a Hereti?
The Doctor
2018-02-27 21:41:37 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Timothy Bruening
The Doctor is surprised that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks from The
Stolen Earth.
Will she be surprised if Salamander fails to show in 2018?
No.
Why not?
The faux is somewhen else.
JodieDoc won't spend ANY time on 2018 Earth?????
Who knows about that faux other than Hereti Chibnall.
What is a Hereti?
That should be Heretic.
It is easier to stay out than get out. -Mark Twain
Tim Bruening
You said that JodieDoc is somewhen else other than 2018 Earth?
The Doctor
2018-02-27 21:42:33 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Timothy Bruening
The Doctor is surprised that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks from The
Stolen Earth.
Will she be surprised if Salamander fails to show in 2018?
No.
Why not?
The faux is somewhen else.
JodieDoc won't spend ANY time on 2018 Earth?????
Who knows about that faux other than Hereti Chibnall.
You said that JodieDoc is somewhen else other than 2018 Earth?
Rosa PArks or 1950 South Africe.
It is easier to stay out than get out. -Mark Twain
Timothy Bruening
JodieDoc becomes Rosa Parks?
The Doctor
It is easier to stay out than get out. -Mark Twain
Timothy Bruening
2018-02-05 13:55:34 UTC
London is lit up by the Daleks, and must be returned to darkness in 10 minutes or be bombed. Bracewell says that his hypersonic planes and gravity bubbles are theoretical. How does he turn them into weapons systems in time to send them up to the Daleks?
The Doctor
2018-02-05 13:58:21 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
London is lit up by the Daleks, and must be returned to darkness in 10
minutes or be bombed. Bracewell says that his hypersonic planes and
gravity bubbles are theoretical. How does he turn them into weapons
systems in time to send them up to the Daleks?
Do he or the Doctor do that?
You never find yourself until you face the truth. -Pearl Bailey
Timothy Bruening
The Doctor was on the Dalek ship, so he couldn't have done it!
The Doctor
You never find yourself until you face the truth. -Pearl Bailey
Timothy Bruening
2018-04-09 06:03:40 UTC
How did British built Daleks with 1940s materials?
The Doctor
2018-04-09 14:39:31 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
How did British built Daleks with 1940s materials?
They did?
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder
Timothy Bruening
2018-04-09 18:47:11 UTC
What else would they have used?
The Doctor
2018-04-09 21:51:52 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
How did British built Daleks with 1940s materials?
They did?
What else would they have used?
They just materialised.
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder
Timothy Bruening
I got impression that British THOUGHT they had built Daleks with their own blood, sweat, tears, hands, tools, & raw materials! Churchill even showed the Doctor blueprints of the "Ironsides"!
The Doctor
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
Timothy Bruening
2018-04-09 06:09:27 UTC
Did that Dalek cyborg Bracewell need to eat, drink, eliminate, and sleep? If not, he should realize that he isn't real before Dalek fire exposes his metal hand.
The Doctor
2018-04-09 14:40:08 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Did that Dalek cyborg Bracewell need to eat, drink, eliminate, and
sleep? If not, he should realize that he isn't real before Dalek fire
exposes his metal hand.
They all need nutrition.
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder
Timothy Bruening
Do Daleks eat same things we do?
The Doctor
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder
Timothy Bruening
Hamburgers? Tacos? KFC? Ice cream? Candy? Cookies? Cake? Sushi? Crab?
The Doctor
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder
Timothy Bruening
I don't know "Crb".
The Doctor
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder
Timothy Bruening
Green eggs & ham?
The Doctor
2018-04-10 00:28:12 UTC
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by The Doctor
Post by Timothy Bruening
Did that Dalek cyborg Bracewell need to eat, drink, eliminate, and
sleep? If not, he should realize that he isn't real before Dalek fire
exposes his metal hand.
They all need nutrition.
Do Daleks eat same things we do?
I would say yes.
Green eggs & ham?
UGH!
It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. -Vida D. Scudder