What happened to the Doctor's wife?
Add Reply
Agamemnon
2018-06-30 10:45:55 UTC
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?

Until Moffat fucked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.

Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
solar penguin
2018-06-30 10:51:06 UTC
Aggy asininely asserted...
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
Why? Even in the real world, female Doctors can have wives or even
former wives.
Timothy Bruening
Only recently have women been allowed to marry women.
The Doctor
By the work one knows the workmen. -Jean De La Fontaine
Timothy Bruening
2018-06-30 11:34:06 UTC
Aggy asininely asserted...
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
Why? Even in the real world, female Doctors can have wives or even
former wives.
Plot bunnies: Leela's husband Andred regenerates as a woman, shocking the living daylights out of her.

Ditto for a male Susan and David!
Agamemnon
2018-06-30 12:17:28 UTC
Aggy asininely asserted...
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
Why? Even in the real world, female Doctors can have wives or even
former wives.
Plot bunnies: Leela's husband Andred regenerates as a woman, shocking the living daylights out of her.
Ditto for a male Susan and David!
Almost forgot about Susan and David.

Clearly this Time Lords changing sex business is complete and utter SJW
transvestite and female chauvinistic bollocks.

You can't have a love interest with someone who changes sex. The ratings
are have already been flushed down the toilet before even a single new
episode has been shown.
The Doctor
2018-06-30 13:49:57 UTC
Aggy asininely asserted...
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
Why? Even in the real world, female Doctors can have wives or even
former wives.
Plot bunnies: Leela's husband Andred regenerates as a woman, shocking
the living daylights out of her.
Ditto for a male Susan and David!
Extremely terrible!!
By the work one knows the workmen. -Jean De La Fontaine
Agamemnon
2018-06-30 12:02:16 UTC
Aggy asininely asserted...
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
Why? Even in the real world, female Doctors can have wives or even
former wives.
The primary audience for Doctor Who is not married or divorced lesbians.

As seen with Dickensian, Troy: Fall of a City, and Solo: A Star Wars
Story; introducing gay relationships will cause Doctor Who to completely
flop.
The Doctor
By the work one knows the workmen. -Jean De La Fontaine
Timothy Bruening
2018-06-30 11:29:02 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?
Until Moffat fucked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.
The fact that the Doctor has felt free to marry various Earth women would imply that his Gallifreyan wife is RIP!

Unless polygamy is legal on Gallifrey!
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
An ex-wife or estranged wife might work. We could say that the Doctor left Gallifrey to escape from a bad marriage. He had never revealed that fact for fear of offending his Companions.

Maybe the Master was the Doctor's wife in a previous Missy incarnation! That would explain her attraction to him & his desire to reform her!

Bunny: The Doctor's wife shows up and slaps her for turning female.
Agamemnon
2018-06-30 12:11:34 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?
Until Moffat fucked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.
The fact that the Doctor has felt free to marry various Earth women would imply that his Gallifreyan wife is RIP!
His marriage to River Song wasn't technically legal. It wasn't even to
him but to a tessalecter, and the other one was part of an alternate
reality which never occurred.
Post by Timothy Bruening
Unless polygamy is legal on Gallifrey!
Leela wouldn't be very happy with that. What happened to her offspring
with Andred?
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
An ex-wife or estranged wife might work. We could say that the Doctor left Gallifrey to escape from a bad marriage. He had never revealed that fact for fear of offending his Companions.
Why would he take Susan his grand daughter with him then?
Post by Timothy Bruening
Maybe the Master was the Doctor's wife in a previous Missy incarnation! That would explain her attraction to him & his desire to reform her!
If that is so, why doesn't he talk about it to it?
Post by Timothy Bruening
Bunny: The Doctor's wife shows up and slaps her for turning female.
Chibnall has still got to address that issue of homosexuality, and
that's why the ratings for the new series have already gone down the
toilet before a single new episode has been shown.
Timothy Bruening
Doctor 10 agreed to marry Queen Elizabeth I in 1562. I assume THAT wedding would have been legal!
Timothy Bruening
2018-06-30 13:01:27 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
Post by Timothy Bruening
Post by Agamemnon
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?
Until Moffat fucked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.
The fact that the Doctor has felt free to marry various Earth women would imply that his Gallifreyan wife is RIP!
His marriage to River Song wasn't technically legal. It wasn't even to
him but to a tessalecter, and the other one was part of an alternate
reality which never occurred.
The Doctor was inside the Telsectra controlling it, so he WAS present at the wedding!
Okay, make it an ex-wife the Doctor is escaping the memory of. Even a divorced Doctor could dote on his granddaughter enough to take her with him!
The Doctor
2018-06-30 13:49:13 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?
Until Moffat f*ked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.
The fact that the Doctor has felt free to marry various Earth women
would imply that his Gallifreyan wife is RIP!
Or not.
Post by Agamemnon
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
An ex-wife or estranged wife might work. We could say that the Doctor
left Gallifrey to escape from a bad marriage. He had never revealed
that fact for fear of offending his Companions.
Maybe the Master was the Doctor's wife in a previous Missy incarnation!
That would explain her attraction to him & his desire to reform her!
Bunny: The Doctor's wife shows up and slaps her for turning female.
Might work!
By the work one knows the workmen. -Jean De La Fontaine
Timothy Bruening
The ability of Gallifreyans to change gender would force them to legalize same sex marriage.
Timothy Bruening
2018-06-30 11:54:47 UTC
On Gallifrey, the people can regenerate and thus live for centuries or millennia. That would make "Until Death Does Us Part" vows totally ridiculous.
Agamemnon
2018-06-30 12:13:26 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?
Until Moffat fucked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
The ability of Gallifreyans to change gender would force them to legalize same sex marriage.
Or outlaw marriage altogether, but then there's Leela and Andred, so the
whole idea of Time Lords changing sex is totally preposterous.

The sooner we see Clara waking up and seeing Matt Smith walking out of
the shower the better.
The Doctor
By the work one knows the workmen. -Jean De La Fontaine
Timothy Bruening
Your Qs sound like potential fodder for either Chibnall's episodes, your crowd-funded series, or both!
The Doctor
2018-06-30 13:46:42 UTC
Post by Agamemnon
What happened to the Doctor's wife? I mean his real wife, Susan's
grandmother? And that begs the question, what about his children?
Until Moffat f*ked everything up, it would have made sense to the
story-line that they were all dead and that was the reason why he left
Gallifrey.
Why hasn't any writer dealt with these issues? Obviously Chibnall can't
do it now because giving a female Doctor a wife or even former wife is
totally ridiculous.
Here we go downhill!
By the work one knows the workmen. -Jean De La Fontaine