S09E11 Heaven Sent
2018-03-13 13:20:40 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
Timothy Bruening
2018-03-13 14:23:21 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
The Doctor
2018-03-13 15:38:57 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
It is a Confession dial.
Life is a long lesson in humility. -James M. Barrie
Daniel60
2018-05-16 13:48:40 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
It is a Confession dial.
So, What?? As long as you are in the Confession Dial, slaving your guts
out, day in, day out, for billions of years, you never get hungry??
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
Daniel60
2018-05-17 07:49:44 UTC
Where did the Doctor's food come from?
It is a Confession dial.
So, What?? As long as you are in the Confession Dial, slaving your guts
out, day in, day out, for billions of years, you never get hungry??
And recompiling.
Re-compiling what, idiot??
He will live ill who does not know how to die well. -Seneca
The Doctor
2018-03-13 15:38:26 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
Life is a long lesson in humility. -James M. Barrie
Daniel60
2018-05-16 13:45:50 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??

He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
2018-05-16 21:29:50 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
He is in his Confession Dial.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
Daniel60
2018-05-17 07:48:38 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
He is in his Confession Dial.
So what, idiot?? Do Time Lords in Confession Dials not speak Gallofreyan??
2018-05-17 15:12:22 UTC
Daniel demanded...
Post by Daniel60
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking
to himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot
be using the TARDIS translation circuitry!!
It's either ...

A. the same TV translation convention that had Time Lords seeming
to speak English in The Deadly Assassin despite no human companions
to translate for in either story.

or ...

B. proof that the TARDIS translator circuits are only needed for
companions, while Time Lords' latent telepathic powers allow their
speech to be translated naturally.

(or both!)
Daniel60
2018-05-18 06:31:48 UTC
Daniel demanded...
Post by Daniel60
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking
to himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot
be using the TARDIS translation circuitry!!
It's either ...
A. the same TV translation convention that had Time Lords seeming
to speak English in The Deadly Assassin despite no human companions
to translate for in either story.
or ...
B. proof that the TARDIS translator circuits are only needed for
companions, while Time Lords' latent telepathic powers allow their
speech to be translated naturally.
(or both!)
Both valid points, SP.
Enabling the Doctor to understand Judoon?
The Doctor
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding. -H. H. Williams
Pudentame
2018-05-24 01:21:27 UTC
On Wed, 16 May 2018 23:45:50 +1000, Daniel60
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
The tale of the bird that chips away at the mountain until it's worn
completely away is an EARTH "fairy tale", so it's reasonable The
Doctor would leave himself a clue in an EARTH language.
Daniel60
2018-05-24 11:32:48 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language  ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
O.K., I'll ask the question!!! Is the TARDIS' "translation circuitry"
actually used in the re-generation process! (I don't know why I've
joined those two into the one process!!)

I don't know.
The Doctor
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Timothy Bruening
How do you know what I know?
The Doctor
2018-07-21 20:43:53 UTC
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be speaking to
himself in his native language  ... Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so cannot be using
The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
O.K., I'll ask the question!!! Is the TARDIS' "translation circuitry"
actually used in the re-generation process! (I don't know why I've
joined those two into the one process!!)
LOL!
I don't know.
Doubt that.
How do you know what I know?
You missed the irony.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer
Daniel60
2018-07-22 10:25:01 UTC
In article
In article
Post by Timothy Bruening
Why did the Doctor write "Bird" in English rather than
Gallifreyan?
He is talking to himself.
If he *IS* talking to himself, then surely he would be
speaking to himself in his native language ...
Gallifreyan, wouldn't he??
He is not re-generating, as The TARDIS is not around, so
cannot be using The TARDIS translation circuitry!!
O.K., I'll ask the question!!! Is the TARDIS' "translation
circuitry" actually used in the re-generation process! (I
don't know why I've joined those two into the one process!!)
LOL!
I don't know.
Doubt that.
How do you know what I know?